Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:39 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

While the self serving and self congratulatory overpaid morons on the football field kneel, brave police officers from Las Vegas were seen running to the scene of the carnage, standing tall and directing people away from the scene while gunfire rained down everywhere around them. Brave officers also stormed the Mandalay and the room where this shooter was running mad, finally ending his life.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:45 PM

1,874 posts, read 650,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
First, you're wrong
No, I am not.

Not in the sense that the flag represents everything there is about a country.

Quote:
Second, friendly reminder that it was a military veteran who suggested that Kaepernick kneel
His name is Nate Boyer and he was SF.

My take is that Boyer was convinced that Kaepernick was going to make, and will continue to make, public statements regarding how he feels. Boyer wanted Kaepernick to have some kind of tone down gesture that would be an acceptable compromise between public statement and basic respect for the national symbol. Burning the flag during the national anthem would have ended Kaepernick's career in the NFL with no second chance like he is trying to get now via free agency. Kneeling was the best solution Boyer could offer.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:48 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While the self serving and self congratulatory overpaid morons on the football field kneel, brave police officers from Las Vegas were seen running to the scene of the carnage, standing tall and directing people away from the scene while gunfire rained down everywhere around them. Brave officers also stormed the Mandalay and the room where this shooter was running mad, finally ending his life.
He ended his own life. As for the rest of your screechy screed, cops aren't shooting unarmed NFL black guys, they're shooting regular Joe unarmed black guys. The fact the NFLers are incurring your wrath for the sake of regular Joe black guy would indicate that they are in fact NOT self-serving.

0-2

Old 10-02-2017, 03:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Good Post
In fact these brave Police officers, should get paid with those idiot FOOTBALL PLAYERS DO!

These officers and others, were seen running into the direction of GUNFIRE, just to save others, did not care about RACE, RELIGION, GENDER, OR ONES'S POLITICAL VIEW, they ran into a chaotic scene just to save people's lives.
These brave people all stood up and stood up TALL!
A sport is a sport for every person to enjoy and love, keep politics out of it.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM
TKO

The American Right, masters at the false equivalency of confusing totally irrelevant issues and getting all high and mighty about it! You go boys, enjoy the view from up on that high horse!!!

I love me some NFL and I don't find it all difficult to get past whatever brief display the players want to make on the behalf of other, less fortunate people, and enjoy my games. My Redskins are gonna paste the Chiefs tonight and I'm gonna get just as much pleasure out of the game regardless of who does what in those few minutes while the Anthem is playing. I win!

Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
First, you're wrong

Second, friendly reminder that it was a military veteran who suggested that Kaepernick kneel
No, he isn't wrong. You are, as usual.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Good Post
In fact these brave Police officers, should get paid with those idiot FOOTBALL PLAYERS DO!

These officers and others, were seen running into the direction of GUNFIRE, just to save others, did not care about RACE, RELIGION, GENDER, OR ONES'S POLITICAL VIEW, they ran into a chaotic scene just to save people's lives.
These brave people all stood up and stood up TALL!
A sport is a sport for every person to enjoy and love, keep politics out of it.
Politics have LONG been a part of sports - like it or not. This is not new.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The American Right, masters at the false equivalency of confusing totally irrelevant issues and getting all high and mighty about it! You go boys, enjoy the view from up on that high horse!!!

I love me some NFL and I don't find it all difficult to get past whatever brief display the players want to make on the behalf of other, less fortunate people, and enjoy my games. My Redskins are gonna paste the Chiefs tonight and I'm gonna get just as much pleasure out of the game regardless of who does what in those few minutes while the Anthem is playing. I win!
Nobody is confused which is why your argument isn't winning anything...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Politics have LONG been a part of sports - like it or not. This is not new.
No they have not... yet the liberals keep trying to make it so...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:36 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Nobody is confused which is why your argument isn't winning anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No they have not... yet the liberals keep trying to make it so...
You just come along, categorically state your unsupported (and incorrect) OPINION as fact, and expect that it's over? Do those tactics prove successful in your real life interactions with people? I suspect not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies