Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:20 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

I see I picked up another Jew-hater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
My opinions on black chattel slavery and reparations are in the reparations threads. Use the search function. Jews and blacks should never be compared. They were allowed to come to the U.S. and join white-ness. Jews received reparations as well. Go figure, people that actually received reparations are doing great after their tragedies. Funny how that works. And even with all the wealth Jews were allowed to have, they still get caught running elaborate welfare scams.
The Jews were enslaved, oppressed and killed many times over. And "the Jews" did not receive reparations; Israel received some seed money from West Germany. Far less than was looted from Jews on and after Kristalnacht. Now who is "allowing..all the wealth" Jews have earned? And welfare scams? Besides the Chasids who?

Quote:
Yeah, because running from the police means death right? And it's too bad the only account of the Mike Brown incident is from the murderers side. That deadly jaywalking put his life in danger. Believe everything the police say, since they investigated themselves.
There were eyewitnesses. He lunged for the officer's gun.

Quote:
wrong. Black neighborhoods are over-policed. Over-police white neighborhoods and watch crime rates go up. Whites are more likely to do and be found with drugs, they just get arrested/convicted less. Hell, look at the videos of the cops planting those drugs in baltimore, just planted drugs to get that black dude in trouble. All the cops on the scene were going along with it. Innocence project has free'd many innocent black men from prison as well. But you wanna argue crime rates.
If you reduce policing in black areas, just watch what happens.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:21 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
And to be quite frank, the descendants are beneficiaries as citizens of the most prosperous country on Earth with unlimited opportunity, instead of living in some shack in the Congo
As I posted before, aside from the rulers blacks are treated better here than anywhere.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
1)the basis of this is that whites are overrepresented relative to their homicide rate...being killed by police and your race's homicide rate have nothing to do with each other.
Sure they do. Homicide is the worst crime and legitimately draws the most police attention.
Quote:
You can't just go kill people and use homicide rates as an excuse for the individual your dealing with.
No, you can't, obviously. And that isn't what's happening.
Quote:
Simple mathematics explain that blacks are disproportionately killed by police. And we can get into the disproportionate amount of traffic stops that involve blacks as well. If you want.
Blacks are disproportionately involved in violence, which legitimately draws a disproportionate amount of police attention to blacks, resulting in more fatal encounters. Pressure the police to pay less attention to blacks and, as we see in cities across America, the homicide rate goes up. The NFL protests, if successful in blocking police activity in black areas, will get many more people killed.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Sure they do. Homicide is the worst crime and legitimately draws the most police attention.

Blacks are disproportionately involved in violence, which legitimately draws a disproportionate amount of police attention to blacks, resulting in more fatal encounters. Pressure the police to pay less attention to blacks and, as we see in cities across America, the homicide rate goes up. The NFL protests, if successful in blocking police activity in black areas, will get many more people killed.
The goal isn't less black deaths, the goal is more black votes via drummed up outrage.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The goal isn't less black deaths, the goal is more black votes via drummed up outrage.
The goal is less police to let them do whatever they want

Be careful what you wish for

Old 10-06-2017, 09:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Bingo. Pay the man, Shirley.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:04 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Famous ex-rapist weighs in:

Kobe Bryant Said He Would Kneel During National Anthem If Still Playing

Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Blacks are not disproportionately targeted by police. The whole basis of the NFL protests is a misconception.

Slate: “Mass Shooters Aren
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities. Over time, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices have sown deep mistrust
between parts of the community and the police department, undermining law enforcement
legitimacy among African Americans in particular
https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download
Quote:
Today, we announce the outcome of the Department of Justice’s investigation of the
Baltimore City Police Department (BPD).1 After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at
the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is
reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the
Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of
stops, searches and arrests of African Americans;

Old 10-07-2017, 11:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Then do not reflexively jump behind the 1st Amendment shield.

No, it is relevant.

I asked earlier on why not burn the flag. The fact that Nate Boyer advised Kaepernick to kneel mean Boyer believe that kneeling is the better alternative. Kaepernick could have refused and burn an American flag during the national anthem. That would have been an outrage no owner could tolerate.

Since Kaepernick took Boyer's advice, that mean alternative ways to express his political commentary and still bring attention to the issue.

And if that is the case, they can use their mouths to speak on behalf of others on issues they may not share but does sympathize. So how about Oprah Winfrey uses her social prominence to invite Kaepernick to her show and let him vent ?
"Reflexively" do what? Again you lost me...

Seems your focus is to comment about what you or anyone else might deem appropriate. Mine is not. Perhaps best to leave it at that?

Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:

I am white, and I have white friends who -- like me -- have had encounters with police that involved behavior by police that I would not deem appropriate all considered. Of course police have their opinion about what they do and why, but one of my white friends who also experienced the same sort of, shall we say, "anomaly," went on to become an FBI agent...

In fact, in addition to having experienced that sort of "anomaly," I have more than a few friends who are law enforcement officers and/or from law enforcement families, and all I can say is that it's only a fool who doesn't realize how SOME police with the sort of power they have can and do act in ways they should not.

Knowing what we should all know about this, and how it feels for even someone like me who is white, I can hardly imagine what it feels like for blacks who are targeted by these same sort of police who can so easily abuse their power, in particular with those more marginalized in society.

I am all for the "good cops," and I know most are "good cops," but I am also even more for very serious scrutiny of bad cops and/or those times it appears they are abusing their power. Unfortunately, that is a bit more often than most of us like to believe is the case.

In part, I think that's what Kap and others have been trying to bring attention to and add pressure to better monitor and address more seriously than too often we have not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies