Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:11 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
This is the ONLY country on earth that we let a few over-paid divas athletes disrespect our flag and national anthem in public and glorify it .....any other athlete in another country would be done, outcast and fired!

From Mexico, Japan, China to Australia, any part of the globe.

Imagine if a Mexican boxer kneels down every time he fights in primetime the Mexican National Anthem and the Mexican flag because he has "issues" with the Mexican police, not only he would be done professionally, he would need the national guard for protection to get back to his country and pack his things.

I have Mexicans friends. They all told me if a Mexican athlete did that to their flag and National Anthem just once , they are done. Imagine every week.

This is how much slack we give blacks and how much white guilt we have in this country...........any other group in this country would never get away with it.
No one gave black people anything. Black people had to fight every inch of what they have in this country.

Yea that's how you feel...that blacks get "too much" and that they're undeserving of what they have. Have several seats.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
What sort of company allows you to make political statements on company time? If your run of the mill union asked a company to allow their workers to make political statements on company time the company would laugh them off.
A union company, but only for one side of the political spectrum. This just another example of how unions are tools for the left. They force their members to pay for political contributions to democrats, who then give them exemptions from their horrible policies.

Teachers constantly make political statements on company time and are fully backed by the administration and their union, as long as their comments are pro liberal.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Never dreamed that in my lifetime I would ever see someone like Donald Trump as President. Is he really fooling anyone with his latest antics? He is doing everything in his power to deflect from the Russian investigation because he knows where that is going. You have to blame the media for rising to the bait like Pavlov's dog.
Oh no ...the Russian investigation!!!!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No doubt Trump's outburst will spur more wealthy black men, whose sole skill to earn millions of dollars is to run around on a football field, to kneel in response. More fans will tune out in response to that. This anthem protest could be the death knell for the NFL.
There is no brake between Trump's rapidly deteriorating brain and his mouth. The NFL will suffer permanent damage as a result of our President's ridiculous comments. And believe me - he could not care less. Trump does not care about anything other than whipping up hate and division in the people he supposedly represents. It will take decades to recover from the damage that Trump is doing - if we ever recover.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No one gave black people anything. Black people had to fight every inch of what they have in this country.

Yea that's how you feel...that blacks get "too much" and that they're undeserving of what they have. Have several seats.
That wasn't the point.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:21 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
he just like to fight with everyone- now making division betweens sports world -- I do hope they stay together in solidarity- this guy destroying everything-- piece by piece

I don't like Trump, but even given that, when reading the bolded above, I can't help but hear the world's saddest song being played on the world's smallest violin in the background.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you made my point.....Mexico has more social and corruption problems than the United States but Mexicans will never forgive their athletes disrespecting the Mexican Flag and Mexican National Anthem in sporting events or anywhere in public to push the athlete's personal political agenda over "issues" with the Mexican police or the Mexican government.....even they know that's 2 completely different things.

I don't see that anywhere in the world except in the U.S.A with blacks.......we cut a lot of slack to blacks because of White guilt that we don't let any other group get away with that.

If Canelo Alvarez a famous Mexican boxer kneeled down last week for the Mexican National Anthem and Mexican flag in public because he has a beef with the Mexican police treatment of RED-HEADED WHITE Mexicans that look IRISH he would be booed off the ring and be a disgrace for the Mexican Nation, he would be outcast and probably had to look for another country to live.

I have Puerto Ricans friends and they tell me the same thing.....you don't disrespect our flag and National anthem in public or you are done as an athlete or celebrity.
No. You just have a problem with black people.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
That wasn't the point.
Yes. It's closer to the point.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:22 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've been wondering what Robert Kraft's reaction would be to Trump's remarks.

Kraft has stated in the past that he can count on one hand his friends who called him at least once a week for the first year after his beloved wife died, to make sure he was okay, and that Trump was one of those friends.

He also gave Trump a Super Bowl 51 ring.

A few minutes ago he released a statement....deeply disappointed by Trump's tone:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft, a Trump ally, 'deeply disappointed' by president's tone | NFL | Sporting News
All the owner statements are basically the same blurb, just rearranged a bit.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:23 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I don't like Trump, but even given that, when reading the bolded above, I can't help but hear the world's saddest song being played on the world's smallest violin in the background.
We had such nice things until Trump arrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies