Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:01 AM

26,192 posts, read 21,595,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why not?

Writing BLM is silent. The ink and the letters denigrate the cup, just as those kneeling denigrates the anthem. Both writing BLM and taking a knee are being used to promote the agenda of the SJW.

Or are you trying to pick apart an analogy for not being perfect, because analogies are not supposed to be a perfect fit.
Actually one act is done directly to you the cup/dollar when the other isn't. It's not that your analogy isn't perfect it's just a terrible comparison period

Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I didn't say I admired anyone so you fail in asking me about the KKK. They have the right to peaceful protest
And our military fights to maintain that?

Yes. They fight for that right, but that doesn't mean they endorse any of that speech, including the anthem protest, which has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why would the Texans be suited up and on the field at a game they weren't playing?

You must not know a single thing about football if you believe every team is at every game. That would be logistically impossible.
Or,
I misread Texans as Titans.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
And our military fights to maintain that?
Yes

Quote:
Yes. They fight for that right, but that doesn't mean they endorse any of that speech, including the anthem protest, which has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

You nor they have to agree with the speech. It's not speech but rather a peaceful protest which is also fundamentally good about our country

Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You can add the media to that, if the media would just STOP already there would be no attention and it would go away.

IMO the biggest contributor to racial divide in this country is the MEDIA, you know what ever makes the ratings soar.
If Trump hadn't opened his big mouth, it would have died away too. But noooooo. The Dotard had to speak up and call them SOB's, thus the displays got bigger and they will get even bigger. More and more people are coming out against Trump on this. Even Trump supporters are against him.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
A key plank of the conservative platform has always been that government should be small and it should stay out of the affairs of private business. With that in mind it is puzzling that Trump and his supporters are using the power of the federal government to interfere, harass and cajole a private sports league (the NFL) over their pre-game ceremonies. What player do or don't do is between them and their employers, right?

It strikes me as very hypocritical. The same goes for states rights: in a number of states both the voters and the free market have declared they want legal pot, but the federal government, especially Sessions, are refusing to condone it. So much for freedom!

Trump is using the power of the federal bully pulpit to harass and bully private business. And conservatives support that?

Conservatives say they cherish freedom and the free market -- but only in ways they agree with.
you really seem clueless as to what freedom of speech is, and where it fits into a civil society.

The people who bought tickets are customers, the game they attended was a product they purchased. The fans came to escape from their daily lives, to get away from politics, and the kind of crap these knee takers are inserting into the game. They did not spend money and drive all that way to be forced to watch a bunch of millionaire sportos acting out their social justice agenda.

These knee takers are abusing their position as players, exploiting their captive audience to force customers to watch their their SJW crap.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Yes

You nor they have to agree with the speech. It's not speech but rather a peaceful protest which is also fundamentally good about our country
And our military doesn't fight to protect an employee from repercussions from an employer when that employee is doing something on the clock that could hurt the employer, correct?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Do you realize those people died for others to have the freedom to protest the anthem?
I do understand that. I clearly stated I do not believe players should be fined or fired for their beliefs as they have every right to protest.. however, I believe there are better ways to protest than this.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
These knee takers are abusing their position as players, exploiting their captive audience to force customers to watch their their SJW crap.
Which you don't like

But, you're just fine with people being a captive audience for military and patriotic displays.

So, for you it really just boils down to
I like the thing I like
I don't like the thing I don't like

Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
And our military doesn't fight to protect an employee from repercussions from an employer when that employee is doing something on the clock that could hurt the employer, correct?
No our military doesn't fight for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies