Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,442,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Their protest and these findings do not exist in separate vacuums. It's not very difficult to link these protests/movements to these findings. You are welcome to continue to play dumb here...

But hey, feel free to send Kap an e-mail. I'm sure he'll get back to you.
Unless you took a knee yesterday I don't care what you say on why they did it.

They have billions of dollars, union reps, and endless amounts of airtime to give us one example or one solution or a link to a website.

Nothing.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:48 PM

32,205 posts, read 15,185,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
He has talked about it.

The military is there. FEMA is there. He is going at a time to be determined.

I'm pretty sure he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

So yes, your talking point, which was the universal headline on all media outlets fro
the Washington Post to the Huffington Post, is false.
LOL are you sure

Old 09-25-2017, 07:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,938,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unless you took a knee yesterday I don't care what you say on why they did it.

They have billions of dollars, union reps, and endless amounts of airtime to give us one example or one solution or a link to a website.

Nothing.
OK - well, we're done here then. Nice chatting as always.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:49 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Kneeling while the National Anthem is played is profoundly disrespectful and immature. If they want me to listen to what they have to say, then they need to act like adults rather than spoiled children. If they cannot come forth with a cohesive complaint delivered in a respectful manner, I'm not listening nor are many many others.
There is NOTHING disrespectful about kneeling. If you want to argue that sitting is, fine argue that but we kneel when we pray. If you go before a king you kneel.

Kneeling is a sign of respect saying "Here I am before you, I have something to say, please listen".

Old 09-25-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
OK - take it up with them. Maybe he'll reply on Twitter?

It's not hard to make the linkage to what they are saying and the various reports that have come out in the last few years demonstrating these things.
If it's that important to them they surely should know a few specifics or have a uniform front on why they take a knee.

The most interesting part of this is that we now have two groups of kneelers:

Pre-Trump speech kneelers and post-Trump speech kneelers.

Are they united? Are their goals the same? What are those goals? Why did it take Trump's speech to get the others to kneel if they are indeed united?

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
If it's that important to them they surely should know a few specifics or have a uniform front on why they take a knee.

The most interesting part of this is that we now have two groups of kneelers:

Pre-Trump speech kneelers and post-Trump speech kneelers.

Are they united? Are their goals the same? What are those goals? Why did it take Trump's speech to get the others to kneel if they are indeed united?

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.
It's true, in the last few days it has morphed a bit for some people. But this is something that has been going from before Trump.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
OK - well, we're done here then. Nice chatting as always.
You can chat and give me your opinion.

I'm just pointing out that all both of us would be doing would be speculating.

Just like in court when the prosecutor asks someone on the stand how another person felt about what they did...gets immediately objected to.

I'm not emailing Kap.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It's true, in the last few days it has morphed a bit for some people. But this is something that has been going from before Trump.
Aren't you curious as to the motivation behind why the second group decided the Trump speech was grounds to kneel?

Whether you support them or not it would be nice to know what is going on. And it's pretty outrageous a group with so much power can't tell us what they are doing in any semi-coherent way.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,110,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL are you sure
Yeah, I'm sure!

Millions, billions...whatever....he's got more money than I do. My name isn't on any buildings and I'm not POTUS. Credit given where credit is due.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Aren't you curious as to the motivation behind why the second group decided the Trump speech was grounds to kneel?

Whether you support them or not it would be nice to know what is going on. And it's pretty outrageous a group with so much power can't tell us what they are doing in any semi-coherent way.
The second, recent, group are definitely doing so in support of the first group (Kap + the few others that did the same thing?). And there is certainly an anti-Trump feel to it.

I'm not necesarilly claiming they have the same motivations. I was, earlier, really only talking about the protests started by Kap.

To your last point - I certainly am not claiming this is a well-run protest or movement. But I don't think it is that unclear why he started doing it. Absent a website or the checklist you want to see, I don't know if I have anything else to add here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies