Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody knows.

A unionized workforce with billions of dollars at its disposal has no website, no representative, no official unilateral stance on what their actions mean and what possible remedies they are seeking.

It's the equivalent of when I go to the beach in Santa Monica and I see a homeless guy flailing his arms about and rambling on and on about pickles or something like that.
You're not paying attention if you don't know this is, and has been, about police brutality/mistreatment.

I don't even follow, let alone support, the NFL - but even I know this.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody knows.

A unionized workforce with billions of dollars at its disposal has no website, no representative, no official unilateral stance on what their actions mean and what possible remedies they are seeking.

It's the equivalent of when I go to the beach in Santa Monica and I see a homeless guy flailing his arms about and rambling on and on about pickles or something like that.
Sounds racist to me, lololol.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:07 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
When in doubt, blame Obama!

Old 09-25-2017, 07:07 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm watching news report videos right now. There is no sign of FEMA or the military.

The governor is saying they need help right now.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2017 — The federal government's priority is continuing to provide lifesaving and life-sustaining resources to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in the wake of recent hurricanes in the Caribbean Sea, Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Rob Manning told reporters today.

"The [Federal Emergency Management Agency] and its federal partners are in the lead and the Department of Defense is in support," Manning said, noting that about 2,600 DoD personnel are in the Caribbean.

"We continue to conduct 24-hour operations, aggressively conducting search and rescue operations, bringing additional essential commodities to the islands and restoring power at critical facilities with generators and the fuel needed to power them," he said.

Amphibious Ready Group

Among DoD efforts is the USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group, which has conducted eight medical evacuations and 123 airlifts and delivered 22,200 pounds of relief supplies and cargo to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the spokesman said.

"Yesterday, they inserted Marine Corps and Navy teams in to Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico, to conduct route reconnaissance, clearance of main roads and clearance of the airfield and associated taxiways," he added.

The ships also have deployed a disaster response team to St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands to clean streets and distribute commodities, Manning said.

The USS Kearsarge Ambhibious Ready Group has inserted the Army’s 602nd Area Support Medical Company and a Civil Authority Information Support Element to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, he noted, in addition to transporting supplies between St. Croix and St. Thomas.

"The U.S. Navy worked with the U.S. Coast Guard to reopen the port of San Juan, and [it] is open to support daylight operations," the colonel said.

U.S. Transportation Command is moving additional personnel and equipment, including eight UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, to the San Juan International Airport in Puerto Rico to increase distribution capacity, he said.

More here:

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...-in-caribbean/

Old 09-25-2017, 07:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Sounds racist to me, lololol.
HA!

I think most homeless folks in SM are white if I had to guess.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:10 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The bold is one of the biggest snowflakes sentences I've ever read. How is kneeling making you shut down? And how does kneeling equate to delivering a message with hate?
Kneeling while the National Anthem is played is profoundly disrespectful and immature. If they want me to listen to what they have to say, then they need to act like adults rather than spoiled children. If they cannot come forth with a cohesive complaint delivered in a respectful manner, I'm not listening nor are many many others.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 PM

26,192 posts, read 21,595,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Boycott anyone that supports peaceful protest!

Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Again, they play in pink often to raise awareness for breast cancer on the field. They play with ribbons to raise awareness for autism on the field. They play with "play 60" patches to advocate for youth to be more active. The NFL and the players often use the public stage to advocate for those they feel need advocating for.

The ONLY difference here is that you are uncomfortable with and do not support THIS cause, which is to make aware the situation of police killing innocent black males and getting away with it in this country.

Why are you so against this cause and not the others they advocate for?
DUH .... Breast Cancer Awareness is an NFL Program that ALL teams participate in..
"This Cause" - is "I'm oppressed" and don't "have equal rights" BOO HOO

Say the multimillionaire Football players .... NOT sponsored by the NFL.
Their "cause" is the American Flag and National Anthem is THE PROBLEM.

Public disagrees and think it's Dis-Respectful. THAT is the "difference" as you well know..]
Life is about Choices ..... and Consequences.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:15 PM

210 posts, read 97,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
And oh yes, about your pictures in your original post. Anyone can play that game.
Trump always responds with Proper Etiquette to the flag. NOT.

Just like he always respects the troops....unless they're transgender, Muslim, using DACA, or John McCain.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Where did the disrespect for our Anthem begin?

It began with liberals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies