Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This is not protest. This is thug princesses using a privately owned venue where people pay really good money to watch a sport getting a message of black lives matter shoved in their faces by a bunch of collective fools completely oblivious to the reality that we pay their salaries.

Fans not attending, or burning their tickets? THAT'S PROTEST.
And the NFL still got paid by the season ticket holders that burnt their tickets. If you are a season ticket holder and really want to send your displeasure, ask for a pro-rated refund for the next five-seven games. Burning or reselling your ticket still has the money the tram and the NFL get off of the game going to them.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:51 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,144,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And the NFL still got paid by the season ticket holders that burnt their tickets. If you are a season ticket holder and really want to send your displeasure, ask for a pro-rated refund for the next five-seven games. Burning or reselling your ticket still has the money the tram and the NFL get off of the game going to them.
Good points all. I just don't think that we should confuse "protest" with any of the actions we've seen in the NFL or for that matter the jumping on police cars or burning down Ferguson or looting. It's all prohibited by rule or law and it's tolerated only bacuse people have been shamed into accepting it.

Not here man. Barking up the wrong goal post for anarchy.

Fire the players who violate the NFL rules. As they say no justice no peace.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:52 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,785,713 times
Would you go to church with your Boom Box playing loudly, while the preacher is speaking?

Would you go to your child's Parent-Teacher conference with a T-shirt on that said "%$%@ the Police!"

Would you go to your aging parents house, who are on a fixed income and eat everything in their refrigerator?

Would you keep standing on a crowded bus, not offering your seat, if a 9 months pregnant woman was standing there looking weary and exhausted?

All of these, most of us would not do the above. They are signs of respect for church, parents, strangers on a bus and teachers.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:07 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,636,203 times
To the authoritarians who are so beside themselves that people are exercising their right to peaceful protest: Where and when could they protest that would be acceptable to you?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Good points all. I just don't think that we should confuse "protest" with any of the actions we've seen in the NFL or for that matter the jumping on police cars or burning down Ferguson or looting. It's all prohibited by rule or law and it's tolerated only bacuse people have been shamed into accepting it.

Not here man. Barking up the wrong goal post for anarchy.

Fire the players who violate the NFL rules. As they say no justice no peace.
The issue is for the ticket holder protests is that the NFL still got their money. For not going to games, it a moot point for that and another reason. From going to and working football games, I can tell you fans attending games do arrive as late as the second quarter whether it is traffic or tailgating or waiting on other ticket holders or whatever. Further more some fans don't stay for the whole game whether you talk ejected fans or fans leaving due to medical issues or fans leaving to beat out the traffic home. The only problem would be single game ticket sales honestly unless season ticket holders decide to seek prorated refunds.

About the NFL protesters being fired there are two points in that:
  1. Firstly, there is no rule in the rule book, that mandates players to stand, nor put their hands over their hearts for the anthem. Instead it is in the game manual which states it as a "should", not a "must". The "should" has little weight for penalizing players. The NFLPA will have to and love to defend their players over this. As I said before, they have defended murders, drug users, cheaters, rapists, wife beaters and child abusers in the past.
  2. Secondly, the larger number of players kneeling was not due to disrespecting the flag, it was in defiance of Trump calling them "A bunch of sons of *******" on Twitter after his rally comment about firing the kneelers. The way I can tell you this is true, there were pockets of kneeled in the NFL with Lunches first pre-season game against the cardinals being the last time it was mentioned (and it wasn't even wide) until Trump opened his big damn mouth.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:51 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,364,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
To the authoritarians who are so beside themselves that people are exercising their right to peaceful protest: Where and when could they protest that would be acceptable to you?
Any time except during the National Anthem.

Is that so tough to figure out?

Old 10-01-2017, 09:15 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
Really, we can all take a knee during the National Anthem. Because we're all being oppressed by a federal government that has turned against the very people its sworn to serve and protect and both parties have been corrupted. So when someone takes a knee in protest, that's what they're doing, they're speaking out not against the country or just a specific grievance, but against the government that has failed all of us. So take a knee and send our politicians a message that they ALL are on notice that we won't be letting them kick us around anymore.
We're all the Tea Party.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:30 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,765,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am pro-life. I support the 2nd amendment. I believe in a balanced budget. What makes me from the left?
I am essentially the same, except that I am pro-choice...

Does this mean what distinguishes left from right is the abortion issue? If so, I think there are a lot of conservatives also pro-choice who are unlikely to agree.

Last edited by LearnMe; 10-01-2017 at 10:48 AM..

Old 10-01-2017, 09:39 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,144,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
outside the stadium

Old 10-01-2017, 09:42 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,050,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Because he respects our country and its flag. Would you feel the same way if you lost a child while protecting our country and allowing you to enjoy the freedom.
I'd probably be more pissed if I lost a child for oil or to stop an erroneous spread of communism in Southeast Asia. .. ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies