Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Bacon put in Muslim family's sandwiches at Decatur McDonald's, Alabama group says

Bacon put in Muslim family's sandwiches at Decatur McDonald's, Alabama group says | AL.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDo8wzN5yw

If one eats Halal food, why would they go to McDonald's and order chicken? Wouldn't fish have been the better choice if there were no Halal food available?
That's the wrong question to be asking and you know it.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Point is, Jews who keep kosher (like us) don't eat at places like that. Because they're not kosher.
That's irrelevant. Why is there bacon on a chicken sandwich if that's not what was ordered?

Have you all lost your minds or something?

Old 08-03-2017, 01:19 AM

983 posts, read 738,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's irrelevant. Why is there bacon on a chicken sandwich if that's not what was ordered?

Have you all lost your minds or something?
So what? When I order burgers I always say no tomatoes but even if I still get them I don't make a whiny ass ***** fit over it and simply take it off.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:20 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sounds like a money grab. I recall a lawsuit by a vegetarian years ago because he found meat in his veggie taco or something.
If it was one sandwich, it was an innocent mistake. It was on all of them from a very large order. Someone was being a jerk.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:34 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
That's the wrong question to be asking and you know it.
Yup.

The correct questions for the US is:

If one eats Halal food, why would they go to McDonald's at all? Why would they go to a place where there is a chance of it coming in contact with the grease from bacon where it is considered Haram (not allowed) for coming in contact with the grease?

CAIR was brought in too quickly and the video was edited too short that IMO this was fabricated.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:

Cross contamination on the preparation counter. Do you really think minimum wage workers are going to care about perfection when working in a "fast" food location?

Old 08-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Cross contamination on the preparation counter. Do you really think minimum wage workers are going to care about perfection when working in a "fast" food location?
There was a strip of Bacon on each sandwich, thats not a crumb from cross contamination

Old 08-03-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There was a strip of Bacon on each sandwich, thats not a crumb from cross contamination
Run the 5 second video a few times. There was one partial thin strip and rest were small bits.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Yup.

The correct questions for the US is:

If one eats Halal food, why would they go to McDonald's at all? Why would they go to a place where there is a chance of it coming in contact with the grease from bacon where it is considered Haram (not allowed) for coming in contact with the grease?

CAIR was brought in too quickly and the video was edited too short that IMO this was fabricated.
Most American Muslims are not super strict about halal. Reminds me of my Jewish boss that kept kosher, but just at the minimum. In other words, he picked off and threw away the pepperoni before he ate some pizza we had brought in.

This seems like people at the restaurant were just being mean. Perhaps the customer was rude. I worked in fast food when I was a kid. You don't even want to know what was in your food if you pissed us off.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Most American Muslims are not super strict about halal. Reminds me of my Jewish boss that kept kosher, but just at the minimum. In other words, he picked off and threw away the pepperoni before he ate some pizza we had brought in.

This seems like people at the restaurant were just being mean. Perhaps the customer was rude. I worked in fast food when I was a kid. You don't even want to know what was in your food if you pissed us off.
I'm guessing NLV is Las Vegas. In your region of the US, most Jews are Reform. I've seen Jews who pull off pork products of their pizza and in the same group saw Jews eating Cheese Burgers at conferences. I OTOH order vegetarian meals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies