Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What a win looks like right now,TODAY is getting China to say either in public or private that they will stay out of it no matter what happens as they KNOW N.K. is tossing matches at gasoline.

A win for tomorrow is China telling N.K. we're done having any economic dealings with you unless you cease all Nuclear ambitions and remove all weaponized material and Missiles.

Getting China to do that will most likely take some heavy financial sanctions or threats of them which might lead to a short trade war. Of course just getting the U.S. back to some kind of trade parity with China might/will cause the same trade war so there's that...
Too late.

From China: "“If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime, and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so,”

China’s government says it would remain neutral if North Korea attacks the United States, but warned it would defend its Asian neighbor if the U.S. strikes first and tries to overthrow Kim Jong Un’s regime, Chinese state media said Friday.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:38 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yes, I believe ultimately that ogre could cause the destruction of America. It looks like Putin might get what he wanted.
The US Empire was already in decline but I think this experiment has just sped up the process. The gap the US is leaving in world leadership is going to be filled by another country if something isn't changed soon. Luckily the economy where I live is thriving despite the Federal government. I think, right now, we are on our own. Luckily, things are great - unless, of course, orange puff destroys the world!!!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We're at the brink of WWIII hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

Speaking of ignorance....
Let me know when you pull your head out of the sand or wherever it is you keep it in the dark. Until then maybe you should address your finding this situation as laughable.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM

46,299 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let me know when you pull your head out of the sand or wherever it is you keep it in the dark. Until then maybe you should address your finding this situation as laughable.
Maybe if you'd stop fear mongering and listening to CNN, maybe even know a little about the overall situation, that may help...

But sitting here talking about mushroom clouds over the United States because of trump, that's just pure stupidity....thanks for playing, you've failed...

Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
well if nothing else, there is now a great many more Americans (and one current President) who may now have a clue about where North Korea is located

Old 08-11-2017, 08:45 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
China just announced they would get involved if US hits NK first. They would take NK side.

Time to muzzle Trump, and get the adults involved to sort out this mess. I hope Trump admin would resign if he gives the order. That would be the only way to prevent a nuclear holocaust.
Of course they would.

Conversely, I think China has told Kim exactly how far he can go.

I think that Trump and Kim are doing the same thing - posturing at each other in public, and trying to provoke a new rush of enthusiasm for their glorious selves from their respective supporters.

In the end, they will find a way to each declare that they faced the other one down.

When we get reports of of evacuations and ship/troop movements in the area, then I'll take the threats seriously.

Remember that we're seeng maybe a tenth of what is really going on here.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You do realize we are not in a "shooting conflict" with N.K. (yet) right? Unless one is so hyper-partisan they are totally blind they'd have to see that the actions past presidents have taken have led us directly to where we are now.
N.K. has had leaders for many years that are (to be generous) on the edge of sanity and we've known for at least 2 decades were doing everything they could to gain Nuclear capability and ICBM capabilities. Every freaking president kept doing the same damn thing that DIDN'T work for the guy before and kept expecting a different outcome.
At what point to do say "ENOUGH", this loony regime cannot be allowed to have weapons of mass destruction no matter what the cost as the danger to the world is just too great?

What a win looks like right now,TODAY is getting China to say either in public or private that they will stay out of it no matter what happens as they KNOW N.K. is tossing matches at gasoline.

A win for tomorrow is China telling N.K. we're done having any economic dealings with you unless you cease all Nuclear ambitions and remove all weaponized material and Missiles.

Getting China to do that will most likely take some heavy financial sanctions or threats of them which might lead to a short trade war. Of course just getting the U.S. back to some kind of trade parity with China might/will cause the same trade war so there's that...
Ummmm, you do know that we are still in a state of war with NK, or did you not know that.

Too late, China has already made their stand public on the matter, they did support the sanctions but they also stated that if We attack first they Will not stand by and do nothing. We are playing with the lives of Millions here, not a game to be taken lightly and with China in the mix along with Nukes all around those Millions at risk includes American, All Americans.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:46 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,756,335 times
Quote:
Yes because past presidents from Clinton all the way up to your hero Obama have done so well right?
Given that China has now said "if NK strikes first we'll sit on the sidelines but if the U.S. strikes first we'll side with N.K." I think it's time to ramp up pressure on China to new levels.

Time to make China realize they can't live without us but they certainly can without N.K. and that it's in their best financial interest to do what they can to bring N.K. back to reality.
It is in their best security interest to have a buffer nation between their border and the US troops in South Korea. Just like every other country in the world, their security concerns override their economic ones, even if they are highly intertwined.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Of course they would.

Conversely, I think China has told Kim exactly how far he can go.

I think that Trump and Kim are doing the same thing - posturing at each other in public, and trying to provoke a new rush of enthusiasm for their glorious selves from their respective supporters.

In the end, they will find a way to each declare that they faced the other one down.

When we get reports of of evacuations and ship/troop movements in the area, then I'll take the threats seriously.

If Only That were true. This is a dangerous game and one mistake by anyone could change the world in some horrible ways.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Two kids in a spitting contest.

Yes, in the end both will declare victory.

It's embarrassing to see US president at the same level as the Korean boy. We are better than this.

They both do it for the same reason, to appear tough in the eyes of their people, and the whole world. Unfortunately the world has always considered Kim an idiot, so when Trump dances to his music, he looks the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies