Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 11:18 AM

9,016 posts, read 13,862,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
So your solution is to do nothing? Illegal immigration is but one problem of an open border. The other perhaps more serious one is the drugs flowing over the border. Heroine and Meth being perhaps the biggest issues. Yes the can be made here also but its coming from Mexico because the narcos have free reign and have the government bought and paid for. Its not that easy here.

And I do get the rest of the story. I have had hispanic inlaws most of my life, I understand the issues with overstaying visas, etc. Nothing is 100% perfect. But I have less of an issue with someone overstaying a visa because they have been vetted. You don't get a visa if you have warrants in the US, or have been deported, etc. If someone cannot qualify for a visa because of issues with their background too bad. Life is not fair and we don't need them up here.

And I did address how to keep people from staying illegally. 10 years in prison. Someone overstays their visa which I believe is good for 6 months and they get caught the go to prison for 10 years. They can easily extend the visa so there would be no reason to let that happen. When people know the penalties and they are law abiding people they will take a chance.
SO? Nobody is forcing white Americans to take them.

Blame everyone but themselves...there goes personal responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 AM

9,016 posts, read 13,862,812 times
Since the OP mentioned a LTC facility,I do have to say those places pay VERY low for unskilled labor such as CNA's.

The pay is low across the board.

I really do believe CNA's are grossly underpaid.

They deserve $20/hr,not the burger flippers.

Cnas have to be state certified and have training.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Only white people do drugs....got it.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:

Wow, so only white Americans are addicted to illegal drugs?

Regardless of personal responsibility these drugs are ILLEGAL. We need to stop the flow of illegal drugs across the border and within the border and the violence associated with the illegal drug business as well as stop the flow of prescription drugs. Saying no one is forcing people to take drugs is not going to elevate the problem.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:57 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wow, so only white Americans are addicted to illegal drugs?

Regardless of personal responsibility these drugs are ILLEGAL. We need to stop the flow of illegal drugs across the border and within the border and the violence associated with the illegal drug business as well as stop the flow of prescription drugs. Saying no one is forcing people to take drugs is not going to elevate the problem.
I had to re-read the last few comments again, because I thought jerseygal was referring to how no one is forcing Americans to take illegal aliens to do work, also a good example of how we don't take personal responsibility AKA hypocritical.

Works either way or good question in any case; which is the real problem, those providing the labor and/or drugs or those paying for them?

Old 08-29-2017, 12:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,507,432 times
Sounds like a good idea to get girls in highschool taking CNA courses through vocational programs or college CNA courses, to get a earn and learn internship...

Don't see a major issue here...

Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,507,432 times
Quote:
Since the OP mentioned a LTC facility,I do have to say those places pay VERY low for unskilled labor such as CNA's.

My sister was making 17.50 an hour during her Jr year of highschool doing summer earn and learn through Questar in NY... idk... 17.50 at 16 is good money whether it's making beds, moving patients, giving baths, etc... She worked in a retirement and rehabilitation facility and got the crap kicked out of her by a patient with huntington's disease once.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:17 PM

122 posts, read 65,139 times
How dare companies pay an American a livable wage for services!! We need immigrants for their cheap labor!!

Old 08-29-2017, 12:32 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
Quote:

If this thread were about what pay people "deserve," it would probably never end...

Ask anyone and the great majority will point out how they are not being paid what they "deserve," but given the reason(s) earnings for so many people are close to poverty level, lots of people are unsatisfied with the quality of their life. That dissatisfaction has lots of people looking for who/what to blame well before they will blame themselves; government, taxes, liberals, the media, professors..., but wait! There's illegal immigrants!

Something like blaming a low tire for why a car doesn't run...

Old 08-29-2017, 12:36 PM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I had to re-read the last few comments again, because I thought jerseygal was referring to how no one is forcing Americans to take illegal aliens to do work, also a good example of how we don't take personal responsibility AKA hypocritical.

Works either way or good question in any case; which is the real problem, those providing the labor and/or drugs or those paying for them?
Goes back to greed. Employers wanting to rake in more $$ by paying illegals lower wages and even replacing American workers with visa holders to save money. Part of the problem. No one is absolving the employers contribution to this problem. And that does not absolve those working illegally either. Part of trumps immigration policy is national mandatory e-verify which will make it more difficult for employers to hire illegal workers.
I wouldn't say hypocritical because it is for the most part those who are pro-illegal that hire illegal workers not those who want to stop illegal immigration. There is not a problem with legal visa holders as long as they are not displacing citizens workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies