Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 01:59 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I'm not sure if I get VICE channel on my cable or not, but just saw a clip of a show they just did on the Friday night protest with the tiki torches. It's really horrible -- maybe 200 chanting very menacing "Jews will not replace us, blood and soil"

This was not about removing a statue

What is it with Jew hatred???
How are their lives being affected by Jews??
Where is all this hatred coming from -- I hope the show interviews some of them to get a sense
of how people end up like this.....
I think they believe Jews control the very powerful media which supports globalism and mass immigration among other things they strongly oppose.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The left doesn't have to resort to faked images. The real ones are repulsive enough.

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/897566928314781700
Oh puhleeeze, at least be HONEST (if possible). fakery is not the domain of only one side or the other...

Old 08-16-2017, 02:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So you are aligned with Anti-faaa and agree with their tactics,opinions and actions right?
Why?

The world isn't black and white. It's not you're either with us or against us.

SOME of the antifa believe that the violence of the alt-right has to be met with violence. That's SOME.

And if you are a white supremacist, or a white nationalist, or someone who believes that the government has an obligation to protect "white" culture and "white" values, then you need to understand that your beliefs are inherently violent. The belief in superiority means that everyone who doesn't have that "superior" quality is inferior, and that belief leads to a worldview and actions that are inherently violent as they do harm to everyone who doesn't have that "superior" quality. Bigotry is violent by virtue of its very existence. Any ideologies that are founded on bigotry must be challenged, must be debunked.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
CNN just asked why the Trump administration didn't have a rep at this funeral.
Why should they? First off, no matter what they do will be criticized.

Secondly, someone from the administration could've called the family and decided it would create too much trouble from the "grieving" tourists who didn't know her but would sure turn the event into a circus. Y'all KNOW that's what would happen, at least be honest about that.

Third, should any administration send a rep to every such event? If so, did Obama have someone permanently posted in Chiraq to attend all the horrific funerals?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
I have a question for everyone...a question for EVERYONE:

Is CNN (and the MSM in general) helping anything or anyone by their doomsday "Trump is Hitler", "Trump is the Antichrist", "This is new territory", "Trump is a Neo-Nazi" unending hyperbolic rhetoric?

I mean I've had CNN on now whilst I do chores before work in the background for a while, and it's downright maddening and infuriating how ballistic these people are - I feel like the collective "left" are losing their minds and I don't think ANYONE is being helped in any of this insane doomsday rhetoric.

Seriously, am I the only one here who sees this stuff the MSM is carrying on with as very disturbing?

I have to turn this stuff off lest I lose my mind...

Old 08-16-2017, 02:14 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
Turn the TV off and read a book. Remember that the three big cable companies - CNN, MSNBC and Fox have pundits on for most of the day with everybody's opinions. I watch the PBS News Hour at 6 for a coherent recap of the day's news without opinion and with very straight-forward interviews.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Turn the TV off and read a book. Remember that the three big cable companies - CNN, MSNBC and Fox have pundits on for most of the day with everybody's opinions. I watch the PBS News Hour at 6 for a coherent recap of the day's news without opinion and with very straight-forward interviews.
My friend, they are doing nothing but turning the masses in to psychotic lunatics with their inflated falsehoods and lies. The country is being ripped apart - localities are removing statues over night in Baltimore...? The left is in a collective meltdown..

Old 08-16-2017, 02:19 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I'm not sure if I get VICE channel on my cable or not, but just saw a clip of a show they just did on the Friday night protest with the tiki torches. It's really horrible -- maybe 200 chanting very menacing "Jews will not replace us, blood and soil"

This was not about removing a statue

What is it with Jew hatred???
How are their lives being affected by Jews??
Where is all this hatred coming from -- I hope the show interviews some of them to get a sense
of how people end up like this.....
I suspect it is equating Jews with controlling Wall Street, Big banks, and Hollywood. You might ask as well, how are peoples lives affected by homosexuals? Why so much hatred, vitriol, discrimination, violence towards them? The state of Virginia allows discrimination against homosexuals in housing, employment, and credit, probably does not allow any teachings in schools that provide inclusiveness, positive role models, and understanding of those who through no fault of their own are homosexual. I would challenge the governor of Virginia, and the mayor of Charlottesville to put their money where their mouth is, and denounce discrimination against gays as well along with their rant against hate of other minority groups. Hate and fear are often motivated due to lack of education, and parents who instill these ignorant thoughts to their children.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-16-2017 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-16-2017, 02:19 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Here's how the world is beginning to look at the USA in the era of Trump:

Charlottesville violence: America - diminished and dismissed - BBC News

German Chancellor Candidate Schulz: Trump 'Far Worse' Than Expected - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
People are starting to pay attention and I suspect this is exactly what the early days of Nazi Germany looked like.
You and others making these comparisons have NO freaking idea, all you have is talking points the echo chamber is feeding you. Original thoughts? Nawwwwww not freakin' hardly.

What really cracks me up about all you screamers is NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU has condemned the violence from BLM/Anti-Faaaa. Y'all act like they were just defenseless,unarmed meek and mild innocents standing there minding their own business and were attacked by several hundred people armed with automatic weapons,nerve agents,riot shields and full body armor and in their VALOR and with superhuman strength they managed to single handedly fight off the violent hoard with their bare hands.

All I can do at this point is shake my head and laugh at all those with political/social blinders on who think there's only one side of this violence, get out my popcorn popper and get ready to watch the shows that are going to certainly follow.

Now that BLM/Anti-Faaaa have "mainstream news" approval and the tacit approval of the Democrat Party as well as some of the Republican Party (like Johnny McCain) for their violent actions I expect more shows like last weekend to follow.

You will now see the tearing down of anything "they" feel is offensive and will beat the hell out of anyone who dares say different, or at least call them Nazis or Klan members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies