Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 08:27 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nothing in that article supports your false claim.

Not another linked article that does not support the claim .

Tell me it isn't so.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
David Duke, ditto.
You all keep quoting these fringe people. They don't speak for anyone but themselves. Is Trump responsible for what they say?

It's truly a shame that these groups have gotten so much publicity. They love the publicity, the recognition, their time in the limelight. Their thinking is skewed and, as all neurotics, they love attention.

NAMING them is exactly what they like. It should have been obvious that "all extreme hate groups" includes them, but...no...the liberal media wouldn't leave it alone.

Now these people are basking in the limelight.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There were a few women marching with Klansmen on Friday night, but you make a good point.

Where were the women in this UniteRight rally?
Well, if they're minding their menfolks, they're back home, barefoot and pregnant.

"Kinder, Kuche, Kirche."

Ugh.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Does anyone have an official platform/pamphlet promoting the rally?

That's how you find out what would motivate folks to show up.
https://www.google.com/search?q=unit...w=1186&bih=610

Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't think they were going for balance.
"Balance"? They should have gone for "Balance"?

Who else should they have gotten for this "balance"? How about David Duke? Or someone from the Daily Stormer?

Yup, those poor, misunderstood racists. They just don't get a fair shake from the media.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As I said, the DA can certainly upgrade the charge. It is frequently done. Also frequent, of course, is downgrading charges.

Here is the definition of such according to the Commonwealth of Virginia's criminal statute:

"§ 18.2-32. First and second degree murder defined; punishment.

Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.

All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than forty years."

It is brief. Here is a link to the definition of 'Capital Murder', for it is too long to cut and paste:

§ 18.2-31. Capital murder defined; punishment

I will add, that the presiding judge denied this young man bond. It would appear that the DA argued that this young man was a flight risk. If the DA 'saw' the evidence you claim, and believed that the young man was simply fleeing from an attack from the rear, I doubt he would have considered the young man a flight risk.
As I understand it, 2nd degree murder charges means no evidence of premeditation.

I suspect this is accurate.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What a sad state the US is presently in when the large numbers of people defend the KKK, white supremacists, and neo-Nazis. Donald Trump and his followers are taking the country to the lowest depths of humanity.
No, What you just posted is what is sad. Nobody is defending them. On the other hand, YOU are defending the violence coming from the Left. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I get we are America. This isn't the America I want to live in that preaches hatred from either side and so divided. I never did. Don't get me started on Sharpton.
It was about removing a statue.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Unfortunately, David Duke DOES speak for far more people than himself, given his leadership in the KKK and long history. He seems to come and go like a gum boil - unfortunately, he's currently back in the news, praising Trump's "support" for himself and his ilk.

You might even say he's "back in the limelight".

Ugh.
I'm glad they are in the spotlight.

They are so repulsive, even Republicans are starting to speak up.

Will wonders never cease?

Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Well, if they're minding their menfolks, they're back home, barefoot and pregnant.

"Kinder, Kuche, Kirche."

Ugh.
That is a little over stating it but more traditional men might not want to see their wives, girlfriends, daughters being attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies