Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Besides rescuing us from a Great Recession that he inherited. At least the Republicans could do something to help people instead of just whining and being petulant. Oh, and being mean, dividing the country like they did yesterday by condoning the KKK, hurting Americans in so many ways.
Who condoned the KKK? Do you have some link to something to justify such an absurd statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I prefer not to be "poorly educated."

That silly propaganda piece is by a RWNJ for other RWNJs. Please feel free to post its most solid points.

No doubt you feel educated after seeing it.

Why don't you listen to it. Then, after having listened to it, you may feel free to comment/criticize it.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:53 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
I know some people who were raised by communists. Very decent, educated and good people.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
An interview with David Horowitz. He describes his background and the sixties Leftists; compares them to today's Leftists and "social justice warriors." Today's Left dominates the political landscape in the U.S. (unlike the sixties Leftists). They believe they can create a "heaven on earth." Obviously, Donald Trump represents the opposition to this Utopian dream. He is dismantling to a large extent the "progress" that they believe they had achieved, especially under Barack Obama, who, having been raised by communists, believes as they do, and had facilitated the progress they had made (the term "Progressive" was not chosen by chance, but they truly believe that their philosophy represents human progress, and that the "old ways" represent going backward).

Listen, this is very instructive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrICAt1sVnE
I rarely comment on posts without reading the article or watching the video, but in this case, I don't have to.

I dislike Trump because he is a hateful, petty man who treats people, even those who have helped him, badly. He has ushered in a new low, in terms of civil discourse in this country, resorting to name-calling and chants of silly catch-phrases and condemning simple good manners as absurd examples of "political correctness."

I did not agree with either of the Bushes, but I did not fear them, I did not hate them. I thought many of their policies were misguided, but I never felt that they would treat me poorly or revile me for disagreeing with them. I feel that with Trump, very strongly. As far as dismantling what Obama has done, it's pretty normal for each party to pursue its own agenda. The thing is, with Trump, it seems very personal, like a vendetta against the man himself. He seems to want to not only defeat, but destroy, anyone who opposes him, even members of his own party.

I might even have agreed with some of Trump's positions on things like trade, had he not presented himself so horribly that my gut churns every time I hear him speak.

I am a liberal. I supported Bernie Sanders in the primary. I supported Hillary Clinton in the general. I would have been sorry to see either of them lose. But I would not feel as I do about ANY of the other Republicans who had run, except perhaps for Cruz, who I believe is a religious fanatic, or Huckabee, who is a less polished (but probably kinder) religious fanatic. Had any of the others won, I would have felt disappointment, perhaps deep disappointment, but not terror and revulsion.

Sometimes it really is about character. And before you start in about the Clintons, who I know are no angels, let's give Mr. Trump and his family a couple decades of intense scrutiny and see what floats to the surface.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
This guy is typical of a "paid shills" that populate our government, think tanks and - frankly - the alt-right. Billionaires pay their salaries in one way or another and they have found a grand position for themselves spouting nonsense about how "leftist" they were until they saw the light.

BS. Humans have always "sold out"...the vast majority of them can be purchased for a very low price. This guy is the perfect example.

If we paid him a million a year, he would spread young earth theory, mankind coming from aliens or any other doctrine you tell him to.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:59 AM

29,834 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Besides rescuing us from a Great Recession that he inherited. At least the Republicans could do something to help people instead of just whining and being petulant. Oh, and being mean, dividing the country like they did yesterday by condoning the KKK, hurting Americans in so many ways.
Rewarding failure is not an accomplishment. Rewarding the bankers and turning a blind eye to the cause of the real estate crisis is not an accomplishment. Iceland locked some of their bankers in jail for hurting the people. We rewarded our bankers, made sure they got their bonuses, and in many cases, those bankers got even better, higher paying jobs. Wallstreet also enriched themselves, while mainstreet America languished. Lessons should have been learned, but they weren't.

Democrats tried to help people by forcing banks to give mortgages to people who simply should not have gotten them. In the end, many of those people ended up getting hurt financially. Helping people is one thing, but setting people up for failure is bad for everyone, particularly when others will be on the hook for bailing them out.

The KKK is nearly dead an America. They have virtually no support, and are not worth even mentioning.

As a millennial, I think Obama warped the minds of some in my generation and damaged their work ethic, but that's a matter of opinion. He certainly didn't have many good things to say about businesses, which give these folks a job and a paycheck.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
No, the reason trump isn't liked is because Trump is just plain wrong for this country he lacks experience, tack, the ability to finish a complete thought or even have one. No clue how to run a country the inability to act like an adult at any given time. Time and time again all the sexist pig, racist remarks he has made.

This is why people don't like Trump and the fact people like yourself refuse admit this is also part of the problem.
Blah, blah, blah! Only a "progressive" is "right" for this country (that's what you meant).

How can you say Trump, a successful businessman, lacks experience? Where does the Constitution say that only those "experienced in politics" are qualified to be president? It doesn't.

I might suggest you read the Constitution to see what it says about qualifications for president.

Actually, he's been doing quite well at running the country so far.

You make all the same tired comments from the list of Democrat talking points that are all nonsensical ("doesn't act like an adult," "sexist pig" "can't finish a complete thought").

Do you have anything of actual substance?

Can you comment on the subject of this thread instead of just bashing Trump. It seems that's all you people are able to do. You are incapable of rational thought, apparently.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I rarely comment on posts without reading the article or watching the video, but in this case, I don't have to.

I dislike Trump because he is a hateful, petty man who treats people, even those who have helped him, badly. He has ushered in a new low, in terms of civil discourse in this country, resorting to name-calling and chants of silly catch-phrases and condemning simple good manners as absurd examples of "political correctness."

I did not agree with either of the Bushes, but I did not fear them, I did not hate them. I thought many of their policies were misguided, but I never felt that they would treat me poorly or revile me for disagreeing with them. I feel that with Trump, very strongly. As far as dismantling what Obama has done, it's pretty normal for each party to pursue its own agenda. The thing is, with Trump, it seems very personal, like a vendetta against the man himself. He seems to want to not only defeat, but destroy, anyone who opposes him, even members of his own party.

I might even have agreed with some of Trump's positions on things like trade, had he not presented himself so horribly that my gut churns every time I hear him speak.

I am a liberal. I supported Bernie Sanders in the primary. I supported Hillary Clinton in the general. I would have been sorry to see either of them lose. But I would not feel as I do about ANY of the other Republicans who had run, except perhaps for Cruz, who I believe is a religious fanatic, or Huckabee, who is a less polished (but probably kinder) religious fanatic. Had any of the others won, I would have felt disappointment, perhaps deep disappointment, but not terror and revulsion.

Sometimes it really is about character. And before you start in about the Clintons, who I know are no angels, let's give Mr. Trump and his family a couple decades of intense scrutiny and see what floats to the surface.
But you ended up supporting her anyway. We have to stop supporting the lesser evil and demand we get representation that we don't have to defend by saying........"yes, I know they are bad but.........."

Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I know some people who were raised by communists. Very decent, educated and good people.
As is David Horowitz. He says in this video that the difference between himself and Barack Obama is that Barack Obama never left the communist Left.

I don't consider communists "decent people." As Mr. Horowitz says, they are willing to lie and commit crimes to achieve their goals. No lie is too great. Look at Barack Obama's lies, of which there are many.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But you ended up supporting her anyway. We have to stop supporting the lesser evil and demand we get representation that we don't have to defend by saying........"yes, I know they are bad but.........."
I don't like the idea of supporting the lesser evil, either, but sometimes there is too much at stake to do otherwise. The time to work for a third option is before the general election, so they are viable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies