Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 PM

1,640 posts, read 797,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As the bolded says, "speak out, speak out, speak out". If I have said anything here, it is that we all have a constitutional right to speak out. The more, the better! That is how we should be settling our differences. That is how we stand up for people's rights.
That is not how I understand that poem and poems aren't usually meant to be taken so literally. So, I'm surprised at your interpretation. Speaking out is more than blindly following any rule of law or blindly following anything. Speaking out is allegorical and how it's done will depend on your available tools and the situation. I find your line of thinking here to be shortsighted. To reiterate what I said earlier, I do understand that you value the constitution, and I respect that, but given it's illusory nature for millions of Americans it feels a bit hallow for me.

Quote:
My argument is that violence should only be used as a defense. Whoever initiates the violence is in the wrong.

Your argument is that it is sometimes right to use physical violence with someone who was not physically violent with you first.

I disagree.
For me it always depends. Everything always depends. To be clear, I'm not on the side of loosey goosey preemptive violent strike, whether it's between individuals, groups, or nations. I'm a proponent of solid data and reasoning. I don't support satiating type first strike, as some of these protestors appear to be engaged in (thrill seeking types). But, I do understand emotionally driven, fight or flight, now or never, first strike, which is no easy thing. We might not always get it right in those situations, but it's understandable why people, who otherwise do not engage in physical altercation, end up there. An armed militia spewing hate is a situation I can grok that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 07:59 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,284,544 times
Look at this raving lunatic. I was a little worried he might stroke out.

At 3:19: 29% of Americans are NAZIs

(and we have to stab them)

Also says the conversation is over, you do not talk to NAZIs (you kill them), and the civil war is coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs

Last edited by Nepenthe; 08-20-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are literally unhinged and need help.

#1 You keep moving the goal posts, probably because you realize you were wrong.

#2 Why are you using terms like "you might do the killing" - I've never killed anyone. Nor do I condone the killing.
I'm talking to you the white nationalists. You the people who went to VA and killed that woman. You the people who intended to do the same in Boston until you were stopped. i don't see how you can call me unhinged when I am simply drawing on the facts of the alt right and what they are doing. They are the WN militia, the Breitbart, the anti-Jew, anti-minority etc. What you are doing since you are a supporter and defender of their rights to conduct themselves as they have.

Quote:
#3 You are either extremely dishonest, extremely unintelligent, or unhinged where you can't think straight, because you jump all over the place, change the goal posts, and are denying basic undisputable facts like the FACT that millions upon millions of Republican voters live in BLUE states and BLUE cities.

2016 Election Center ? Results, Polls, Calendar
I find it odd that you people are always charging a lack of intelligence when NONE of you are particularity educated or intellectually successful in your day-to-day, so I do not know how you can assess my or anyone's intelligence.

While millions of republicans live in blue cities they are not the ones organizing and speaking at these rallies. I would much rather hear from them to be honest. I still do not understand why the likes of midwestern WNs want to come to Boston of all places to scream about Jews and anti-feminism.

Quote:
I support free speech as outlined under current US law. That is why I oppose antifa's violence.

#4 This thread is about antifa. Anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with via the justice system - whether they are brown shirt antifa or brown shirt Neo-Nazis. When they break the law, they should be dealt with.
People break the law everyday and are not held accountable due to race and class. People who do not break the law have their rights thrown out the window due to race and class. So, it's hard for me to buy this snake oil you're selling.

And let's be honest. You take far less issue with alt-right violence, which is a good indicator of where you stand. How many posts can we find on city-data of you hand-ringing over that poor woman killed last weekend by the alt-right?

Quote:
Both the brown shirt antifa and the brown shirt Neo-Nazis seek to steal rights from others.

You keep dodging the fact that I am pointing out that the antifa has shutdown free speech of people who aren't KKK/Nazi members, who were peaceful, with violence.
None of this really addresses why antifa exists, which still looks like a response to tyranny to me, and why blind obedience should dismiss what's right.

I know the difference between right and wrong. I don't need a god, a law, or a constitution to decipher it for me.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:25 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,461,232 times
There are at least two people posting in this thread who are totally unhinged, angry, violent and hateful ... The types who society should be more concerned with than Nazis, BLM or antifa.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I'm talking to you the white nationalists. You the people who went to VA and killed that woman. You the people who intended to do the same in Boston until you were stopped. i don't see how you can call me unhinged when I am simply drawing on the facts of the alt right and what they are doing. They are the WN militia, the Breitbart, the anti-Jew, anti-minority etc. What you are doing since you are a supporter and defender of their rights to conduct themselves as they have.

I find it odd that you people are always charging a lack of intelligence when NONE of you are particularity educated or intellectually successful in your day-to-day, so I do not know how you can assess my or anyone's intelligence.

While millions of republicans live in blue cities they are not the ones organizing and speaking at these rallies. I would much rather hear from them to be honest. I still do not understand why the likes of midwestern WNs want to come to Boston of all places to scream about Jews and anti-feminism.

People break the law everyday and are not held accountable due to race and class. People who do not break the law have their rights thrown out the window due to race and class. So, it's hard for me to buy this snake oil you're selling.

And let's be honest. You take far less issue with alt-right violence, which is a good indicator of where you stand. How many posts can we find on city-data of you hand-ringing over that poor woman killed last weekend by the alt-right?

None of this really addresses why antifa exists, which still looks like a response to tyranny to me, and why blind obedience should dismiss what's right.

I know the difference between right and wrong. I don't need a god, a law, or a constitution to decipher it for me.
Why are liberals allowed to constantly call others racist and un-intelligent?

Old 08-21-2017, 04:19 AM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post

You honestly need help.

You keep making up comments about me without a clue.

A person with an IQ of 85 and above should be able to see that one can criticize the antifa without being a white nationalist, unless they have severe mental issues or are just being dishonest. Noam Chomskey agrees with me, the antifa shutdown legitimate free speech and discussions with violence and threats of violence.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no...rticle/2631786

Is Noam Chomsky a white nationalist?

The antifa and neo-nazis are different sides of the same coin. They both have and seek to steal the constitutional rights of peaceful people.

Between the two of us, I am the only one supporting everyone's safety to use their 1st Amendment rights.

You have more in common with fascists than I do. You condone violence against peaceful people using their 1st Amendment rights, by continually dodging and ignoring the brown shirt actions of the antifa.

Ann Coulter bashes Trump failure to condemn AntiFa ‘that shut down my speech in Berkeley’

Why is it okay to use violence and threats of more violence to steal Anne Coulter's 1st Amendment Rights and the Conservatives on Campus who invited her rights to have their own functions? You are the new brown shirts.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:56 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,461,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Don't forget 'uneducated.'

Old 08-21-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Show me where I am calling any of you unintelligent. I have been called stupid by a number of right's on this forum. And you really want to know why WNs are called racist? Give me a break.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You honestly need help.

You keep making up comments about me without a clue.

A person with an IQ of 85 and above should be able to see that one can criticize the antifa without being a white nationalist, unless they have severe mental issues or are just being dishonest. Noam Chomskey agrees with me, the antifa shutdown legitimate free speech and discussions with violence and threats of violence.
The creator of this thread is criticizing antifa. Who is charging him with being WN? Nobody. Given this you are either lying or not as intelligent as you think you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Don't forget 'uneducated.'
People either are or they aren't. It's not an opinion someone can have.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,687,580 times
There is a petition to have ANTIFA labeled a terrorist group.

Antifa: Anti-Fascist Counterprotesters Attract Attention | Time.com

https://www.change.org/p/president-o...t-organization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies