Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,988,477 times

Advertisements

I used to watch it fairly regularly. It was my main go to news network. But they have gone so far from being a legitimate news network and are now more of a special interest infotainment network in the same way as Fox News.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was about a year or so ago there was a large disaster in another part of the world (earthquake in Italy, maybe) and I turned on CNN to get more information and all they were talking about was Trump said this. Trump tweeted that. Trump. Trump. Trump. It seems as if all they ever talk about is Trump.

So now I watch BBC, CBC, (it is interesting getting the foreign perspective) and sometimes PBS for my news.

And lastly, I can't stand Wolf Blitzer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't view any cable channel, I got rid of cable years ago. I listen to NPR.
Well you can be sure there is no bias there....not.
Actually one could do a lot worse than NPR. They have excellent programming.

NPR and affiliated stations are not beholding to advertisers, which drives a lot of the bias in 'news' organizations, and doesn't have 'owners' who can sometimes be accused of advancing personal agendas.

If you want to become a member check out your local station or Support Public Radio : NPR

Old 08-18-2017, 10:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
When I went to CNN.com today the number one story was the mother of the girl murdered in at the rally will not talk to Trump. Not the terrorist attack.
The CNN headline is "1 killed in Finland stabbing spree". The sub-headers are about the Spain attack.

FOX headline: "Obstructionist Democrats"

Says a lot where their priorities are.....

Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Honestly, I would watch CNN over MSNBC any day of the week. Even though CNN is about as trustworthy as Bill Clinton as a marriage counselor, MSNBC also lies, but with fanatical hatred for all things that they disagree with. I detest them all, but Rachel Maddow is the absolute worst! She sits up there with that arrogant, elitist smirk on her face, talking AT her viewers instead of to them. Coming off as a "Im going to lecture you and treat you like an idiot because i'm smarter". They often high five one an other every time some one on FOX leaves or resigns, seeming to forget the parade of losers that are no longer on MSNBC, fired for extreme hatred

Alec Baldein
Melissa Harris-Perry
Keith Olberman
Martin Bashir
Greta Van Susteren
Ed Shultz
And yes, even Michael Savage

Old 08-18-2017, 10:50 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
Funny how all the people who don't watch CNN can tell us what the channel reports on.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:57 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
I never used to watch CNN but after hearing so much about it on here, I've started tuning in. It's the same stuff over and over and over but they certainly are up to date and they get the latest news. But for middle of the road news I read Business & Financial News, U.S & International Breaking News | Reuters --news that is most unbiased.

I read BBC news online too as well as The Independent. The Independent | News | UK and Worldwide News | Newspaper

BBC is slightly to the left but still pretty good.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've known about the biased media for decades. They have the views of NYC and LA and are globalist based....I normally take a different view. I was also involved for a period of time in something that made the news regularly on the MSM and I realized then how wrong and biased they actually were. Anyway, I don't believe them and know they spin everything to try to manipulate the weak minded....sounds like they have you in their spin.
And whats your suggested alternative to MSM?

Old 08-18-2017, 11:17 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
I read CNN and Fox and Breitbart and HuffPo and a lot of others. Limiting your sources of information to ones that agree with what you already think is about as stupid as it gets.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:37 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The CNN headline is "1 killed in Finland stabbing spree". The sub-headers are about the Spain attack.

FOX headline: "Obstructionist Democrats"

Says a lot where their priorities are.....
Maybe the headlines rotate. No question Fox also has an agenda.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:40 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Yes, I'm anti-facist. You're not?
Antifa ARE the fascists. They use violence, and destruction to intimidate. That's fascist. So is BLM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies