Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 12:10 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
... Limiting your sources of information to ones that agree with what you already think is about as stupid as it gets.
Good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Antifa ARE the fascists. They use violence, and destruction to intimidate. That's fascist. So is BLM.
Uhhh ... no.

Opposition to Fascism is not defined in that way, any more than you would be a mugger if you fought back when a mugger attacked you. You could defend yourself and the other would still be the mugger.
Attached Thumbnails
How many of you have stopped viewing CNN?-d-day.png  

Old 08-18-2017, 12:32 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Uhhh ... no.

Opposition to Fascism is not defined in that way, any more than you would be a mugger if you fought back when a mugger attacked you. You could defend yourself and the other would still be the mugger.
They are not anti fascist. They use violence, and destruction to intimidate. That's fascist. Just like BLM. Fascists. They are against anyone that doesn't share their liberal/progressive hateful views.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Never had cable but did check their website occasionally for breaking news. Stopped even doing that after a year of their Malaysian airliner crash nonsense: "Did it go into a black hole? Did a UFO kidnap it?"

It's a Dem party propaganda apparatus now. I do get a kick out of their silly 'journalists' like Jim "Ted Baxter" Acosta at the White House press briefings saying a poem was official immigration policy. There is another Jim whose name I can never remember who recently included the Charlottesville protests with the European terrorist events of the past several years. Wolf Blitzer clearly has dementia because he said the Barcelona terrorists must have copied the schizo in the car running over the woman in Charlottesville.

Time to sell off CNN and clean house. Jeff Zucker has destroyed the brand.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:37 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Uhhh ... no.

He's clearly talking about the times when the antifa people initiated the violence in the first place. Like at Berkeley.

If you physically attack someone that you think looks like they might be a mugger, what does that make you?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They are not anti fascist. They use violence, and destruction to intimidate. That's fascist. Just like BLM. Fascists. They are against anyone that doesn't share their liberal/progressive hateful views.
Then don't call them that. Don't allow them to claim the title of Antifa. Use it for yourself or don't use it at all.

From my experience liberal/progressive thinkers are not hateful. True liberals have a lot of empathy, in fact it is one of the 'rights' biggest criticisms of the 'left'. They care about the ecology, they care about the indigent, they care about the underclass workers. They care too much.

This is why we used to call them 'tree-huggers' and other such derisive terms.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
I listen to CNN at work on my iPhone. I have always viewed them as the McDonald's of news networks, really just entertainment for me actually and something more neutral I can listen to that doesn't upset co-workers. What annoys me about CNN is there obsession with saying 'breaking news', even when the news is already a few hours old. That gets old real fast. And oh yes, they hyper-sensationalize everything, which is also annoying. Other than that, they offer accurate info and differences of opinion which keeps me listening.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I watch anything BUt Faux news. They are the apologists for this sorry right wing nut job President. Anyone believing a word this man, who is also a chronic Liar, says also needs psychological help.
Glad you don't watch MSNBC and CNN (Faux News).

Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I watch it. It's good comedy. Almost as good as The Onion. That Don Lemon guy is a riot.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:13 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
The OP brought it up first, I was just riffing on him/her.

Yes, I'm anti-facist. You're not?

think people just throwing words -with out understanding the full agenda behind things -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies