Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 10:32 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times

Advertisements

I was a Democrat for most of my life and now a Trump fan. See; Trump promised that he would improve our lot in life. I know that many find fault with that; but what is wrong with a goal of making America better? We were getting attacked by cheap labor and many times it is illegal labor. Then we have the pending automation on top of losing jobs to open borders. This was a no win for our workers.

I was told back in the 1960's: Never vote for a Republican because they only care about big business. I watched over the years as the Democrats switched from supporting the private sector unions to only supporting public sector jobs which were like a black hole to our tax dollars. Now it is like the Party is in bed with Silicone Valley and Hollywood/the media and they could care less about average Americans (the ones that voted them into office).

If the Democrats want to turn their Party around; they have to again look towards the blue collar and workers that once supported the Party - and they cannot lie and make pledges they never plan to deliver. Trump's supporters feel that he is trying; even if his own Party is not helping.

Look at what Hillary did in the last election; she insulted the very people that built the Democratic Party. Many on these forums continue to insult the very same people that use to be the Democratic base. I would like to say: 'How stupid can they get ' - but that is doing the same as Democrats that never want to win another election. If you want another win you will find a way to make all of our lives better without taxing us to death. You also have to find another talking point other than Trump is bad! You might even have to find a way to work together to make our Country great again!

Last edited by fisheye; 08-22-2017 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Speaking for myself..........I voted against Romney because I thought he was more out of touch with the middle class than Obama. It was not an easy decision,because I was not thrilled with Obama........

Not supporting the cause here but you voted AGAINST someone who laid the groundwork for the somewhat 'successful'(so far) healthcare reform in Massachusetts that tries to cover everyone.

Much of those healthcare system reform principles were used as the foundation for the ACA. Yet you probably believe the ACA is and has been successful for the economy of the U.S. on a national level.

Who is/was "out of touch" again?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So.....all I can discern from this is that you're OK with Hillary being corrupt, deceitful, self serving and morally bankrupt....

As long as she does it in a manner that you find more respectful and professional than Trump.
So Trump acts immorally, corrupt... all those things and the rhetoric is we didn't elect a role model, I dont want a moral leader but Hillary..

Old 08-22-2017, 10:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was a Democrat for most of my life and now a Trump fan. See; Trump promised that he would improve out lot in life. I know that many find fault with that; but what is wrong with a goal of making America better? We were getting attacked by cheap labor and many times it is illegal labor. Then we have the pending automation on top of losing jobs to open borders. This was a no win for our workers.

I was told back in the 1960's: Never vote for a Republican because they only care about big business. I watched over the years as the Democrats switched from supporting private sector unions to only supporting public sector jobs which were like a black hole to our tax dollars. Now it is like the Party is in bed with Silicone Valley and Hollywood/the media and they could care less about average Americans (the ones that voted them into office).

If the Democrats want to turn their Party around; they have to again look towards the blue collar and workers that once supported the Party - and they cannot lie and make pledges they never plan to deliver. Trump's supporters feel that he is trying; even if his own Party is not helping.

Look at what Hillary did in the last election; she insulted the very people that built the Democratic Party. Many on these forums continue to insult the very same people that use to be the Democratic base. I would like to say: 'How stupid can they get ' - but that is doing the same as Democrats that never want to win another election. If you want another win you will find a way to make all of our lives better without taxing us to death. You also have to find another talking point other than Trump is bad! You might even have to find a way to work together to make our Country great again!

While I agree on some parts about the Dems maybe it's because I'm from the NYC area and know Trumps history extremely well... so I don't buy into his empty cliches and slogans like some rubes did but the idea Trump is or ever was for the blue collar working class is the most hilarious and wrong idea perhaps ever.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
So Trump acts immorally, corrupt... all those things and the rhetoric is we didn't elect a role model, I dont want a moral leader but Hillary..
If that is your platform; I'm not coming home! Tell me what you plan to do for us and not the fat cats that want this one-world-government (open borders) Country!

Old 08-22-2017, 10:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Report that??.................I'd report threats.......but Disagreements?? Are you Kidding?
If it is a disagreement, why wouldn't a person simply respond on the forum under their user name? Most people who do this want to be anonymous, because it might be construed as a personal attack, which is against the TOS, so might receive an infraction or be deleted. Or they just haven't read the TOS and are too cowardly to post under their username.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:00 AM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I know City Data's demographic is widely skewed Republican/Conservative, but why are they coming in here to speak for Dems/Liberals?
Probably the same reason that BLM and antifa are crashing those nasty "conservative" events you think? You only "know" what you think you know.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:00 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So.....all I can discern from this is that you're OK with Hillary being corrupt, deceitful, self serving and morally bankrupt....

As long as she does it in a manner that you find more respectful and professional than Trump.
I'm sorry that is all you discerned from an extensive post. I don't believe she is corrupt or morally bankrupt. I think she is much less deceitful than Trump and I believe all politicians are somewhat self-serving. I don't think it was her 'manner' that sets her apart from Trump.

I think she would have done a better job than Trump is doing, as she had her own ideas, intelligence, real policies, experience, has worked with, and is respected by, world leaders, and has worked in Congress and knows how to get legislation passed as well as the legislative process and is tough and strong without being a crude bully.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
While I agree on some parts about the Dems maybe it's because I'm from the NYC area and know Trumps history extremely well... so I don't buy into his empty cliches and slogans like some rubes did but the idea Trump is or ever was for the blue collar working class is the most hilarious and wrong idea perhaps ever.
\

We were between a rock and a hard place last election. We had Hillary insulting us and had a terrible record on open borders. Then we had Trump and he has pretty much kept his pledge so far. Will I feel the same in three years; I do not know. But I do know that the private sector has lost out for the last thirty years and Hillary had no plans for change. Under Trump the Markets are doing well and the economy is showing signs of growth. Even the Black unemployment rate is improving: The black unemployment rate returns to historic low, but not really | Economic Policy Institute. So what is there not to like? Trump did not forget healthcare and tax reform; he just needs some support.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:01 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Not supporting the cause here but you voted AGAINST someone who laid the groundwork for the somewhat 'successful'(so far) healthcare reform in Massachusetts that tries to cover everyone.

Much of those healthcare system reform principles were used as the foundation for the ACA. Yet you probably believe the ACA is and has been successful for the economy of the U.S. on a national level.

Who is/was "out of touch" again?

To be more specific. I worked for the railroad.he was also anti-union. His running mate wanted to take railroad retirement and merge it into Social security. He said we were getting too much money. this from two millionaires.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies