Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 11:26 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The reporter kept calling it a "fight", not an attack or assault.
Thats the media for ya.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:27 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You expel the student and make the parents pay the costs of an alternative education. If they can't pay, then you garnish their wages or welfare and take their yearly tax refund. I guarantee you the mental defectives parents will beat their kids into line if they realize that they'll end up paying for their misconduct.
Aren't most of these students upper-middle class people who disagree with their teachers on the finer points of interpreting literature or history?

Old 08-23-2017, 05:27 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
On your second point: most kids should be able to pass a class. If they aren't, there's a good chance that the teacher isn't providing them with the tools to succeed, especially since schools can keep track of statistics and all of that.
The only "tool to succeed" that teacher can provide children with, is a good ole textbook on a subject that he/she is teaching. But these textbooks are conspicuously absent in American public schools. As I have been informed in my son's elementary school - "we are trying to avoid them, we are trying to move away from the textbooks as much as possible, because we consider it to be outdated approach."
And without this *outdated approach" with textbooks, the whole process of teaching a child becomes highly subjective. It brings a big question - whether it's the teacher who is failing or the student. It becomes all about "he said, she said," basically.

P.S. But that's not a problem I see in OP video. What I see there, is a problem of a different nature all together. This was not a just an "angry punch" of the *frustrated student.* It was downright an attack, which tells a lot about that particular student.

Last edited by erasure; 08-23-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 08-23-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. But that's not a problem I see in OP video. What I see there, is a problem of a different nature all together. This was not a just an "angry punch" of the *frustrated student.* It was downright an attack, which tells a lot about that particular student.
I think they disagreed about the interpretation of Macbeth.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:21 PM

709 posts, read 656,802 times
This is the poor, trashy, "culture" present throughout most of the ghetto areas in Milwaukee. I work in the city and deal with this garbage on a day to day basis. This very illustrative video shows what years of coddling and no personal responsibility instills: antisocial behavior and animalistic tendencies.

Sure, there's plenty of good people left in the 'hood. I deal with many daily. However, they've become outnumbered by the pieces of **** who behave like this. And this behavior is excused by all of the feel-good types, who blame everybody but the ones actually responsible.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
This is the poor, trashy, "culture" present throughout most of the ghetto areas in Milwaukee. I work in the city and deal with this garbage on a day to day basis. This very illustrative video shows what years of coddling and no personal responsibility instills: antisocial behavior and animalistic tendencies.

Sure, there's plenty of good people left in the 'hood. I deal with many daily. However, they've become outnumbered by the pieces of **** who behave like this. And this behavior is excused by all of the feel-good types, who blame everybody but the ones actually responsible.
The kid disagreed with the teacher about the "milk of human kindness" quote of Macbeth in the like-named play. He and the teacher had a rousing conflict about it.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The only "tool to succeed" that teacher can provide children with, is a good ole textbook on a subject that he/she is teaching. But these textbooks are conspicuously absent in American public schools. As I have been informed in my son's elementary school - "we are trying to avoid them, we are trying to move away from the textbooks as much as possible, because we consider it to be outdated approach."
And without this *outdated approach" with textbooks, the whole process of teaching a child becomes highly subjective. It brings a big question - whether it's the teacher who is failing or the student. It becomes all about "he said, she said," basically.

My original reply was about how teachers who don't have sufficient "passing rates" can't just blame everybody but themselves. Teaching is a hard job. Some people should buck up and get over it instead of making excuses about the students or the system.

Anyhow, this thread is hardly political or controversial. Even in "bad" areas, attacks on teachers by high school age students of this magnitude are uncommon. Note that it made the local news, and that the student was arrested. The whole point of this thread is to provide red meat for the usual racist crowd of CD that hates black people and public schools.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
The whole point of this thread is to provide red meat for the usual racist crowd of CD that hates black people and public schools.
I personally assumed the attacker was a son of Jewish professionals or of civic or business leaders until you told me the thread was racist.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Lock him up.

It's so dangerous to be a teacher these days.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Lock him up.

It's so dangerous to be a teacher these days.
Not where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies