Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 04:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

How about we just give the woman all the rights and Constitutional protections she is due as a fully formed human being? Or doesn't she matter?
She does get those rights. Once again her rights end where the babies rights start. Ignore that all you want. It's not like you care about rights. How could you when you don't care when they're violated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
JAMS14 likes to falsely testify about what others believe since he doesn't have a leg to stand on. He doesn't care about killing babies. That's his true colors.
JAMS14 is a she, not a he.

I put the rights of fully formed adult human women above the rights of a fertilized egg, a zygote and a fetus that is unable to survive outside the womb.

Babies are human infants who have already been born, which are not part of this discussion. So your blather about "falsely testifying" is laughable.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:55 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Quote:
No one has more rights because they belong to a group. You get your rights at birth as an individual. Learn what a right is and how one gets their rights before you get into a discussion about rights. It's about the rights of the individual. And don't you forget it.
Glad you finally agree that a foetus doesn't have rights, not until it is born.

Quote:
Did you ever get past the 2nd grade? See what I did there?

No it's not. You made that up because you don't have a leg to stand on.

They are not life threatening.

lmao Your preganacy wasn't a normal one. You don't even know what you're talking about. If you did you'd see your point agrees with mine when it endangers the life of the mother. To say every pregnancy is life threatening is irratrional.

I'd like to see a post of yours that actually addresses the point you were trying to make earlier.
One more time in hopes you get it. Not all pregnanacies are life threatening so stop the histrionics.
No you are wrong, every pregnancy is potentially fatal - you don't know at the outset what complications you might get and there is a risk of death in childbirth that is always there (just more increased for some) and most abortions are decided early on in the pregnancy before most serious complications show up. What's even more worrying for women in the US is that the maternal mortality rate is rising rather than getting lower - its even more dangerous now to be pregnant in the US than it was 20/30+ years ago.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Quote:
JAMS14 is a she, not a he.

I put the rights of fully formed adult human women above the rights of a fertilized egg, a zygote and a fetus that is unable to survive outside the womb.

Babies are human infants who have already been born, which are not part of this discussion. So your blather about "falsely testifying" is laughable.
Its alright, Loveshiscountry (but hates its women) has already said that rights begin at birth so he must have finally realised that women's rights outweigh the foetus

Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Its alright, Loveshiscountry (but hates its women) has already said that rights begin at birth so he must have finally realised that women's rights outweigh the foetus
Excellent! I'm glad he finally understands the difference between a fetus and a baby.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:01 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
[quote=JAMS14;49521861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

How about we just give the woman all the rights and Constitutional protections she is due as a fully formed human being? Or doesn't she matter?
How about people consider the consequences of their behavior? You do know how babies are made, right?

Old 09-15-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post

How about people consider the consequences of their behavior? You do know how babies are made, right?
So every fertilized egg must be carried to term as a consequence of having sex?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
So every fertilized egg must be carried to term as a consequence of having sex?
Don't want a baby? Don't engage in activities that result in babies or take precautions to minimize the unwanted outcome - but be prepared to accept the outcome if those precautions fail. This applies to almost any decision you make. Understand the consequences and be prepared to accept them. Decide to drive over the speed limit? Don't whine when you get a ticket. Drink too much alcohol? Don't ask for sympathy when well know health problems associated with excessive alcohol consumption manifest themselves. See the pattern? I'm all about freedom of choice - as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of those choices.

Twist it any way you want, but that's what it boils down to. By your logic, I could point a loaded gun at someone, pull the trigger, then accept no responsibility when the die.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:50 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
See the pattern? I'm all about freedom of choice - as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of those choices.
Me too, I love freedom of choice. One of those potential choices would be the option to be able to get an abortion in the event of an unwanted pregnancy. Just because you want to ignore the fact that is an option that exists does not wipe it from reality, sorry.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Don't want a baby? Don't engage in activities that result in babies or take precautions to minimize the unwanted outcome - but be prepared to accept the outcome if those precautions fail.
Okay. And one of the outcomes, legally, is the right to not carry that pregnancy to term.

When it's my body, I get to determine my outcome. If it's your body, you get to determine your outcome.

I accept that you can choose your own outcome.

You won't accept that I can choose my own outcome.

That's too bad, but that's not my problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies