Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times

Advertisements

liberals love to ignore science when it's inconvenient for them. Life begins at conception, if you want to make the argument that life begins when the heart/brain develop fine but don't tell me that 7-8 months after conception with a working brain and beating heart it's not alive yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 01:42 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
liberals love to ignore science when it's inconvenient for them. Life begins at conception,
In your opinion. Last time I checked your opinion isn't science. It's just your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
if you want to make the argument that life begins when the heart/brain develop fine but don't tell me that 7-8 months after conception with a working brain and beating heart it's not alive yet.
I don't believe abortions should happen at 7-8 months unless it is to save the life of the mother, and neither do most, if not all, liberals. Fortunately, there are very, very, very few abortions done at that stage, and they are always medical necessities. In fact, they are against the law in most states unless it's to save the life of the mother.

But nice straw man argument you built up there so you could courageously strike it down. Feel better now?

Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Okay. And one of the outcomes, legally, is the right to not carry that pregnancy to term.

When it's my body, I get to determine my outcome. If it's your body, you get to determine your outcome.

I accept that you can choose your own outcome.

You won't accept that I can choose my own outcome.

That's too bad, but that's not my problem.
Read. Comprehend. I never said you can't choose your own outcome. My problem is that you want me and everyone else to pay for you stupid decisions.

Do whatever you want. Don't expect me to pay for it via taxes, insurance premiums, or anything else.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:26 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
Actually, the highest and best for our species is pro life. We just choose the easiest road. Personally I think we are better than that. Zip zap, child gone. Now back to my very self- important life.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Read. Comprehend. I never said you can't choose your own outcome. My problem is that you want me and everyone else to pay for you stupid decisions.

Do whatever you want. Don't expect me to pay for it via taxes, insurance premiums, or anything else.
You will pay more for unwanted children or children whose parents are not equipped to take care of them, and either dump them in foster care or expect the government to provide for them via welfare, food stamps, etc. for 18 years. Do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac
Actually, the highest and best for our species is pro life. We just choose the easiest road. Personally I think we are better than that. Zip zap, child gone. Now back to my very self- important life.
You know nothing of the lives of women who choose not to take their pregnancies to term. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Zilch. How about you mind your own life and allow everyone else to mind theirs?

Old 09-15-2017, 07:32 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Are you kidding? Why can't women choose? Here is the "choice" they should be making:

Option 1: You want to have a child...then procreate

Option 2: You dont want a child..DONT PROCREATE

Why is that such a difficult choice?
You know what. Women don't need to have men to have babies...only their sperm. And many women don't get off by men anyway. If you don't want a child then have a vasectomy or use a condom and stop blaming it on women.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know what. Women don't need to have men to have babies...only their sperm. And many women don't get off by men anyway. If you don't want a child then have a vasectomy or use a condom and stop blaming it on women.
What the hell are you talking about? Your incoherent screed makes absolutely no sense. Can anyone else on CD figure out this mess?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:55 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Your incoherent screed makes absolutely no sense. Can anyone else on CD figure out this mess?
You seem to blame women for having babies without any responsibility of men.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
LOL.Good response. BTW tubal ligations and vasectomies are a form of birth control that still allows you to play.
Yes, they are.....but good luck getting a doctor to preform one during the most sexually active years of your life.....let's say 18 to 30.

Typically, doctors will turn a woman down unless she is near 30 or already has a couple kids.

And then there is the FACT that sterilizations have been known to fail, so women still need the right to abort.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed...TLDR!

"So, the pro-life mentality is necessarily about more than what you want to do with your body. You have to want to determine what other pregnant women do with their bodies, or else you are pro choice. Plenty of pro-choice women would never have an abortion."

Actually, I would like not-yet-pregnant women to take responsibility for their adult decisions and actions, e.g., copulating without proper contraceptives.

If they will not take responsibility before getting knocked-up, then they can certainly take responsibility for their actions afterward.

The analogy that best illustrates the abortion decision is a fishing boat captain who, once out to sea, throws his customer overboard and heads back to shore because it's his boat and he can do whatever he wants with his boat.

We would never allow a fishing boat captain to throw customers into the sea because he is an adult, responsible for his decisions and actions.

We don't need to have an unelected, unaccountable cabal declare fishing boat customers non-persons such that fishing boat captains could then have an invented right to throw them, at will, into the sea.

1. Even with proper contraceptives a pregnancy can happen and if that pregnancy is unwanted having an abortion IS TAKING REPONSIBILTY.

2. The fishing boat.....bad analogy.

The fishing boat captain's life is not put at risk by having that passenger on his boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies