Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:41 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Is that like his health care plan he promised? The one that was going to be really great and if you could not afford it the government was going to pay.

No, that was Obama's plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 03:44 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Hardly. Where is Trumps plan? Show me where the WH published one. I can show you where Trump claimed to have one.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:22 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inQmf96SYQ

Old 08-30-2017, 09:10 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And I say Gracias to them, I say they should pay for the wall because that's what we were promised, I think it time for the promise maker to put up or shut up.
Really? You think Mexico promised to pay for your "beautiful wall"? Your liar in chief made that promise.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hardly. Where is Trumps plan? Show me where the WH published one. I can show you where Trump claimed to have one.

Cmon Oldglory I am waiting. You have been posting for year supporting trump. surely you cam show me at least one link where trump as potus cited his health care plan. if not I guess all of CD should consider you a poser.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post

lmao..What a dumb thing to say. I'm 100 feet above sea level. I wouldn't get flooded like that. It would simply go to sea level or lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

...... Elevation doesn't really have much to do with it. Houston average is 80 feet above sea level. It;s the hills and valleys that determine flooding. It could happen anywhere at any elevation. Some of the worst flooding in history is in Columbia 1000 feet or more up.
I agree with Steven-H. Elevation is no guarantee of not flooding. I live in mountain and rainforest country. If 50 inches of rain gets dumped on us in 4 days the water simply washes structures and land and trees and soil away and down to lower elevations. We call them landslides or mudslides.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:38 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, you could say a lot of things, but that wouldn't make them true. Illegal aliens cost the US $113 billion tax dollars per year, and also allows just anyone to enter our country, which if you watched the ICE website, you would have a better understanding of who is coming into the country.
I live 18 miles from the border; I work at the school that has the Trans-Border Institute; my wife teaches at a school that is three-quarters immigrant. My understanding is just fine.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:44 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The voters via the electoral college voted for a Southern Wall between the US and Mexico by electing Donald Trump. While your suggestion is interesting, the wall you propose wasn't on the ballot in 2016.
Improved infrastructure was. Doesn't this qualify?

Old 08-31-2017, 04:14 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The voters via the electoral college voted for a Southern Wall between the US and Mexico by electing Donald Trump. While your suggestion is interesting, the wall you propose wasn't on the ballot in 2016.
The voters, via the electoral college, voted for a wall paid for by Mexico. This is not what Trump is proposing.

He's proposing that taxpayers pay for a border wall.

Even Rasmussen polling reveals support for the border wall is only in the mid-thirties and it's not clear even they all realize they'll be paying for it.

We are less than a month away from reaching a $20 trillion debt ceiling.

We don't have a balanced budget, the military wants more money, the wealthy want their tax cuts, and now everyone including Texas Republicans are in favor of going into even more debt to bail out troubled Texans.

Forget the stupid wall, slap a hefty fine on anyone employing those without properly vetted documentation.

90% of the problem solved.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Where we really need a wall: maybe the Federal government and the Army Corps of Engineers could provide the money and manpower to construct some protective walls and surge barriers, strengthen the bayou systems and dams, to protect Houston in the future.
I don't recall ANY of the current structure failing.

MOST of the flooding is from OPENING the levees.

What SHOULD be done, IMO, is NOT let construction of homes, etc. in down stream areas, so when they DO open the levees, peoples homes will NOT be flooded.

Secondly why should MY fed tax dollars go to pay for a LOCAL issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies