Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
According to one poster a women I forget who a pedophile is someone who has the urges even if he or she has never acted on them, that is why I said that.

Thats NOT according to me, its an adult who is attracted to children, you don't have to act on it, thats a reality, I posted a link or you can google the definition yourself.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
"A man who is a pediphile must exercise complete self control"

WHAT?????? I mean.........WHAT??????????

DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT SOUNDS???? OR HOW IT COMES ACROSS?????

A PEDOPHILE HAS NO SELF CONTROL. BY DEFINITION.
A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children. This doesn't mean that the adult in question actually ever touched a child sexually. Self-control or lack thereof is not part of the definition of pedophile.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by TwiloMike
Quote:
That may depend on when the kid starts to develop sexual thoughts and feelings. Some kids develop them very early. A kid who touches an aroused adult, giggles, and goes back to play in their sandbox has not been harmed as far as I can tell. Why there's an aroused adult around them is another question but in and of itself I don't see where the harm happens.
The problem with paedophiles is that they prey on children because they abuse the natural trust children have in adults because children can't imagine why an adult (their parent) would hurt them.
Every adult knows that children aren't adults and that teenagers only act like adults because they aren't adults yet.
Those who prey on young children know that they have to be careful, but those who prey on teenagers feel more 'safe' because they can claim that the victim did not look her true age.
But in both cases there is always intent, since a paedophile has to be cautious since he knows that his behaviour is not accepted by society.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
CHECK NEW POSTS. I'm willing to bet this is an argument you can not possibly win and it's sick to even try. I'll battle wits with you anyday.
Delete me if you want.....I don't care......this is sick.
You are far too emotional to use your wits, this is not sick, I am trying to have a logical discussion.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:48 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
According to one poster a women I forget who a pedophile is someone who has the urges even if he or she has never acted on them, that is why I said that. It's true. It's being attracted to a child.
Well and I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. Conceptually it's just overwhelming and grammatically it's unclear. So a female poster said that a pedophile is an adult sexually attracted and feels the urge to be with a child? And you agreed with this?? If so, cool. But it's still weird you felt the need to point that out....cause that's kinda what we've been saying all along......so no points for you on that one, even if I paraphrased accurately. You don't get credit for things you're supposed to do.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
NO, I don't think you know what I mean at all, what you have written here isn't it. If you would like to DM me, I wll share with you what I think.
My emotional arguments? Are you saying that its wrong to think adults should not be allowed to prey on children?
I'm saying that what you posted addressed to me and the way you expressed yourself for the questions I asked shows that in your world emotion > thought.

What exactly do you mean by "prey on children"?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 PM

I can't even count the number of men I have spoken to in my last job, married men, men with children, men who considered themselves normal men, who spoke of being arroused by the site of their own child, the site of their children's friends, I mean little kids, some under the age of 10.
I think the normal public would be shocked at how many men out there have these urges (and women apparently as well).
These same men felt that because they found the child attractive, the child had done something to invite it.
Does that upset me, you bet it does. These people don't wear signs saying they are sick. I have an 11 year old daughter. I don't think you can really understand the threat until you have a child.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Isn't that the point, pedophiles all too often don't have self control and what kind of sicko sits around a bunch of kids playing and is turned on to begin with? If you listen to them, they have an amazing way of putting the responsibility for their actions on everyone but themselves. The child wanted it, the Mother offered the child up to me etc.
It wasn't stated why the adult was turned on, maybe he saw a very attractive ADULT female in a short skirt and the child caught him.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
I'm saying that what you posted addressed to me and the way you expressed yourself for the questions I asked shows that in your world emotion > thought.

What exactly do you mean by "prey on children"?
Your not familiar with the phrase prey on children? Its often associated with adults more often men then women who use the innocence of children, the trusting nature of them to sexually abuse them.

You must not have children because the thought of children being molested makes anyone with a soul, emotional. I have seen first hand how it destroys lives. I have a close friend from high school who was molested by her Father.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I can't even count the number of men I have spoken to in my last job, married men, men with children, men who considered themselves normal men, who spoke of being arroused by the site of their own child, the site of their children's friends, I mean little kids, some under the age of 10.
I think the normal public would be shocked at how many men out there have these urges (and women apparently as well).
These same men felt that because they found the child attractive, the child had done something to invite it.
Does that upset me, you bet it does. These people don't wear signs saying they are sick. I have an 11 year old daughter. I don't think you can really understand the threat until you have a child.
I have never said a child was capable of deserving to be molested NEVER. It is never appropriate to touch a child sexually if you read my post I said that clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies