Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:32 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,298,869 times

Advertisements

Why not simply get the laws changed rather than protesting that we are enforcing existing law?

Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

15,682 posts, read 10,473,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
i'll say this about the Republican party...they champion these policies but they are scared to implement it. They either know it's a bad idea or are afraid they will get voted out. [snip]If they had any guts and truly feel like it's the right thing to do, they would vote for whatever policy it is even if they know they are going to be voted out. That's the difference between Dems and Republicans. Democrats had full power and passed a law that brought healthcare for millions of people. Sure, some Democrats lost their seats because of that vote but they did it anyway because it was the right thing to do. I think more than anything, Republicans are hoping that Democrats win back some seats so that things can go back to usual...alot of posturing and speeches while nothing gets voted on.
I hate to say it, but I agree with your post above, yeahboy. I'm disgusted with my cowardly Republican party. They haven't accomplished a major piece of legislation in 15 years, at least, and I'm about resolved to the fact this group of Republican do-nothings, who were given the whole political ball of wax by the voters in 2016, will continue that stretch of no accomplishments.

Also, Trump who calls himself a deal guy lied about overturning DACA on day one after inauguration, repealing Ocare, and the border wall being started immediately. I'm glad he won over Hillary, however, he is not at all a man of his word. He is turning out to be just some guy who kept Hillary from the Oval Office. His only positives are he gives Progressives the vapors and he appointed Gorush to the SC.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 09-05-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

2,262 posts, read 3,404,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I believe they did Trump a favor in that too.
Absolutely!!

Old 09-05-2017, 04:34 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,771,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Yes, anyone peacefully marching and supporting a progressive cause is a rioter to a Trump cult member. A protest is when heavily armed right wing militia members break into federal buildings and threaten to kill any cops that attempt to remove them.
Moore certainly is not calling for riots. That said, I'll be surprised if they're as peaceful as you imagine they will be.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Why not simply get the laws changed rather than protesting that we are enforcing existing law?
And how else do you let your politicians know how you would like the laws to be changed?

Protest has a very legitimate purpose in our democracy, and has a history of enacting change at the legislative level.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,330,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
How about a different spin on things....what about military children? What about when their parent that is a service member gets orders for another country say Japan, Germany, South Korea etc? Their lives are uprooted, they have to learn the culture, their home is not the country they were born in etc.

A couple actually come to mind:
Gitmo bay (Still open)
Withdraw from Iraq (Still in Iraq)
I am sure there are a few more too.

Some may see it as childish, others see it as keeping up with his campaign promises and also looking out for our country.
Some? How about the majority of the country?

Obama did nothing out of spite towards Bush. Trump does everything out of spite, because he has no real beliefs.

This is why it appears Trump has reversed everything he every said. Because if Obama was for it, Trump is against it. He's an oppositional child. Always has been, always will be.

Trump doesn't care about 'promises.' He cares about ratings, polls, numbers and himself, period. If he cared about promises, or keeping his word one little bit, he would not have stiffed workmen, investors or banks he gave his 'promises' to.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,012,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

he-- like you and I have a RIGHT to speak-- do we NOT??????????????????
Get over it, I'm not making an argument about free speech and you know that. Cute attempt to try and derail the actual point of what I said though. Its a double standard that Obama himself created.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:43 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,422,320 times
Congress couldn't agree regarding DACA anymore than they could come up with a tax cut. Trump wants no part of this, he just pushed it down the road rather than having a solution. Does anyone actually believe that this will be resolved in 6 months, Obama took action because congress hasn't had an idea in 30 years other than more of the same.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM

35,839 posts, read 21,231,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Get over it, I'm not making an argument about free speech and you know that. Cute attempt to try and derail the actual point of what I said though. Its a double standard that Obama himself created.
Well seems I'm not the only one- looking at the replies but you would not have listened to Obama - no matter what

Old 09-05-2017, 04:46 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What exactly is this double standard? I don't remember Obama ever saying that previous president's couldn't have opinions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies