Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 PM

50,473 posts, read 47,192,013 times

Advertisements

Did the Mexican flags give it away?

Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,000,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
By "culturally American", do you mean deferring to the Caucasian majority? There's fifth generational Chicanos in LA who speak with what you would consider a "Mexican accent" out in West Virginia.
No he means he majority of illegals that have gone into the daca problem spent more of their life in the home country . This means they have more of their home country culture instilled in them than American culture .

Old 09-05-2017, 09:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Despite the claims once again by Obama and the liberal media, especially Obama who says this is often the only country they know and that they may not even speak their own language, this is FALSE for the most part.

If you watch the videos of all the Dreamers, even their leaders, you will notice that most of them are NOT culturally American, most of their friends are from their own national origin, and nearly all of them speak with a noticeably Mexican accent. The only illegal whose English can pass as an American is probably the illegal journalist Jose Antonio Vargas (he is still illegal).

Most of these people are culturally and linguistically more at home in their native countries.
Interesting, the dreamers I've seen interviewed all over the USA have no accent, have a great command of the English language. They are highly educated for the most part and I wouldn't know they were dreamers except for them telling me.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:49 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,607,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not a cultist, but I don't like the establishment Republicans, nor the Democrats because they have become so corrupt. Blatantly so. Also, why should I like statism or "globalism". I went to be represented by the people I have a choice in electing, and a government that I pay for. Not some nameless faceless U.N. corrupt bureaucrat who just wants to line his pockets with man made climate change money.

This imaginary country you seek, that has no one in it that you don't like and where the climate never changes, is not to be found anywhere around here. In the meantime, the majority of us, who were brought up properly and learned how to share, will make the best of this society as it actually is.

1,323 posts, read 590,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Hey, Kajo---if your kid was one of the ones killed by a "Dreamer", he or she would really "not have" something as a result of the dreamers, n'est ce pas??

Oh well....too bad for the suckers whose kids have been killed!
Nice dodge. Notice you didn't actually answer my question though. What don't I have because of a foreigner?

But let's go down your anecdotal rabbit hole, shall we?

How many dreamers are murderers? And by that I mean murderers who were proven to be enrolled in DACA.

I'll wait, but not for long. I need to jump on Amazon and get the new Hot Wheels Monster Jam Dragon Arena Playset quickly before a foreigner stops me.

10,250 posts, read 15,962,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
By "culturally American", do you mean deferring to the Caucasian majority? There's fifth generational Chicanos in LA who speak with what you would consider a "Mexican accent" out in West Virginia.
I'm actually back in Louisiana now, but to your point, as an example of assimilation, I would say the Cajuns in South Louisiana have assimilated into American culture despite their French background. Many people are proud of their partial French ancestry, but they don't wave the French flag and speak English fluently without a French accent (the Cajun accent which is less common than before is different than actual French accents). The people of Italian American descent also do not speak with an Italian accent.....

I am of Chinese descent but was born in America and and culturally assimilated. if I have any accent at all it would be slightly Southern.

So you are saying basically that these Mexicans in LA do not assimilate well into American culture.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:50 PM

1,323 posts, read 590,048 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct: we should have kept all of those violent, ruthless criminals in this country, which they had no legal right to be in, rather than sending them home.

Great idea!!
But they weren't violent to begin with...that's all American-made.

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Really? These pictures beg to differ.

Mob Attacks Police Outside Trump Rally | The Daily Caller
Odd..I never heard a word about the protesters being people with DACA status, could you point out where that was stated in the video?

11,046 posts, read 5,285,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well ya, it worked great until US tax payers and social service programs became part of the equation.

it was working great until FDR came with the new deal and LBJ brought us the new society....now almost half of the nation depends on the welfare state and millions of illegals come here to get on the gravy train.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:51 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
Quote:
It's terrible, what's happening to them. Truly awful.

So quick question, then: what are we to make of their PARENTS, for putting them in this position???
Kind of makes them pure scum, doesn't it?????
Pretty much. It's unfortunate-but the children of many different criminals often pay the price when the criminals are caught. It's a shame that the parents refused to obey the law and come here legally. In which case their children wouldn't be dealing with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies