Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 01:47 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e6fd6cb0f510

Quote:
The University of Utah Hospital, where a nurse was manhandled and arrested by police as she protected the legal rights of a patient, has imposed new restrictions on law enforcement, including barring officers from patient-care areas and from direct contact with nurses.
Good for them. Though I think until police start actually being properly handled for bad conduct such as removing any kind of "Internal Investigation" and replaced with a completely independent body that has full access to everything police should be barred from everywhere.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:48 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
That cop probably needs to be cuffed and stuffed.

He should be advised against mixing testosterone with too much coffee.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:56 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
So it appears this hospital won't be admitting shot or otherwise injured or sick on the job SLCPD officers as patients from now on, police officers who fall sick or injured would now need to go to another hospital to get treatment. The one bad apple ruined it for all the other officers who uses this hospital for treatment. I am guessing the detective believed that in order to survive that kind of crash and fire that victim must had been drunk or on drugs. Anyways this is obviously the wrong way to pick up a girl whether she is Blond or otherwise.
Though I bet its certain that this detective would not receive treatment in this hospital in the future when Karma strikes though even if he could get treatment there he would avoid it as all those inside would remember what he did.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 09-05-2017 at 02:10 AM..

Old 09-05-2017, 02:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e6fd6cb0f510

Good for them. Though I think until police start actually being properly handled for bad conduct such as removing any kind of "Internal Investigation" and replaced with a completely independent body that has full access to everything police should be barred from everywhere.
one thing i have advocated for is a civilian review board, to look over police responses to situations. let IA do their investigations, but let a civilian review board do the same. and if any LEOs obstruct the civilian review board in any manner, they should be summarily fired.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:37 AM

983 posts, read 738,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
So it appears this hospital won't be admitting shot or otherwise injured or sick on the job SLCPD officers as patients from now on, police officers who fall sick or injured would now need to go to another hospital to get treatment. The one bad apple ruined it for all the other officers who uses this hospital for treatment. I am guessing the detective believed that in order to survive that kind of crash and fire that victim must had been drunk or on drugs. Anyways this is obviously the wrong way to pick up a girl whether she is Blond or otherwise.
Though I bet its certain that this detective would not receive treatment in this hospital in the future when Karma strikes though even if he could get treatment there he would avoid it as all those inside would remember what he did.
I certainly know I wouldn't help if I saw him choking to death.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:46 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I certainly know I wouldn't help if I saw him choking to death.
That's an improvement over you wanting him to die slowly of cancer and to burn in hell.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post

A large number of cops, both male and female, take steroids, not only to become bigger and stronger, but to make themselves more aggressive and volatile in their responses to incidents. So-called "roid-rage" may be behind much of their brutality and deadly actions.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:02 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I was trying to piece together a reason for that police officer's outrageous conduct and complete belligerence. Not much made sense given that the victim who was injured and unconscious had any charges against him. Then I thought that the police may have been out to try to save their own asses from a potential lawsuit against them brought on by the police chase. They were chasing another driver whose vehicle hit the truck. That driver died and the truck driver was injured and burned. If they could obtain a blood sample that showed the truck driver had any alcohol or drugs in his system, they could use that as leverage against him if he sued them. That may have been the reason they were desperate to get a blood sample. Real nice, they contribute to an accident and then target the victim to protect themselves.
If that's the case, then the police chief and the chain of command are IN DEEP TROUBLE and will lose their jobs on top of having their asses sued. The nurse and truck driver need to lawyer up and take these guys down. The hospital should also put that department in its place so this kind of Nazi behavior doesn't ever happen again.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:16 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post

A guy that fat and outa shape..... real testosterone would likely cause him to have a heart attack in no time flat. Not to mention......he doesn't even look like a guy on test.

He likely grew up with two highly autocratic parents and has remained of the belief system that cops and judges always have the final authority.

When she/the hospital chose not to cede to his authority, his control was taken away and he lost it.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:16 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
He should be fired and charged with assault and unlawful imprisonment. Give him about 20 years and send a message that cops are not above the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies