Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 05:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
White Republicans are almost ALL white authoritarians. That's the mark of a conservative of all races to be honest. They love authority, flexing authoritative muscle, pushing people around, and bootlicking powerful people.
Trump is just mentally ill. So Hillary has it wrong.

It's the Trump voters and followers who are authoritarian - this why Trump can screw them time and time again and they will "agree" with almost anything.

Right Wing Authoritarian - a very well defined personality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Southern Democrat? Hillary Clinton is from suburban Chicago. Stop it.

And since when did the name "Goldwater" become a dirty word to be used to smear people to you right wingers.
Who is smearing. I am stating simple fact which you are apparently quite indignant about when it comes to your "whites" scoring system.

Furthermore Hillary became a Southern Democrat when she married good old boy Bill Clinton from Arkansas. The same exact party which supported Jim Crow for decades in Arkansas.

So how many points did you assign to her? Remember she promptly joined a White's Only country club as first lady of Arkansas. It's well documented and can't be denied.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No trawling. Looked and saw - put the URL in a web site and F showed up.

This allows me to inform you and the other people here better than a Fake News spreader. The problem with spreading fake news is that sometime you are going to need real information and then you won't know what is what.

Unlike you, I do believe in honesty and fairness. I once bought Bill Clintons book and didn't get past about 40 pages (it's really long). So I would have probably given that a 2 star.

You see, honestly is missing from the Right. They believe in lying and cheating. I don't. We just disagree on that point.
You actually put in some time to check it out. These others are simply too lazy to learn anything new.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,651,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-st...130010734.html

Does Amazon do this with every polticians book?
amazon do this ALL THE TIME and have done so for years.

when they see people trying to abuse the system they deal with it. and rightly so.

Hillary and the book is irrelevant in this discussion. what is relevant is people using the ranking system to express views other than those that FAIRLY represent the product.

so if you hate hillary and post a one star of course it should be deleted.

I have seen hundreds of reviews for products that have not yet launched but people hate or love the company they get deleted too.

and the reviews that one star a bar of soap because it arrived late or they did not like the seller can be and often are deleted too.

Amazon are not dumb they know what you lot were trying to do...

Old 09-13-2017, 05:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,651,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/katereads...62831822110720

Before you respond just please read this, I know some of you have this instinctive reaction to defend the entitled, delusional, brat but once again please read this and see if you feel the same.
well given the tone of your post why would i think you are being fair or just?

i dont.

thus i shall say you are wrong and just a hater.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:42 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Pretty much every product on Amazon gets reviews by people that have an agenda or are paid to give both good and/or bad reviews.

That is why you ignore most of the out-layers.
And when they can determine that -- they delete the reviews. Be they about a book that hasn't been released, the Amazon user didn't buy off of Amazon, etc.

This seems to have triggered you ....sorry. so sorry.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:48 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Default Hillary Clinton Now Says She is Like Cersei Lannister

Just when you thought the blame tour couldn't get any better, now Hillary says she was treated like Cersei Lannister on Game of Thrones.
'It's not easy for any woman in politics, but I think it's safe to say that I got a whole other level of vitriol flung my way,' writes Clinton in her memoir, which is now on bookshelves.

'Crowds at Trump rallies called for my imprisonment more times than I can count. They shouted, "Guilty! Guilty!" like the religious zealots in Game of Thrones chanting 'Shame! Shame!' while Cersei Lannister walked back to the Red Keep.'
Hillary Clinton says she was shamed by Trump crowds like Cersei on 'Game of Thrones' - who is punished for incest and regicide before wreaking fiery vengeance on all who wronged her

(you know, in this case, I actually agree that Hillary reminds me of Cersei, )

Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,066,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
These one star reviewers hadn't purchased the book, they just scurried over like the cockroaches they are because it was another chance to say something negative about Hillary Clinton. I guess they must have been kicked off C-D and were looking for another outlet to spew their hatred.
Anyone who believes and bases their reading on these book reviews to begin with is judgmentally challenged anyway. As for her book? After all the parts that have been teased and leaked so far I'd only give it one star just because I don't think she's very good at writing comedy which is exactly what the sections that've been released so far are an attempt at.
Or was she actually serious?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,262,287 times
Agreed. Mean, conniving, self centred ******.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Anyone who believes and bases their reading on these book reviews to begin with is judgmentally challenged anyway. As for her book? After all the parts that have been teased and leaked so far I'd only give it one star just because I don't think she's very good at writing comedy which is exactly what the sections that've been released so far are an attempt at.
Or was she actually serious?
Most kindle books (and some others) are returnable. You can also get a sample.

I won't be reading it - just because I like to learn new things and I think I know most of what she will be talking about. But those who like an inside scoop and some payback may enjoy it.

No one is being forced to buy or read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies