Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the right forgive Trump for passing amnesty?
yes 13 32.50%
No 27 67.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What illegal act that Ronald Reagan commit? Please name the legal statute violated.

Ahh yeah. I thought so.
He knew what was going on. He hung North out to dry.

I thought so.

You should stop "thinking so" before allowing others to answer especially when you are wrong.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:27 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Since when is Congress responsible for enforcing immigration laws?
Is that really going to be your flimsy argument? That if Congress makes an ineffective law, they have no responsibility to address that law, to see that it is enforced???? Congress does have oversight, or didn't you know that?

When our legislators in the US Congress write a law, but over time it becomes apparent that it's not working as intended, and people are refusing to obey it. Or if a law comes across unforeseen problems that make those laws ineffective, then it is up to Congress change the law, to ensure those laws are being effectively enforced.

When our worker visa laws are not working as intended and no longer properly serve their function, and they need reform, it's up to Congress to make changes to those laws to address any problems.

When our hospitals are being bankrupted by illegal aliens who use our emergency rooms like their own private free medical system. When our schools are flooded with so many illegal alien children, that they start to equal, or even outnumber American students, then congress needs to amend current laws or enact new laws to address these issues.

Decades ago, no one in Congress would have believed we'd have this many illegal aliens overrunning our cities. They'd not believed we'd have sanctuary cities actively working against the American people, to subvert our laws to allow foreigners to evade our immigration laws. So we either need new laws, or amend existing laws to address these issues.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb will they forgive Trump for doing the same?

Of course they will.

They'll readily do as they're told.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Trump is focused on the border and the wall which is where the correct focus should be.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants : NPR

Conservatives make excuses for Reagan granting amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrant, he was forced to, he was not in the right state of mind, etc..

Will they do the same for Trump?

I personally believe they will forgive him
Conservatives or Alt-right extremists?

Most conservatives are in favor of DACA anyhow.

The alt-right extremists will forgive Trump because it's more of a tribal, cult adulation than about his policies. He has no policies.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

Conservatives make excuses for Reagan granting amnesty to millions of undocumented immigrant, he was forced to, he was not in the right state of mind, etc..

No conservatives didn't forgive him. And we didn't forgive him for increasing the debt at a much higher rate than than Carter who they criticized for it. And we didn't forgive him for raising taxes either.
Reagan scammed a lot of people.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:10 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is that really going to be your flimsy argument? That if Congress makes an ineffective law, they have no responsibility to address that law, to see that it is enforced???? Congress does have oversight, or didn't you know that?

When our legislators in the US Congress write a law, but over time it becomes apparent that it's not working as intended, and people are refusing to obey it. Or if a law comes across unforeseen problems that make those laws ineffective, then it is up to Congress change the law, to ensure those laws are being effectively enforced.

When our worker visa laws are not working as intended and no longer properly serve their function, and they need reform, it's up to Congress to make changes to those laws to address any problems.

When our hospitals are being bankrupted by illegal aliens who use our emergency rooms like their own private free medical system. When our schools are flooded with so many illegal alien children, that they start to equal, or even outnumber American students, then congress needs to amend current laws or enact new laws to address these issues.

Decades ago, no one in Congress would have believed we'd have this many illegal aliens overrunning our cities. They'd not believed we'd have sanctuary cities actively working against the American people, to subvert our laws to allow foreigners to evade our immigration laws. So we either need new laws, or amend existing laws to address these issues.

Very well said.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:28 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I am only one person, but I will never forgive him, nor will I ever cast a vote for him again.

I am a law and order person, and have no room in my character for people who do not keep their word.
He is a liar,and I got taken once, but it will never happen again.

Bob.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

I've never made excuses for Reagan granting illegal aliens (no such thing as an undocumented) amnesty. The only thing is that congress betrayed him afterwards by not securing the border but that still did not excuse him for it.

I will not forgive Trump for granting any illegal aliens amnesty. He will be toast to his base in 2020 if he does.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Instead of wasting time reading and watching propaganda media, get your news directly from the White House website and youtube channel. Here is what Trump said today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies