Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

Yet another WaPo story based on nothing but anonymous sources.
...according to two people briefed on the decision...
When will you guys learn when it comes to this made up nonsense?

/thread
Quote:
Nope.

But I've had to explain it to you 10 different ways because you wish to split hairs. Over "the way I said it" instead of what I said, because you don't want to address it.

This topic is based on an anonymous sources story by WaPo. This = Fake News until they can actually prove it.

You just don't like it being pointed out.

so your solution is to keep doubling down on the ignorance you display? You literally said anonymous source = made up nonsense. Yet, when I point out the literal plethora of anonymous sourced items that have come to fruition you have no rebuttal and attempt to move the goal posts.

I know the WaPo is light on integrity compared to your preferred news source of InfoWars you posted here constantly. Perhaps if they quoted the gay frogs from the front lines of Jade Helm you would consider it a worthy source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 02:37 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
so your solution is to keep doubling down on the ignorance you display?
Calling me ignorant isn't argument. It simply means you have none.

Remember you guys believed these yoyo's when they told you that Hillary had a "Blue Wall", would expand the map, that Trump had no chance, and 1000s of other articles you folks who read these tabloids posted here as fact as to how Trump was done.

Who's President?

If you want to keep believing these anonymous source stories, then have at it.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:42 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I'll bet he resents these witnesses watching his every move.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I could have sworn some of you were complaining about the cost of guarding all the Trumps. So now that one child agrees to forego that protection, he is still criticized. "Damned if you do and damned if you don't."

I remember when two agents were taking one child home in the car. He was sleeping in the back seat and when he woke up he freaked out because the agents were taking selfies with him! Don Jr. complained and the agents were reassigned, as they should have been.

I think the adult kids should pay for their own families' protection, with the exception of Ivanka because she works at the White House.

I never knew Kellyanne had secret service protection. If that is not normal procedure, she shouldn't get it.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:48 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Calling me ignorant isn't argument. It simply means you have none.

Remember you guys believed these yoyo's when they told you that Hillary had a "Blue Wall", would expand the map, that Trump had no chance, and 1000s of other articles you folks who read these tabloids posted here as fact as to how Trump was done.

Who's President?

If you want to keep believing these anonymous source stories, then have at it.
and there you go again. You are losing a debate so you run and hide behind Hillary win loss predictions...

pretty much everyday you run to that old chestnut and claim you "knew" when the reality is your information set and conclusions were no better than anyone else's.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I could have sworn some of you were complaining about the cost of guarding all the Trumps. So now that one child agrees to forego that protection, he is still criticized. "Damned if you do and damned if you don't."

I remember when two agents were taking one child home in the car. He was sleeping in the back seat and when he woke up he freaked out because the agents were taking selfies with him! Don Jr. complained and the agents were reassigned, as they should have been.

I think the adult kids should pay for their own families' protection, with the exception of Ivanka because she works at the White House.

I never knew Kellyanne had secret service protection. If that is not normal procedure, she shouldn't get it.
nonsense. People were complaining about the vacationing POTUS much much more than his kids. People did complain about the kids , but more about the stupid tone deafness of their travel.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I believe the WAPO, unlike Brietbart, has high journalistic standards and doesn't run a story without a reasonable expectation of proof. WAPO and NY times for instance, are among most respected in the world and achieved that respect through the quality and integrity of their work.
They are living off their past reputations before they were owned by billionaire Leftists like Carlos Slim and Jeff Bezos. Now they are just blogs with an anti-Trump agenda. Maybe you should read past the headline and first paragraph because quite often by the time you get to the end of the article they have refuted their own headline. They often, but not nearly often enough, issue corrections and retractions for shoddy and misleading reporting.

Try reading DailyCaller and Breitbart for investigative reporting that WashingPoo and NY Slimes ignore because it makes the Left look bad -- like the DNC scandal about Pakistani IT guys having access to Dem emails and classified security info. Politicians in DC read those sites as well as give them exclusive interviews so they can't be so fake, huh? Even Obama watched Fox News because he was always complaining about them.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
and there you go again. You are losing a debate so you run and hide behind Hillary win loss predictions...

pretty much everyday you run to that old chestnut and claim you "knew" when the reality is your information set and conclusions were no better than anyone else's.
I didn't lose this debate. This yet another story generated out of thin air based on anonymous sources.

And I have no problem reminding you about how wrong you were for 1.5 years about Trump. I get why you don't like it, but goodness, try learning from your mistakes.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:38 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I think Don Jr. and family getting ready to take off and hide from future investigation's. He will jump into that Plane his dad has and find someplace to hide.

I'm looking for the whole clan and close associates, to take a run at Trump's 757 and head for some haven without a U. S. extradition treaty. Maybe Moscow? Would Putin offer hospitality, after Trump's influence here was ended?

Old 09-19-2017, 04:07 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
I didn't lose this debate. This yet another story generated out of thin air based on anonymous sources.

And I have no problem reminding you about how wrong you were for 1.5 years about Trump. I get why you don't like it, but goodness, try learning from your mistakes.
again for an engineer you really don't get math, kinda weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies