Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 05:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'll bet he resents these witnesses watching his every move.
That is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 05:36 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Fame is one thing, wealth is another. There are plenty of famous persons today who are relatively poor, and as such certainly cannot afford 24/7 security. Junior Trump and spouse do not fit into that category.

they can well afford their own help.

Donald Trump Jr can afford his own attorney, yet he chooses to use campaign funds to pay for the attorney(s). Maybe he figured out a way to get the campaign funds/donations to pay for his private security.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-19-2017 at 05:56 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't lose this debate. This yet another story generated out of thin air based on anonymous sources.

And I have no problem reminding you about how wrong you were for 1.5 years about Trump. I get why you don't like it, but goodness, try learning from your mistakes.
No mistake was made. Your guy got lucky that is all. I have played enough games of chance and invested long enough to understand risk.

To be clear, you were NOT certain Trump would win, that was merely your best guess. If you were certain you would have borrowed the max you could , sold everything and put your money squarely on Trump.

You didn't thus you were just guessing and got lucky.

My best guess was for Hillary to win. In my view it was by far the most likley outcome but of course not certain. in the end the polls averaged out within the margin of error and had an ABSOLUTE ERROR RATE LOWER than 2012. So the polls were no worse than ever, and damn close indeed.

the polls in 2016 were closer than the polls in 2012, just in case that was not clear to you.

are you understanding? despite all the noise and words the reality is the polling was normal it was the talking heads on TV who were wrong. they talked as is the margin of error was not there. they talked as if a 2% lead meant a certain win.

Me, i thought Trump would lose most of the time. after comey it was not nearly as certain, but i still thought America was smarter . Turned out i was wrong , Americans turned out to be dumb. And not just GOP and trumpers, they at least voted. it is the millions who stayed home or voted 3rd party that are the real dumb dumbs. They failed to even make a choice.

Trump got very lucky, America not so much.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:25 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump got very lucky, America not so much.
I don't know about that.

We have have all put up with R's dirty tricks for decades. Rolling our eyes. Heaving deep sighs.

Remember when Rs smeared Kerry, calling him a coward for his service in Vietnam? Rs have made an art out of smearing folks. Lee Atwater was even ashamed.

Trump just carried on that R tradition, accusing President Obama of not being a legitimate POTUS by virtue of his birth, falsely accusing him of criminal behavior, ... Then there were all the lies spread about Clinton by Rs and Trump's Russian team during the last election.

Gerrymandering is another favorite R strategy.

Purging voter rolls right before the election.

Electronic voting machines with no paper trail, so no way to verify or recount. Guess who supports that?

At every turn, Rs cheat and lie. Thanks to decade of this nonsense, we now have this ridiculous President who was selected by a minority of the voters with the obvious aid of a foreign nation.

Yikes!

Could it be that Trump might push us to quit sighing and rolling our eyes and do something about this before we lose our republic?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-19-2017 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 06:43 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You don't know that for certain, do you?

Remember when *you* are footing the bill, you can hire whoever you wish and or set conditions of employment up to and including mandating privacy agreements. OTOH when the government or an other third party is paying you get what is sent and or have to deal with that bureaucracy.

Fame is one thing, wealth is another. There are plenty of famous persons today who are relatively poor, and as such certainly cannot afford 24/7 security. Junior Trump and spouse do not fit into that category.

When M. Bloomberg finished out his third and final term as NYC mayor he literally bought out his entire NYPD security detail. They now work for Bloomberg, LLC doing the same functions but under Mike Bloomberg's control. Bloomberg giving NYPD bodyguards jobs to â€keep their mouths shut’ | New York Post

When it comes to domestic help or whatever you want to call them the well off to vastly wealthy do not need "freebies". What Mrs. DT Junior and or her husband want in terms of domestic arrangements likely has nothing to do with who is paying; again they can well afford their own help.
I don't know what for certain? And, well, I am footing the bill for his security... it comes from taxpayer funds. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it doesn't matter whether presidents can afford to pay for their security or not... they get it as part of the job. I'm confused about what about my comment you take issue with....

Old 09-19-2017, 06:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Junior has been mighty quiet lately, or is it just me?
I think he has too. And I definitely wonder what he is doing that he wants no witnesses to.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:39 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Calling me ignorant isn't argument. It simply means you have none.

Remember you guys believed these yoyo's when they told you that Hillary had a "Blue Wall", would expand the map, that Trump had no chance, and 1000s of other articles you folks who read these tabloids posted here as fact as to how Trump was done.

Who's President?

If you want to keep believing these anonymous source stories, then have at it.
Seems you do,it's all you quote.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Wapo Article is based on "anonymous sources".

i.e. There is no truth to it without proof. This is the way investigative journalism works. Otherwise it is tabloidism. WaPo was once the former, now it's just the latter.

That is my argument. What's false about that?
It's a false argument becuase you make no argument at all ,you make assumption and innuendo's yet you have no facts or even good "alternative facts".

Old 09-19-2017, 09:35 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know about that.

We have have all put up with R's dirty tricks for decades. Rolling our eyes. Heaving deep sighs.

Remember when Rs smeared Kerry, calling him a coward for his service in Vietnam? Rs have made an art out of smearing folks. Lee Atwater was even ashamed.

Trump just carried on that R tradition, accusing President Obama of not being a legitimate POTUS by virtue of his birth, falsely accusing him of criminal behavior, ... Then there were all the lies spread about Clinton by Rs and Trump's Russian team during the last election.

Gerrymandering is another favorite R strategy.

Purging voter rolls right before the election.

Electronic voting machines with no paper trail, so no way to verify or recount. Guess who supports that?

At every turn, Rs cheat and lie. Thanks to decade of this nonsense, we now have this ridiculous President who was selected by a minority of the voters with the obvious aid of a foreign nation.

Yikes!

Could it be that Trump might push us to quit sighing and rolling our eyes and do something about this before we lose our republic?
bolded bit. absolutely. we can see the change. Maddow ratings through the roof . and more incumbent dems to be challenged by dems in 2018 than at any time in decades. The grassroots is really awake and they are looking to play as dirty and as nasty as the GOP.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:45 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most media reporting the same. Fox News says Kellyanne has also cancelled SS protection.

Donald Trump Jr., Conway to end Secret Service protection | Fox News

I noticed Waldo didn't seem to respond to this. Yet another story that started off from a leak that comes to fruition. At what point will the lemmings wake up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies