Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:10 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
They are living off their past reputations before they were owned by billionaire Leftists like Carlos Slim and Jeff Bezos. Now they are just blogs with an anti-Trump agenda. Maybe you should read past the headline and first paragraph because quite often by the time you get to the end of the article they have refuted their own headline. They often, but not nearly often enough, issue corrections and retractions for shoddy and misleading reporting.

Try reading DailyCaller and Breitbart for investigative reporting that WashingPoo and NY Slimes ignore because it makes the Left look bad -- like the DNC scandal about Pakistani IT guys having access to Dem emails and classified security info. Politicians in DC read those sites as well as give them exclusive interviews so they can't be so fake, huh? Even Obama watched Fox News because he was always complaining about them.

ah yes- the evil Mexican, you know he owns the a large part of the A shares, not the B shares which control the company, but keep buying the BS the supposed bastions of journalistic integrity like Brietbart and Daily Caller supply you. It's laughable. I know you and the Brietbart readers are the only ones who get the real news, the rest of the world just buys the fake stuff right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Calling me ignorant isn't argument. It simply means you have none.

Remember you guys believed these yoyo's when they told you that Hillary had a "Blue Wall", would expand the map, that Trump had no chance, and 1000s of other articles you folks who read these tabloids posted here as fact as to how Trump was done.

Who's President?

If you want to keep believing these anonymous source stories, then have at it.

saying you display ignorance when you display ignorance is just pointing out the obvious. Perhaps make a cogent argument and we can move past it. Again, good job changing the subject b/c you have not been able to refute my argument.

And keep hanging your hat on a statistical anomaly long shot that came to fruition, as you point out over and over again how much you don't understand math, which is odd for a supposed engineer as you claim to be; b/c when in doubt, vomit up Hillary or Obama b/c that's all you really have, hate of liberals, no real intrinsic philosophy or dogma, just hate of libs.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:37 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,075,078 times
I would too if I found out my own government was secretly spying on me.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Reducing security costs is good. It also makes me wonder what Donald Jr. is up to that he doesn't want witnesses to.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

Yet another WaPo story based on nothing but anonymous sources.
...according to two people briefed on the decision...
When will you guys learn when it comes to this made up nonsense?

/thread
Most media reporting the same. Fox News says Kellyanne has also cancelled SS protection.

Donald Trump Jr., Conway to end Secret Service protection | Fox News

Old 09-19-2017, 05:07 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Think for average persons who never had such a thing, a sudden implementation of a 24/7 security detail would seem invasive and an intrusion. None of that applies to Junior.

From what limited reading one has done about this hot mess apparently it isn't the SS per se Junior objects to; but the constant swapping out of officers every several days or weeks.

Secret Service detail one surmises isn't like private security, you get whoever is assigned as scheduling permits, agreeable or disagreeable as the officers in question may happen to be.

Young children do need consistency; and so yes, can imagine Junior and or the Missus being somewhat irked by constant shifting of SS personnel as they move in and out of rotation.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Reducing security costs is good. It also makes me wonder what Donald Jr. is up to that he doesn't want witnesses to.
Junior has been mighty quiet lately, or is it just me?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:18 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
As a taxpayer, I support this. If I were him or his family, though, no way in hell would I turn down free 24/7 security when I was that famous.

You don't know that for certain, do you?

Remember when *you* are footing the bill, you can hire whoever you wish and or set conditions of employment up to and including mandating privacy agreements. OTOH when the government or an other third party is paying you get what is sent and or have to deal with that bureaucracy.

Fame is one thing, wealth is another. There are plenty of famous persons today who are relatively poor, and as such certainly cannot afford 24/7 security. Junior Trump and spouse do not fit into that category.

When M. Bloomberg finished out his third and final term as NYC mayor he literally bought out his entire NYPD security detail. They now work for Bloomberg, LLC doing the same functions but under Mike Bloomberg's control. Bloomberg giving NYPD bodyguards jobs to ‘keep their mouths shut’ | New York Post

When it comes to domestic help or whatever you want to call them the well off to vastly wealthy do not need "freebies". What Mrs. DT Junior and or her husband want in terms of domestic arrangements likely has nothing to do with who is paying; again they can well afford their own help.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:25 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Junior's motivation? Ask yourself this simple question, if/when the indictments come down would Junior man up and stick around or skip town?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:26 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most media reporting the same. Fox News says Kellyanne has also cancelled SS protection.

Donald Trump Jr., Conway to end Secret Service protection | Fox News
Yup; I just read the same things as well. Personally, I'm glad. It saves taxpayer money and I can't imagine anyone who'd want to assassinate Kellyanne. Donald Jr. can afford his own personal protection; he's got the $$$. For that matter, so can Kellyanne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies