Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:11 PM

28,715 posts, read 18,929,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

The question is will China come to the rescue again for NK if they detonate a Hydrogen bomb above the Pacific ocean. My guess if NK does that Trump will use this to respond with military attack on NK. I think people give way too much credit to NK military ability against US bases in the south. Their artillery is old and once they start to fire from the mountains our aircraft will take them out.
That artillery is not pointed at US bases, it's pointed at Seoul.

I've spent time counting those HARTS. There are too many to take out quickly enough to save Seoul, except by tactical nuclear weapons. That's something we've know for decades, and it hasn't changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 12:59 AM

13,512 posts, read 7,483,058 times
[quote=Ralph_Kirk;49620510]That artillery is not pointed at US bases, it's pointed at Seoul.

I've spent time counting those HARTS. There are too many to take out quickly enough to save Seoul, except by tactical nuclear weapons. That's something we've know for decades, and it hasn't changed.[/QUOT

Read this "The North Korean military's most powerful tool is artillery. It cannot level Seoul as some reports have claimed, but it could do significant damage."

https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...ould-retaliate

This is what we need to deal with NK "Rods from God" http://www.businessinsider.com/air-f...n-force-2017-9

Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 AM

[quote=kell490;49622005]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I've spent time counting those HARTS. There are too many to take out quickly enough to save Seoul, except by tactical nuclear weapons. That's something we've know for decades, and it hasn't changed.[/QUOT

Read this "The North Korean military's most powerful tool is artillery. It cannot level Seoul as some reports have claimed, but it could do significant damage." ]
Did you read the entire article?

Quote:
If projectile flight distances reach proven ranges (or commonly accepted ones) and involve these new systems, then the northern portion of Seoul could be saturated with fire. Even areas south of the Han River could be within range of 170-mm self-propelled guns, 240-mm multiple rocket launchers or 300-mm multiple rocket launchers, depending on their position on the North Korean side of the DMZ.

If every one of Pyongyang's 300-mm multiple rocket launcher systems were directed against Seoul, their range would be sufficient to rain fire across the city and beyond. A single volley could deliver more than 350 metric tons of explosives across the South Korean capital, roughly the same amount of ordnance dropped by 11 B-52 bombers.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 PM

16,601 posts, read 10,752,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I've spent time counting those HARTS. There are too many to take out quickly enough to save Seoul, except by tactical nuclear weapons. That's something we've know for decades, and it hasn't changed.
Surely someone, somewhere, must have developed a plan to deal with those artillery guns in such a way as to save Seoul from complete destruction, even if some amount of damage is inevitable. It's intolerable to me to suggest that there's nothing that can be done to save that city in the event of an attack.

Oh, and surely you must realize that it is not a contradiction to say that Kim's artillery is pointing at Seoul AND at US bases. After all, Yongsan Garrison (the headquarters of the U.S. military in Korea) is located in Seoul. And there are several other bases in the metropolitan area as well.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:19 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Like this:

Fairly reasonable for the taxpayer as well: covert transportation to NK, .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge, and military sniper pay.
You volunteering to carry out this mission?

Old 09-25-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Surely someone, somewhere, must have developed a plan to deal with those artillery guns in such a way as to save Seoul from complete destruction, even if some amount of damage is inevitable. It's intolerable to me to suggest that there's nothing that can be done to save that city in the event of an attack.
I didn't say there was "nothing," and in fact I identified what can be done. But that's not a pleasant option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies