Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:48 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Could you show me google earth photos of the political death camps ran by Trump that cuts the legs off from its inmates? Summarily shoots protesters? Jails anyone in disagreement? Starves its population to death to fund the next failed missile experiment?

If you find that charismatic and scholarly, I question your humanity and sanity.
This isn't about USA vs NK. Trump engaged Kim with verbal insults and it backfired. When a clown like Kim can make himself look cool in comparison, it's time to hold that L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 12:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Like this:

Fairly reasonable for the taxpayer as well: covert transportation to NK, .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge, and military sniper pay.
You're short sighted, but then, you're a conservative so that's to be expected.

• Assassinating Un makes assassinations of foreign leaders legal again. Guess which orange guy becomes HIGHLY vulnerable to assassination in the aftermath of such an act!

• Killing Un is no guarantee of a more moderate successor. In fact, the likelihood is that they'll be just as hellbent on furthering their nuclear missile program as Un is.

• The attempt on Un's life will probably fail and the assassin will end up getting caught and spilling the beans about the whole plan...embarrassing the United States in the process.

Wake up dude and turn off the action movies.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:52 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This isn't about USA vs NK. Trump engaged Kim with verbal insults and it backfired. When a clown like Kim can make himself look cool in comparison, it's time to hold that L.
It's just the opposite from the way you see it. It is not about two morons and what they say. It is about two nations, one of which is threatening the entire planet and summarily torturing and killing its citizenry. It's also about one group of people who thinks that is just fine and another that, while not knowing quite what to do about it, is appalled. It is about sadism vs empathy and decency.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:55 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
It's just the opposite from the way you see it. It is not about two morons and what they say. It is about two nations, one of which is threatening the entire planet and summarily torturing and killing its citizenry. It's also about one group of people who thinks that is just fine and another that, while not knowing quite what to do about it, is appalled. It is about sadism vs empathy and decency.

More common sense. Good reply.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:58 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're short sighted, but then, you're a conservative so that's to be expected.

• Assassinating Un makes assassinations of foreign leaders legal again. Guess which orange guy becomes HIGHLY vulnerable to assassination in the aftermath of such an act!

• Killing Un is no guarantee of a more moderate successor. In fact, the likelihood is that they'll be just as hellbent on furthering their nuclear missile program as Un is.

• The attempt on Un's life will probably fail and the assassin will end up getting caught and spilling the beans about the whole plan...embarrassing the United States in the process.

Wake up dude and turn off the action movies.
Number one, I'm not a conservative. Number two, did you notice the photo I posted? Were the snipers US soldiers? Number three, I don't watch action movies--at least not that kind of action. Perhaps you'd care to join me in watching Somewhere in Time sometime...

Old 09-22-2017, 01:01 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Number one, I'm not a conservative. Number two, did you notice the photo I posted? Were the snipers US soldiers? Number three, I don't watch action movies--at least not that kind of action. Perhaps you'd care to join me in watching Somewhere in Time sometime...

Hahahhaaaa,

Old 09-22-2017, 01:07 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
If we had a president who acted with any form of empathy and decency, I would agree with you whole-heartedly. Instead we're at the mercy of two narcissistic idiots and political novices who keep threatening each other expecting the other to blink. John Kelly had his head in his hands during Trump's UN rant, because the situation can barely get any worse.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:07 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Isn't it you leftists who tell the rest of us uniformed folks that the world IS a community? Now it is not? How convenient.

And does it take a policeman to assist a neighbor being tortured? You're sitting by the window gulping diet Coke and woofing Cheetos, watching Rachel Madcow ranting on TV, and you hear the neighbor lady scream. You glance out the window, see an assailant cutting her leg off and then looking at you, screaming "You're wife is next." You give them the finger and go back to watching Rachel. Are you sure the "Robber Baron" is more despicable than you are?
You must be talking about somebody else.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:09 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Could you show me google earth photos of the political death camps ran by Trump that cuts the legs off from its inmates? Summarily shoots protesters? Jails anyone in disagreement? Starves its population to death to fund the next failed missile experiment? Builds huge uninhabited structures funded by money that could feed the starving people?

If you find that charismatic and scholarly, I question your humanity and sanity.
Well, if that's reason enough for you, why shouldn't Trump invade the DPRK right now?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:16 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Let's just admit Kim got the better of Trump and be done with it. By calling Trump a "dotard" which was both scholarly and an epic burn, he proved himself the more charismatic dictator. Stroke Kim's ego over his master wordplay and he should be satisfied. Problem is bruising Trump's ego over Kim getting the better of him will cause him to go full nuclear.

If that's all it took to diffuse the situation, I'd go over there myself and sing love songs to his glory all the live-long day. But that's not all he wants, and anyone with two functioning eyeballs and more than a speck of common sense knows it.

He cares not the least little bit about his own people, else he'd be feeding them instead of making them eat tree bark and torturing them if they don't bow low enough while using the country's resources to fund more missiles. And he obviously doesn't care about his "fellow" Koreans south of the DMZ, or else he wouldn't keep threatening to turn Seoul into a "lake of fire." So what makes anyone think that he can be motivated to goodness if we just try harder, or if Trump stops insulting him?

There is one way, and one way only, that this is going to be resolved, and that's through force. The only real questions that remain are (1) what kind of force will be required; (2) when will it happen; and (3) how many innocent people will have to go down with him?

We have the technological ability to stop this latest nuke test. What we don't have is the political will to use it. But if the test goes off as planned -- and especially if casualties end up including more than some fish -- I suspect we'll find the will. And if there's one thing that the history of America's more successful wars has proven, when there's a will, there's a way. But the outcome won't be pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies