Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:10 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,032,528 times

Advertisements

I was watching the news at 3 am ,Eastern Standard Time, and saw what had happened as it was unfolding. The private videos being reported showed a large group of people pointing to the Mandalay Bay window and you could see the flash from the gun while he was shooting.

During the day there was some off duty cop walking through the Mandalay Bay saying how they didnt know where the shots were coming from because the guy was firing backed away from the window.

It was clear as day where the shots were coming from and a security guy was shot while it was happening. Right from day one the cover up began.

Now it's on to the next big story. I am sick of watching news stories about how to diet or any other mundan topic when our society is falling apart.

This thread should get sticked until we get answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,016 times
I was in Vegas recently discussing the story with family. It is very strange that it just quietly went away.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:18 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,098,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I was watching the news at 3 am ,Eastern Standard Time, and saw what had happened as it was unfolding. The private videos being reported showed a large group of people pointing to the Mandalay Bay window and you could see the flash from the gun while he was shooting.

During the day there was some off duty cop walking through the Mandalay Bay saying how they didnt know where the shots were coming from because the guy was firing backed away from the window.

It was clear as day where the shots were coming from and a security guy was shot while it was happening. Right from day one the cover up began.

Now it's on to the next big story. I am sick of watching news stories about how to diet or any other mundan topic when our society is falling apart.

This thread should get sticked until we get answers.
I like that idea.

Truth be told, I had actually forgot about the shooting. With holidays, work, and the media's obsession with Trump, this story has completely fallen off the radar.

Greatest mass shooting in modern American history, and months later we the public still know very little.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I like that idea.

Truth be told, I had actually forgot about the shooting. With holidays, work, and the media's obsession with Trump, this story has completely fallen off the radar.

Greatest mass shooting in modern American history, and months later we the public still know very little.
You can bet Vegas wants to keep it that way also.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:14 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,841,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Old 01-05-2018, 12:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,385,371 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!
Las Vegas would certainly like to be rid of it. But that requires some formal report. And it is not going to go away for some years. Extensive litigation against MGM is certain...and it will be interesting as MGM claims that there is nothing they could do to prevent such an unlikely happening.

The local newspaper is the RJ which is owned by the Adelson family who are no friends of MGM. They continue to run a regular section on the shooting and will likely continue to do so.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:18 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,098,209 times
Quote:
That would not surprise me in the slightest.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:38 PM

+Here is how Las Vegas is keeping it quiet...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...-before-Oct-1/

Old 01-06-2018, 06:25 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,405,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
+Here is how Las Vegas is keeping it quiet...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...-before-Oct-1/
We are talking about national coverage, not just local.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We are talking about national coverage, not just local.
The last sequence was about Las Vegas coverage which continues contrary to the beliefs expressed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies