Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 10:35 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
The guys that want guns.
How is this done? Any doctor? Gov approved, appointed? Written note, taken to some gov organization? Gov run mental check facility?
When is it done
At point of purchase? Once? Every time? Preemptively? Yearly, Government licensing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The response will be , of course, that their rights are being violated by them having to pay a fee built in to the purchase to prove they aren't mentally unstable.

The bottom line was that any calls from the gun crowd to work on the mental issues and leave the normal law abiding citizens alone was a smoke screen. As soon as you actually start in that direction, the howls of how their rights are being violated will start up in high pitch and volume.
A pop gov fee already already exists in FFL fees.

The rest of your comment reads like a petulant child that would rather whine than discuss.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
I wonder if anyone can sum up what to conclude here...

Ha!

I am reminded of the futility about going back-and-forth about this too, but for anyone who thinks any further consideration is worth while, I started a thread some time back with an article that pretty well sums up what I have concluded about gun control.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...k-fix-gun.html

With that, I think I'll go back to avoiding gun threads...

Old 10-08-2017, 10:46 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
A pop gov fee already already exists in FFL fees.

The rest of your comment reads like a petulant child that would rather whine than discuss.

Oh , I am just pursuing a line of thought brought up by the gun crowd.

"Why don't you guys ever do something about the crazy people and leave us law abiding citizens alone!"

So what happens when this gets discussed? Whining, from your side. So spare me the accusations that the side trying to talk rationally about dealing with mental issues and gun ownership are whining. Its BS, and you know it. There are no bigger whiners and complainers than the gun crowd. You guys are the epitome of a petulant little child throwing a temper tantrum every time someone suggests controlling your toys so that innocent people quit getting killed.

So stick your pacifier back in, go take a little nappy, and let the adults discuss.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:48 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts

some interesting stats and graphs regarding gun violence in America vs other places.

IMO we need stricter gun laws. What we have right now isn't working and the amount of gun deaths is staggering.
We have Laws a on the books already. The Criminal of Chicago and LA are the problem here.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:50 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We have Laws a on the books already. The Criminal of Chicago and LA are the problem here.

What crimes did the Vegas shooter, the Orlando shooter, and the Aurora shooter commit before they went in and shot up the place?

Please enlighten us.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:51 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
How is this done? Any doctor? Gov approved, appointed? Written note, taken to some gov organization? Gov run mental check facility?
When is it done
At point of purchase? Once? Every time? Preemptively? Yearly, Government licensing?
A mental exam to determine what, exactly? The doctors can't define these things.
For a good example of how questions to determine the mental state of some one, go see Blade Runner, the original. I understand there is an interview in the new one also, but I haven't seen it yet.
It would take hundreds of carefully crafted questions to detect a mental case like the nut in LV.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:52 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
What crimes did the Vegas shooter, the Orlando shooter, and the Aurora shooter commit before they went in and shot up the place?

Please enlighten us.
Careful. You are making the point that laws don't protect us from people determined to commit criminal acts. Even those with no criminal history.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Oh , I am just pursuing a line of thought brought up by the gun crowd.

"Why don't you guys ever do something about the crazy people and leave us law abiding citizens alone!"

So what happens when this gets discussed? Whining, from your side. So spare me the accusations that the side trying to talk rationally about dealing with mental issues and gun ownership are whining. Its BS, and you know it. There are no bigger whiners and complainers than the gun crowd. You guys are the epitome of a petulant little child throwing a temper tantrum every time someone suggests controlling your toys so that innocent people quit getting killed.

So stick your pacifier back in, go take a little nappy, and let the adults discuss.
You are a fool and a liar if you purport to address entire groups of people with your statements. Not to mention unbelievably immature and needlessly insulting. It hinders your argument immensely.
As far as my participation in the discussion, and, how did you put it?: "stick your pacifier back in, go take a little nappy, and let the adults discuss". That doesnt sound very "adult".

I guarantee you I have more experience and credentials regarding the topic than you and I am actually interested in how a program such as Magritte mentioned could be implemented.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:11 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:

Please enlighten us.
We Live in a free sociality and we have what we call "Free Will". No law could of prevented this and if you think regulating firearms to a point of burdensome is actually against the 2nd amendment and a Judge has slapped CA and New York on their restrictive gun laws.

However there is a push from the Left and outside forces ,like Isa to force the US into a less free society. In both cases these were home grown Terrorist that would go to any length legal or not, to do their evil deeds.

Bottom line no matter how one regulates gun laws , no one can control the crazies when they decide to commit these hennas crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies