Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
That you will equate the accident deaths of kids with the mass shootings of people to defend the right to own a semi says all that needs said about the gun nut mindset.
Hey, you seem to only care about them when a bullet is involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Great response. Of course you have nothing to offer.

Only that you seem to be a bit paranoid. I do fine with a 12 gauge leaning in the corner. You seem, well, very fearful of society.

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
However, there is no swimming pool that I know of with it's principle designed intention to kill children. Nor has there ever likely been the purchase of any swimming pool with the intent it should have the capacity to inflict harm or death upon another sentient being, whether for the purpose of self protection or hunting.

This is fun.
That’s a pretty interesting observation. Something not designed to kill somehow kills more children than something designed to kill.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hey, you seem to only care about them when a bullet is involved.

I differentiate between accidents and deliberate mass shootings . Strange, I know, but then I have no need to do mental gymnastics to defend innocents dying at the hands of crazy people.

Its late, and I no doubt will get to hear your same excuses when discussing the next mass shooting. Until then....

Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How does that stop anyone from getting dozens of them?
Do our laws against cocaine stop people from getting cocaine?
Seriously, do you believe a law would have stopped him from acquiring these weapons?
But what if BATF agents came around and visited his family and asked if they were aware he had recently purchased ten rifles and 5,000 rounds of ammunition? Would they have questioned him and consulted someone? That often happens with addicts.
That's of course, an unknowable issue.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I differentiate between accidents and deliberate mass shootings . Strange, I know, but then I have no need to do mental gymnastics to defend innocents dying at the hands of crazy people.
Right deliberate mass murder has a murderer pulling the trigger, but why do you focus on guns?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
But what if BATF agents came around and visited his family and asked if they were aware he had recently purchased ten rifles and 5,000 rounds of ammunition? Would they have questioned him and consulted someone? That often happens with addicts.
That's of course, an unknowable issue.
What exactly is wrong with owning or buying legally 10 rifles (or even dozens) and 5,000 or more rounds of ammunition? What number constitutes over the line in your opinion?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
As a gun owner what would it take for you guys to seriously consider some type of gun control compromise? At this point you're not even willing to give a little in regards to your rights?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
soph·ist·ry
ˈsäfəstrē
noun
the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.

Stop with the "some" liberals line. If you are a liberal, and continue to be a liberal even though you don't agree with liberal policies, then you are part of the problem. Similar to how all conservatives are apparntly held responsible for White Supremacists, all liberals need to take responsibility for the train wreck that they have turned and are turning our society into. And if you dare to ask "what train wreck," take a look at Detroit, Washington D.C., Chicago, coastal California, or anywhere else that liberal/progressive politics are the norm. Every single one of them is a train wreck, and 90%+ of the blame can be laid at the door of "liberals".
Truth too hard for you?
Clue 2: Not all Liberals are Democrats.
I never claimed that Cons are responsible for White Supremacists, so fail...again
The Train Wreck is Nation Wide.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
As a gun owner what would it take for you guys to seriously consider some type of gun control compromise? At this point you're not even willing to give a little in regards to your rights?
Until guns run out of homes and start killing people, there isn't too much to talk about.

Not a single law would prevent a person from acquiring a gun and go on a killing streak.

"Hey, how about we pass a law that people cant rob banks. There would be no bank robberies."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies