Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:55 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,148,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Oh there is plenty of diversity. Two close friends are on the opposite side as well as my parents. It does get quite lively from time to time.
Two people out of your friends, coworkers, neighbors, family = diversity

LOL, OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM

276 posts, read 179,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Console1 View Post
So according to gun control advocates, right now, the government has a fool in office that shouldn't be trusted, but we gotta let this fool take our guns so he can protect us; even though he's incompetent. The cops and military are labeled racist, but only they can have guns to protect us, for when a shooter illegally obtains a gun, and fires it in a gun-free zone. Law abiding citizens who follow the law are NOT to be trusted with guns because they can harm others; despite them being lawful citizens, and murder/violence already being illegal.

Is that right?
Yes, that's all correct.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:15 PM

276 posts, read 179,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You don't seem to have even the vaguest grasp of what is being proposed in the area of
firearm regulation. This is why we believe your friends and the TV/media personalities you watch are lying to you. Do you ever wonder why they would need to lie if their points are valid?
We already know. We see it every few yeara. Law abiding citizens get hassled farther while the gangbangers still get their $30 throw away guns to do drivebys with. Get rid of the people commiting crime and "gun crime" would be less than switzerland. The problem is our revolving door justice system which is clogged up with petty drug users while violent people get released back to society to commit worse crimes. What we need is CRIMINAL CONTROL!

Old 10-03-2017, 06:36 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,264,243 times
Propaganda and ratcheting up the inciteful hate words I hear all the time on CNN and MSNBC , the spread the hate network is the problem.. the people are losing it... we had a congressmen almost lose his life and that guy was all about killing some Republicans.. gee, could it be the liberal hate networks spoon fed him some emotional hate daily!!!!

Old 10-03-2017, 06:48 PM

29,839 posts, read 14,886,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Two people out of your friends, coworkers, neighbors, family = diversity

LOL, OK
Not sure i said anything about my neighbors or coworkers. Taking those into consideration, there is plenty of diversity, and i end up in the minority.
Not too many debates happen with neighbors or coworkers. Life goes on pretty much with no issues. So, i guess i'm trying to figure out what kind of point you are trying to make.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:45 PM

21,532 posts, read 10,662,244 times
Quote:
Oh, you mean, the next time someone uses a truck to mow down over 100 and kill over 80?
Beat me to it.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:54 PM

858 posts, read 710,387 times
no one says you cant have a gun but everyone should be saying that certain guns have no place. there is 0 reason to have the semi automatic guns that can be converted to full auto. people say its not the gun but the person yet i sawly that if this guy was in the same room with only a handgun then 59 people are not dead. from everything i read, these guns were purchased legally but with the amount of guns he had and the amount of ammo, how does that not trigger some type of flag for investigation? i mean...you deposit more than 10000 in the bank and the IRS is notified butsome can amass an arsenal and no one can question it? it makes no sense

Old 10-03-2017, 08:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,632,084 times
Quote:
So according to gun control advocates, right now, the government has a fool in office that shouldn't be trusted, but we gotta let this fool take our guns so he can protect us; even though he's incompetent. The cops and military are labeled racist, but only they can have guns to protect us, for when a shooter illegally obtains a gun, and fires it in a gun-free zone. Law abiding citizens who follow the law are NOT to be trusted with guns because they can harm others; despite them being lawful citizens, and murder/violence already being illegal.

Is that right?
LOL. If we don’t have military powered guns, how do we fight the Fascists?

Old 10-03-2017, 08:34 PM

45,359 posts, read 26,624,629 times
Its not a debate, they want to force us to accept a black market for guns, criminalize our abilty to defend ourselves and give would be killers the upper hand.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:15 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,307,928 times
= = THE LOSS OF ONE LIFE IS ONE TOO MANY = =
WE MUST BAN THE AUTOMOBILE AND SAVE LIVES !!!!
I strongly urge a return to electric traction rail mass transit, urban and interurban, and get that ASSAULT VEHICLE off our streets.
The convenience of the automobile is not worth the loss of ONE LIFE.
Let’s get America BACK ON TRACK.
. . .
Oops - wrong post.
My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies