Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 PM

23,860 posts, read 24,186,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I'm a gun owner who carries a gun and supports gun regulation. I don't want to take away guns from sane law abiding people.

Don't think cops or the military are racist. I agree that Trump is an imbecile, but that doesn't mean congress can't pass sensible gun laws.

I don't mind going through background checks when I buy a guy, even from private sellers, I don't mind registering my gun, and I don't mind going through training, hell I'm grateful I had the training and practice (over 40 hours so far) try to go at least once a month.
I'll bet you'd have a completely different take if they wanted to place the same restrictions on your ability to exercise your 1st Amendment rights.

And before you say it's not a valid comparison, I'll tell you why it is.

First of all, words are dangerous. That's what we're hearing from all the snowflakes, right? They're having to respond to words with violence because words are dangerous. Of course, their perception is completely screwed up, and the things they call "dangerous" are really just different opinions than theirs, but their premise is actually sound. Words have done far more harm throughout history than guns have. Words are what led to all the shooting. Still not convinced? Consider this: Chuckie Manson is spending a lifetime behind bars for murder, but he never killed anyone. Words. Ready to apply for your "License to Speak Online"? There's just a small, $140 non-refundable application fee. But you don't mind, do you? After all, it's for your own protection. And the annual renewal is only $120! A bargain!

Second, these are your rights. NEVER, EVER willingly accept an infringement of your rights. Doing so is straight-up stupid. Once gone, they NEVER come back.

Third, and this is really important, ALL of the rights recognized (notice I wrote "recognized" and not "granted") in the Bill of Rights are of equal importance. You should care about protecting them all equally. If you don't, see my last point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 05:12 AM

59,441 posts, read 27,603,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Like the thoughts and rhetoric that you are spewing out really helps an intelligent conversation about common sense gun measures.

Maybe, like someone else mentioned, the Second Amendment needs to be abolished, just like the Electoral college; both Amendments are way out of date.

The NRA needs to be investigated by the FBI and CIA. That organization is full of hypocrites; they are not for teaching gun safety, they are a huge business, raking in tons of money through gun manufactures. And, putting congressmen and women that are supposed to be doing the business of the American people in office, helping with the contribution of killing innocent people. So many hypocrites; boggles the mind.
" really helps an intelligent conversation about common sense gun measures."

I ave yet to read any thing "intelligent" form anti-gunners or read ANY "common" sense from anti-gunners.

What I have found is thst MOST anti-gunners know very LITTLE about guns yet act like they are experts.

They know VERY little about the existing laws and their lack of affect, yet want to pass more useless laws.

Like the thoughts and rhetoric that the anti-gunners are spewing out.

Just like, "The NRA needs to be investigated by the FBI and CIA. That organization is full of hypocrites "

It is OBVIOUS you fall right into with what I am saying.

Do you even KNOW who Eagle Eddy is?

"the Second Amendment needs to be abolished, just like the Electoral college; both Amendments are way out of date."

If you think so many agree with you there is a way to do it.

It is called the "amendment" process.

Why is it we here what you are saying from so many on here,and yet, where is YOUR actions to achieve it.

What are you afraid of?

"So many hypocrites; boggles the mind. "Pot, meet kettle!"

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-11-2017 at 05:22 AM..

Old 10-11-2017, 05:18 AM

59,441 posts, read 27,603,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
People are literally stock piling ammo here before the ammo ban next July. Some want to make sure they have a life time supply without having to buy more. So no, it's no red flag when the Govt forces you to take action like they have in so many States.
"People are literally stock piling ammo here before the ammo ban next July."

People started way back when Bill Clinton FIRST started talking about his so called "assault weapon" ban.

It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to find ammo when Obama talked about re-instituting the so called "assault Weapons ban.

Many anti-gunners are very liberal and talk about "helping" the poor.

Due to silly gun laws the "poor" could no longer afford to buy a gun, legally.

The price of guns has gone through the roof ever since Bill Clinton started talking about guns.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:35 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,616,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Console1 View Post
By my television? Oh. Time to turn it off then.
TV? Are you serious? TV doesn't even portray their own front yard (NYC, Wash DC, Hollywood/L.A.) with any accuracy worth speaking of! I suppose all of L.A. (or at least the beaches and the West Side are where nonstop action and excitement are no more than a hard soccer ball kick away). Or that Anaheim is like Disneyworld or a Disney Channel show, too. No? Then how the hell can you trust what TV says about anything at all? That's actually why I seriously cut down on TV watching a generation ago and ditched my TV set entirely 10 years ago. Why spend your time watching B.S. when there's more productive and enriching things you can do with it?

Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Console1 View Post
So according to gun control advocates, right now, the government has a fool in office that shouldn't be trusted, but we gotta let this fool take our guns so he can protect us; even though he's incompetent. The cops and military are labeled racist, but only they can have guns to protect us, for when a shooter illegally obtains a gun, and fires it in a gun-free zone. Law abiding citizens who follow the law are NOT to be trusted with guns because they can harm others; despite them being lawful citizens, and murder/violence already being illegal.

Is that right?
When only the government and criminals have guns, none of us are safe.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:32 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,350,009 times
Well think about it. If Rep. Steve Scalise comes out against gun control, he for sure won't be in Congress as a Republican. He had to say that even if he didn't believe it if only for the sake of maintaining support from his constituents.

There are enough gun control laws on the books.

Folks, especially the criminal element, can and will get guns in spite of all the best efforts to stop them from doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies