Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 11:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness if Trump has lost Fox, the propaganda wing of the Republican party, he truly is doomed to failure.

Well, he probably still has Bannon and Alex Jones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Of course, I forgot. After one poll miss that means from now on every single poll will always be wrong, forever. Yeah you hang on to that.
I don't understand why Trump supporters still cling to the false belief that the polls were wrong. They weren't. Hillary won the popular vote and won it by a decent margin. Trump simply happened to get enough votes in just the right places to win the electoral college. It was a fluke.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:15 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
One cannot objectively say that Trump's time in office has been a success. His approval ratings are low, he has a very poor relationship with Congress, he has no major accomplishments and he is dogged by an FBI investigation.
Are you saying he's actually Obama in a Cheeto costume?

Old 10-16-2017, 11:33 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Fox News is just doing what it does, protecting the GOP brand image. They are going to try to put an increasing amount of distance between Trump's failures and the Republican Party.
We all knew it would come, just when was the question.

With 2018 only a year away and Trump's administration an absolute disaster, the Rs are finding themselves trapped within a maze of bad choices.

I dont see any good way out for the Rs. They never expected Trump to win and had planned to simply roar and shout at Hillary for four years.
If they lose in 2018, they will have a Trump impeachment that will make 2020 hell for them. and if they win they are stuck being responsible for Trump's crazy leadership.

The Trump attacks on ACA will come home to roost before 2020, the worst thing for the Rs is to have these 3 branches for 4 years and have nobody to blame but themselves.

By 2020 election even the childish trumpty folk will find it hard to believe "hillary did it"....

Old 10-16-2017, 11:39 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Wouldn't be the first regular Fox contributor I have seen condemn Trump.
It's a cable news outlet. Why would anyone watch ANY cable news outlet is beyond me.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:40 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Who are you going to believe Fox or your own eyes? I think the dark forces told Mr. Trump sit down, and don’t mess anything up until we get this thing sorted out. You ever notice whenever he says he is going to do something he also adds in a “maybe notâ€, “I hope†or If congress…,

Old 10-16-2017, 11:41 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't understand why Trump supporters still cling to the false belief that the polls were wrong. They weren't. Hillary won the popular vote and won it by a decent margin. Trump simply happened to get enough votes in just the right places to win the electoral college. It was a fluke.
it makes them feel good.

the absolute margin of error in the 2016 election was lower than 2012. But the 2012 while a bigger error still came out with the predicted winner...

but most trumpers can't or pretend not to understand that.

538 covered this on NOV 4th 2016.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ehind-clinton/

and here again we see 538 discussing again near the end of Oct that it was not a done deal at all.
one can see from their story that trump would have won one out of five times just BEFORE COMEY's shall we say "actions"...
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-and-thats-ok/

Old 10-16-2017, 11:46 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Why five blank paragraphs between your short sentences? It doesn't matter if Williams is liberal or not. What he wrote is true and spot on.
You think it is true, many will not agree with you, so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

When has Juan Williams, Panamanian born, ever been FOR Trump?

You guys certainly are grasping at straws these days.
I am telling you, the resistance is on a death spin with the topics here lately. I think they must get a daily list, some have to be reluctant to even post it, but it is for the cause!

We knew many would be resistant to Trump trying to return the government to the people and put America First.

My husband used to watch that Fox 5 with Juan Williams. Drove me crazy, but Juan had the most lame arguments that I always thought he was just paid to be the "devil's advocate" and his heart wasn't in what he was saying.

Everyone tried to get their dig against Trump in, puts their name in the news. I have noticed this with the aging actors, reporters and politicians. Narcissists rarely do well with accepting aging and being less popular.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:47 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,603 times
FOX is becoming just as clueless as CNN
MAGA

Old 10-16-2017, 11:48 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it makes them feel good.

the absolute margin of error in the 2016 election was lower than 2012.
Nope. Trump won 50% more states than Hillary. It's was a YUGE landslide as Hillary's Blue Wall collapsed. In 2020 he will command an even greater lead.

But I'll be fair to you. Tell us which Democrat will change this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies