Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:57 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times

Advertisements

she'll announce by the end of the month! Hillary/Weiner 2020!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 08:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I thought it was funny.

But I also don't think she will run again.

The Dems need a new, younger, more charismatic person to run. I'd honestly like to see Joe Kennedy III run or Corey Booker or some other fresh, new Dem face.

I think a Dem with the charisma of Obama could easily beat Trump. Hillary doesn't have a great personality and that along with her being associated so much with politics for over the last 30-40 years is why she lost. Obama was a newcomer. So was Trump. The Dems need someone "newer" who is charismatic.

ETA: I also think our Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown would be a great candidate for president to run due to being from a battleground state and middle America in particular. He was one of a few representatives in Congress who voted against the Iraq war as well - something Hillary did vote for.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:48 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I didn't vote for either of them.

Trump is sitting in the Oval

Hillary isn't.

Hillary got more votes.....but she didn't beat him.

As Waldo would say, the office Trump sits in every day he is in DC 'speaks for itself'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Excuse me?

Who's president? Trump or Hillary?

You're welcome.
Yes, he is president. Yes, he should move on because he 'won' the presidency.

He can't, though. He can't let go of the fact that Clinton won the popular vote. He doesn't like it when he doesn't win something, when he's not the 'best' at everything he touches. His inflated sense of his own importance can't let the matter rest.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Yes, he is president. Yes, he should move on because he 'won' the presidency.

He can't, though. He can't let go of the fact that Clinton won the popular vote. He doesn't like it when he doesn't win something, when he's not the 'best' at everything he touches. His inflated sense of his own importance can't let the matter rest.

Stop with the "Popular Vote" thing. It is meaningless, and Trump knows that. He won based on the popular vote in each state to win the Electoral College votes in each state. State's elect Presidents.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I thought it was funny.

But I also don't think she will run again.

The Dems need a new, younger, more charismatic person to run. I'd honestly like to see Joe Kennedy III run or Corey Booker or some other fresh, new Dem face.

I think a Dem with the charisma of Obama could easily beat Trump. Hillary doesn't have a great personality and that along with her being associated so much with politics for over the last 30-40 years is why she lost. Obama was a newcomer. So was Trump. The Dems need someone "newer" who is charismatic.

ETA: I also think our Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown would be a great candidate for president to run due to being from a battleground state and middle America in particular. He was one of a few representatives in Congress who voted against the Iraq war as well - something Hillary did vote for.
I agree 100% with your description of what they need.

However, I differ in my opinion on what is actually happening.

Hillary is building another warchest.
She has been steadily in the news keeping her name out there opposite Trump.
She controls the DNC still.
Hillary has been meeting with some of the people you mention, care to guess what that conversation is about? "Stay out of my way and you'll get sec. of state", "Get in my way and you'll find yourself facing a tough re-election campaign"

Lastly, I'll just say Nancy Pelosi. Exhibit A as to why the democratic old guard is clinging to power and not letting the fresh faces to sit at the big kids table yet.

The Clintons just have too much power in the DNC and aren't letting go. That's the bottom line.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:13 AM

304 posts, read 160,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Hillary has been meeting with some of the people you mention, care to guess what that conversation is about? "Stay out of my way and you'll get sec. of state", "Get in my way and you'll find yourself facing a tough re-election campaign"

Lastly, I'll just say Nancy Pelosi. Exhibit A as to why the democratic old guard is clinging to power and not letting the fresh faces to sit at the big kids table yet.

The Clintons just have too much power in the DNC and aren't letting go. That's the bottom line.
While you have a point let me just say She had that same attitude in 2008 when a 1st term senator beat her for the nomination.

She might be nothing more than a distraction. Let Trump and crew focus on her and complain and whine and say "but Hillary...crooked Hillary" for the next 4 years then when she is nowhere to be found when the debates and primaries are being scheduled they could (strong emphasis on could) be stuck holding themselves. Then Trump spent 4 years attacking someone who is meaningless.

I still say attacking Clinton now is useless..but attacking Hillary Clinton for the next 4 years (especially if she does not even make an effort to run) will be as effective as the democrats attacking Richard Nixon over Watergate.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:

Bottom line is its your opinion and as such can be totally wrong.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:

On the bold, I would guess she is speaking with them about them running and beating Trump.

Hillary is not some evil DNC demon and she alone does not control the DNC. If that were the case, she would have been president starting in 2009.

I think the Dems are gearing up to get Trump out of office in 2020 and that they are looking to the youngsters and especially those in middle America to get it done. I also agree with other posters that Trump focusing so much on her would give an opportunity to a Democratic to come out on top. Hillary lost in 2008 because of her personality. She could not compete with Obama. There are a lot of Dems who have a bit of that same charisma. I know for a fact that Obama would have trounced Trump if he'd been allowed to run again. It is because of his personality and his way of reaching out to people. Hillary never had and doesn't have what he had which is why she lost. You put a Corey Booker or Joe Kennedy or a Sherrod Brown up against Trump and I highly doubt his a$$holish-ness would win. I also do feel that another republican will challenge him in 2020. I think it will be our governor - Kasich. That's just my opinion but he has also been putting himself out there and contrary to what all these new Trump-ish republicans (who aren't really republicans IMO) believe, Kasich is VERY conservative and he has a nice personality and I think having him only as a challenger to Trump would bring him a primary victory. There were too many in the GOP field in 2016 and that was the main reason why Trump won the primary. Most of the GOP did not vote for him.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:07 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she'll announce by the end of the month! Hillary/Weiner 2020!
Probably the closest she's been to a Weiner in 20 years. I doubt that she'll run again. If she does she'll probably break a toe rather than actually show up for a debate.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:55 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think a Dem with the charisma of Obama could easily beat Trump.
Michelle would make a good VP candidate in 2020. She's only age 54 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies