Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 10:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No he doesn't! For what? He owes her nothing! She owes an apology to Trump and the families of all our fallen heroes for using their death for her political gain. She is disgusting!
Absolutely he does. He outright lied about her speech. And if anyone owes families of fallen heroes an apology it is Trump for using them in a political attack. He owes Obama and Bush apologies. And most of all he owes Kelly one for bringing his son into the political fray.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
If many veterans "don't think Mr. Trump meant anything bad" why not, out of respect to Sgt. La David Johnson & his family, encourage Mr. Trump to clarify what he meant to express to his family?
Exactly. Instead of attacking past Presidents and the congresswoman and denying what he said, all he had to do was clarify what he said, apologize to the widow if she misunderstood and be done with it. But we all know Trump would never apologize.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I don't have much use for Trump but how do you or anyone else know the actual truth of what was said??? Wilson is a nutcase! I've come to believe that people just see what they want to see!
Because the widow said that is what he said and even Kelly agreed in a round about way that this is what Trump said.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly. Instead of attacking past Presidents and the congresswoman and denying what he said, all he had to do was clarify what he said, apologize to the widow if she misunderstood and be done with it. But we all know Trump would never apologize.
Your reply brought this, from the Tao Te Ching, to mind:

Quote:

Failure is an opportunity.
If you blame someone else,
there is no end to the blame.

Therefore the Master
fulfills her own obligations
and corrects her own mistakes.
She does what she needs to do
and demands nothing of others.
Tao Te Ching

Old 10-21-2017, 10:19 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Because the widow said that is what he said and even Kelly agreed in a round about way that this is what Trump said.
It is not the exact dictionary meaning from someone who is no polished political speaker that is important but the intent. In this case the late soldier joined a profession where this outcome was likely. During the election that because of his money he knew that he could have gotten away with what folks like Cosby and Weinstein actually did for decades

Old 10-21-2017, 10:28 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The bottom line is intent.
i agree. i don't believe trump's intention on the call was malicious. my argument is that trump is not competent in handling this task with tact, diplomacy and compassion.

Quote:
I think this whole thing is getting totally blown out of proportion.
true, but the fault on that lies with trump. he has perpetually lied and escalated this situation supplying ample fodder for his critics.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:33 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Fast and Furious - Obama
Uranium One - Obama
Solyndra - Obama
Clinton and Lynch Tarmac meeting - Obama
Illegal Payments of Subsidies to Insurance Companies - Obama
Illegal "Iran Deal" - Obama
Illegal "Paris Deal" - Obama
Unconstitutional "Obamacare" - Obama
Clinton's illegal Private Email server - Obama
Benghazigate - Obama (his Secretary of State failed to secure compound)
Failure to enforce U.S. Laws (immigration, Defense of Marriage just to name two) - Obama
Failure to prosecute voter intimidation by Black Panthers - Obama
IRS targeting of Conservative organizations - Obama
DOJ threatening to prosecute individuals for "hate speech" in violation of the First Amendment. - Obama
Prosecution of Christian owned businesses who were being denied their religious Liberty - Obama

I could go on and on. The list is long.

As I said, most corrupt president in U.S. history, and he quite likely held the office illegally (there is a video floating around the net of him, yes HIM, admitting to a group that it was true, he was born in Kenya).
Nice list.

I'd like to see a list of things Obama had done at the very end of his term, a barrage of events I like to call the Barack Hussein Obama Sabotage Tour.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
(there is a video floating around the net of him, yes HIM, admitting to a group that it was true, he was born in Kenya).
BWAHAHA! please link.

my guess is it's the intentionally edited speech from turkey ( the unedited video is also available. he doesn't say anything close to what you claim )

Old 10-21-2017, 10:59 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Kelly was stunned that Wilson listened in on such a private sensitive call? It seems that Wilson being with the family at the time of the call was not planned and her hearing it was happenstance as the recipient put it on speaker phone. If Kelly was truly concerned about people listening in on such calls, why was he doing so at his end in the WH? It would seem his participation was actually planned.
yep, he questioned why wilson would be listening in on this private call. well...if the president of the united states called me and there were other people in the car or the room i'd put him on speaker phone too so that everyone could hear this call. it's not so strange that she heard the call. if i had friends and relatives in the room they'd hear the call too!

Old 10-21-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Obama admitted on a video that he was indeed born in Kenya, just as his brother and grandmother have always maintained.
neither have made the claim. sarah obama has repeatedly stated that obama was born in hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies