Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times

Advertisements

He should have just played another round of golf and left the phone calls to somebody who cares. I am so sick if hearing excuses for this guy....a worthless piece of crap.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Two questions:

1. Is there a transcript of this call??
not yet.

Quote:
2. What has the widow had to say?
nothing yet but the soldier's mother, who was also in the car and heard the conversation via speakerphone, has confirmed the account.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
....Trump is an outsider. He stepped on a lot of big toes, ....
in this case those toes belong to a soldier's widow, his mother and john kelly.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in this case those toes belong to a soldier's widow, his mother and john kelly.
That is not what I meant.

This is what I meant

I think Donald Trump is not articulate and that gives liberals a chance to twist his words and use it out of context. In their narrative that means Donald Trump took the time out of his busy day in front of a general to pick up the phone and call the widow of a fallen soldier and purposely insult her. Honestly they can't be more stupid than that. I think so many things go through his head before they come out of his mouth it comes out A bit off. What he said is true every soldier does sign up with the prospect of death in defending the country. They go out there and lay their life on the line while we go through our day caught up in our own self interest.

You don't have to like Trump, I don't. (although I voted for him) But if you are honest, you can see Trump is not the only one who politicized a soldier's death.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
U.S. Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Florida is a joke.
maybe, but her account was confirmed by the soldier's mother.

we await the proof trump claims to have.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
More pointless blathering. What does Obama have to do about this? You guys are so obessed about a guy who doesn't even know you exist. Lol. .
Point out leftist stupidity...

Quote:
How am I running with the "lie", when I have already stated I'm waiting for full context? Explain that one. .

Because you continue to put down people who disagree with you, you are in this thread, which the thread title is a lie...

Quote:
I don't need to do anything, no one is making you post in this thread and read the posts. .

Sure you do....it's not o.k. for me to post, but you and your leftist friends can run with a lie...congrats...

Quote:
But you lack, among many other things, any self-control. So instead, you demand everyone post a certain way, because it's hurts your little feelings, instead of just not participating in the thread. .

Truth is not lack of control, your failue is noted.

Quote:
And yeah. Typical Bonespurs supporters. Fake Patriots. Claim NFL players are disrespecting vets and then turn around and disparage a slain solider's family. Nothing new.

This has to be one of the stupidest comparison ever....the left must be proud....

So, you could not finish the "H" word and decided to deflect....

Old 10-19-2017, 09:46 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
He should have just played another round of golf and left the phone calls to somebody who cares. I am so sick if hearing excuses for this guy....a worthless piece of crap.
The notion that Trump is not articulate enough to express what he is actually thinking is so weird.

Why can't he put words to what he is saying?

Does he have aphasia and or a related neurogenic language disorder?

Why are people constantly trying to explain with the POTUS really meant?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
... Fake Patriots. Claim NFL players are disrespecting vets and then turn around and disparage a slain solider's family. Nothing new.
Deplorables are living up to their name.

If the shoe fits.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:53 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I don't think Trump intentionally says stupid things all the time.

He has been pampered, coddled, and lived in a rich mans bubble all his life and has zero clue about being about being an 'average person' financially, or emotionally. His world is just different from everyone else's. He is incapable of relating to anything except praise and money. Empathy for others is non-existent. He has never wanted anything he could not have. His money allows him to surround himself with 'yes men' that never question his words. All of this results in a 'spoiled brat' that never grew up emotionally. If he does not get his way, he throws a temper tantrum. It has always worked for him since he was a child so he never learned how to deal with issues any other way. His vision of himself is a shinning star that rises above everyone else and his method of putting himself there is pointing out just how 'sorry' and despicable everyone else is.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is reminiscent of a child. If something is broken or wrong, its somebody else's fault. He never takes responsibility. If he does not get his way, he whines and complains. Despite his 'exemplary background' his intelligence is questionable simply by looking at his vocabulary, lack of eloquence, lack of general knowledge, undefinable stance on almost any issue, and poor leadership abilities. He garners little respect except by those paid to do so. Though his respect for the 'little man' is non-existent, his respect for women and people of color is even lower.

When you put all this together, he comes off as ignorant and insensitive. Because he is.
Well said.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

you are in this thread, which the thread title is a lie...

You are in this thread, too.

You're free to post whatever you wish, and in whatever threads you wish, but you can't deride someone's post because of the thread it's in, when your post is in the same thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies