Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,815,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep.

"so, you're single now." would also be factually true but not the thing to say to a grieving widow.
Lord yes. I guess we should be grateful he didn't come on to her. Of course a woman being married hasn't stopped him in the past - he still moves on them like a b! Tch.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,296,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct, and with his words both in the phone conversation ( if correct ) and around this event he has shown he is incapable of performing this sensitive task.

i feel for the johnson's but i believe it's fair to put light on the subject so the WH makes the adjustments so this doesn't happen again ( basically not have trump directly call the grieving ).
So who should call? Ivanka, Conjob, Omarosa? Odd, but those surrounding Trump in the WH are all devoid of empathy. Very self-centered group.

The only person in that WH qualified and having the character to do it is Kelly. Why not? He has to do pretty much everything already. He is basically the president. Trump cannot deal with the world leaders. Trump cannot deal with Congress. Trump cannot give press conferences. Trump's polls suck.

Trump is not really needed for or qualified to do anything as president. He should just go play golf (take his family with him) and let Kelly take over. America would breathe a big sigh of relief.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,561,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That's a lie. You are a misinformed LIAR!
Go back and check his history.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Obama never called and the only high profile was the return of a low life army deserter that caused the deaths of a good number of his fellow soldiers. Obama was very high profile with that one.

Someone, somewhere, has a tape recording.
We found ample evidence of Obama’s engagement with families of fallen and wounded warriors.

Obama regularly signed condolence letters to families and said there was "nothing more sobering" in a 2009 speech on Afghanistan.

Pete Souza, former White House photographer, posted a picture of Obama consoling the parents of Jared Monti, a sergeant in Afghanistan who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.

"I also photographed him meeting with hundreds of wounded soldiers, and family members of those killed in action," Souza wrote in the caption.

In 2009, Obama made an unscheduled late-night visit to Dover Air Force Base to receive the remains of 18 U.S. soldiers and drug enforcement agents from Afghanistan and comfort the families of the dead. The news media was only allowed to witness the last transfer off the plane.

In 2010, Gold Star mother Sharon Belkofer met Obama at Fort Drum, and a year later he requested to see her again, as she told the Democratic National Convention in 2016.

Obama visited Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on the day before his inauguration and at least three times as president by 2011.

First Lady Michelle Obama recalled their visits during the first term would last hours "because there would be 25, 50, 75 folks that we’d be seeing, going room to room, many with devastating injuries."

George W. Bush visited wounded troops in Water Reed 16 times, and nine times at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda.
Donald Trump's misleading comments on Obama's calls to fallen soldiers' families | PolitiFact

Old 10-18-2017, 06:34 PM

39,303 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So who should call? Ivanka, Conjob, Omarosa? Odd, but those surrounding Trump in the WH are all devoid of empathy. Very self-centered group.

The only person in that WH qualified and having the character to do it is Kelly. Why not? He has to do pretty much everything already. He is basically the president. Trump cannot deal with the world leaders. Trump cannot deal with Congress. Trump cannot give press conferences. Trump's polls suck.

Trump is not really needed for or qualified to do anything as president. He should just go play golf (take his family with him) and let Kelly take over. America would breathe a big sigh of relief.
Maybe a grief counselor should call, to avoid the drama. In my support group, some ladies are even offended by "I am so sorry for your loss."

Old 10-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Does anyone have a link to Myeshia Johnson talking directly to the press ?
All I can find is some Dem politician and the guy's mother stating what Trump said.
And neither of those two were on the phone with Trump.
Did you ever hear of a speakerphone?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:54 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times
"On Wednesday, the White House said Chief of Staff John Kelly is disgusted "by the way his son’s death has been politicized," failing to address the fact that President Donald Trump brought up the topic.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said she did not know whether the president had spoken with Kelly before mentioning his son's death, in an attempt to deflect from Trump's claim that Obama did not contact the relatives of fallen soldiers."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-kell...234534663.html

Old 10-18-2017, 07:04 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,383,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh don't worry! Trump has PROOF.
Something the Demorats have been in very short supply of. They wouldn't know PROOF if it smacked them in the face like a 2x4.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:08 PM

7,193 posts, read 4,778,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well EDnurse, a.k.a. Jean Dixon, when you have a moment between clairvoyant episodes, perhaps you could tell us what Obama was thinking.

"For the moment you put on that uniform, you have answered a call that at any moment, even in the briefest interaction, may put your life in harm’s way."

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...olice-officers
I don’t give a rat’s a$$ about Obama or Hillary, etc. They’re yesterday’s news. I’m not falling for your pitiful attempt to change the subject.

Clairvoyance my foot. One semester of psychiatric nursing plus years in an ER, helps me identify a Cluster B personality disorder. Simple as that.

I’m aware military personnel are just “casualties” to the POLITICIANS who don’t give a crap and the CIVILIANS who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

That’s why the long military tradition in my family WILL END with my grandchildren. Not one of them will serve in the armed forces. Not one.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:11 PM

587 posts, read 305,789 times
Just more Media Propaganda folks, as already stated trump has proof otherwise.. What cracks me up is how desperate they've become lol

Really grasping a straws now which tells me they have no real news to report .
Perhaps they should get a Twitter account because everything trump has to say can be found there lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies