Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,384,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe a grief counselor should call, to avoid the drama. In my support group, some ladies are even offended by "I am so sorry for your loss."
All I can contribute to this as someone who has dealt with Grieving Family AT the time of the loss of a loved one s.. Those receiving such condolences seem to automatically SENSE the sincerity of it.. Whether it's the tone of the voice or simply feeling sincerity of the messenger!

These were the times, personally, I took days to get over!

I also heard back from these folks I shared such an awful message to because they FELT my sincere sense of loss and thanked me for my support! It was times like that I knew I helped ( not changed what happened) but supported those who had to deal with the Grief of losing a loved one!!!

BTW~~ I would always end up in the Bathroom after such a meeting.. and cry my eyes out.. and always got support from co-workers as they too knew the pain I was experiencing!!

All I can say is .. Those who are unable to reconcile empathy will never ever understand the depth and breadth of such pain.. and for a Country's Leader to LACK that ability will never ever understand the depth of the PAIN his inabilities connect to such emotion HURT those who are Grieving!!

Trump has, his whole life has always been all about him, his ego.. his ability to bully any adversary .. BUT POTUS HE CANNOT get away with what Private Company CEO's could! His whole schtick who as a Business Mann and Deal maker could make things right... Unfortunately His past 40+ year history SHOULD have educated his voters just how he worked.. Unfortunately all DJT's flaws are becoming evident daily++

My hearts and prayers go out to all loss due to military Services... It's voluntary and most evergreen's expect respect ( as does their Families) and NOT to be used and abused in order to Politically make some points against another!!! It's the lowest of the LOW!! But his Cult somehow will find some redeeming factoid ( based on ALT-Right media ) !!!!!

My heart simply breaks for those who has lost a loved one who served their Country... HOWEVER, MY heart BLEEDS for those "Gold STAR" Family's being USE by and for Trump's Political GAMES!!!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,252,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then all trump needs to do is present the proof he claims to have.
Like with a lot of his claims, it would clear everything up right away. Boom. Done. But he doesn't. He doubles down and brings all of the criticism upon himself.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,032,243 times
Quote:
"Relatives of people who died in military service have recounted varied interactions with President Donald Trump in the difficult days and weeks after their loved one's death. Despite Trump's boast that he reaches out personally to all families of the fallen, interviews with families members did not support his claim. Some never heard from him at all, and a few who did came away more upset.

The Associated Press reached out to the families of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president and made contact with about half the families. Of those who would address the question, relatives of nine said they had heard from Trump by phone or mail. Relatives of nine others said they haven't."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/solace-si...233730123.html

Interesting. i'll bet the Media handled those calls with a lot of tact.........

Old 10-18-2017, 07:53 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,497,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
that was a speech at a police graduation ceremony, not a condolence call to a widow.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 PM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
All I can contribute to this as someone who has dealt with Grieving Family AT the time of the loss of a loved one is.. Those receiving such condolences seem to automatically SENSE the sincerity of it.. Whether it's the tone of the voice or simply feeling sincerity of the messenger!

These were the time personally I took days to get over and I also heard back from these folks I shared such an awful message to because they FELT my sincere sense of loss and thanked me for my support! It was times like that I knew I helped ( not changed what happened) but supported those who had to deal with the Grief of losing a loved one!!! BTW~~ I would always end up in the Bathroom after such a meeting.. and cry my eyes out.. and always got support from co-workers as they too knew the pain I was experiencing!!

All I can say is .. Those who are unable to reconcile empathy will never ever understand the depth and breadth of such pain.. and for a Country's Leader to LACK that ability will never ever understand the depth of the PAIN his inabilities connect to such emotion HURT those who are Grieving!!

Trump has, his whole life has always been all about him, his ego.. his ability to bully any adversary .. BUT POTUS HE CANNOT get away with what Private Company CEO's could! His whole schtick who as a Business Mann and Deal maker could make things right... Unfortunately His past 40+ year history SHOULD have educated his voters just how he worked.. Unfortunately all DJT's flaws are becoming evident daily++

My hearts and prayers go out to all loss due to military Services... It's voluntary and most evergreen's expect respect ( as does their Families) and NOT to be used and abused in order to Politically make some points against another!!! It's the lowest of the LOW!! But his Cult somehow will find some redeeming factoid ( based on ALT-Right media ) !!!!!

My heart simply breaks for those who has lost a loved one who served their Country... HOWEVER, MY heart BLEEDS for those "Gold STAR" Family's being USE by and for Trump's Political GAMES!!!
I respect your opinion and I don't doubt your experience.

But the bold, this is not my experience. I lost quite a few loved ones. I don't think I could automatically SENSE the sincerity of the condolences. It took time for me to see a clear picture. I can only speak myself, and I don't speak for anybody else.

Like the other poster said, Trump and that congresswoman need to take a step back, the family needs to be left alone.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:04 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,820,913 times
Quote:
"Relatives of people who died in military service have recounted varied interactions with President Donald Trump in the difficult days and weeks after their loved one's death. Despite Trump's boast that he reaches out personally to all families of the fallen, interviews with families members did not support his claim. Some never heard from him at all, and a few who did came away more upset.

The Associated Press reached out to the families of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president and made contact with about half the families. Of those who would address the question, relatives of nine said they had heard from Trump by phone or mail. Relatives of nine others said they haven't."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/solace-si...233730123.html
This is the most disgusting misuse of "news" credentials I have ever seen in my life. I hope that the "ones who wouldn't address the question" gave them an effing earful.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,497,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This is the most disgusting use of "news" credentials I have ever seen in my life.
this is the can of worms trump has opened up by making false claims.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 PM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
The ONLY people who truly care about these fallen soldiers are their loved ones. NO politician (or SJW) deserve the credit.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,820,913 times
Quote:
Really? Trump made them do this? Give me a break.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 PM

30,636 posts, read 19,347,501 times
Quote:
Shame on the Demonic Rats for politicizing the death of a soldier

Yes, I highly question the policy of us being in the rat infested African continent that Obama backed for 8 years and I hope Trump pulls out of that craphole.

So far, Trump has been the best President in decades...he'll get us out of that POS country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies