Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:15 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,794,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I don't know where you would get an idea like that (corporate fake news media.) Who gave you that line?
They get it from Dear Leader. Cult 45 is the ultimate echo chamber and no fact can penetrate the bubble of willful ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,578,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think that after the death of his son, Biden's heart really wasn't in it. I imagine he might have run had he not had to deal with such personal tragedy.

I heard the NPR interview about Pence today. It is really scary that we have someone in high office who is so much under the power of the Koch brothers. They really do want to control the country for their own benefit.
I heard part of it too. Pence is spineless and a yes man, and as an evangelical Christian he has a good portion of the country who will vote for him and will remain oblivious, or indifferent. to the Koch brothers influence,

Old 10-19-2017, 07:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,619,085 times
Lightbulb "His Public Role is Fawning"

It's clear that this is all that Pence "contributes" in his role as veep.

It's also clear that no one other than tRump would ever have chosen such a compliant lackey to fill that slot. But tRump's weak ego and emotional insecurity demands constant strokes. And Pence is more than willing to oblige since tRump is keeping his political career afloat.

Both utterly lack honesty and integrity.

They're a good match.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,953,583 times
Fawning and repeatedly proclaiming he knew nothing about what went on, it was all a complete surprise to him.

I watched an interview in which he kept repeating that he knew nothing about Flynn, that it was a surprise to him. He inserted this several times, even when there was no reason to. It was as if he wanted people to remember this, so he said it as often as possible.

Alas, as it turned out, he knew about Flynn. Sally Yates had told them that he was compromised some time before Flynn was fired.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:12 AM

35,190 posts, read 31,503,474 times
I never understood the RFRA kerfuffle. I think it is basic common sense.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
On Fresh Air today on NPR, Jane Mayer, a staff writer for the New Yorker, who has conducted a long research into Mike Pence's career, was the guest of host Terry Gross. There were some eye-opening details about Pence's past and present activities, revealed on this program.

Pence was described as having gotten himself in big trouble with many people when he was Governor of Indiana, by promoting and getting religious rights legislation passed. It was said that his re-election as governor was in doubt and he jumped at the chance to be the Vice-Presidential Nominee, as a way to salvage his political career. Mayer said that he has developed a role as "sycophant-in-chief" and that his main public role is fawning. If you're wondering what kind of president Pence might be, there's some insights to be gained from this interview.

Listen to the show here or read the transcript:

Understanding Mike Pence And His Relationship To Trump: 'His Public Role Is Fawning' : NPR
Indiana was about to give the raging homophobe married to 'Mother" the big, fat BOOT.

Lucky for him, he got a job fawning over Trump and licking his boots. Gawd, it's disgusting.

However, he does grovel well.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 PM

3,359 posts, read 1,242,612 times
[quote=PilgrimsProgress;49864506]We feel the same about Soros controlling the Left. He has a track record of destruction around the world. The man is Satan incarnate and I wish he would die soon.[/QUOTE

No comparison. Pence is impending doom.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:38 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,868,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I heard part of it too. Pence is spineless and a yes man, and as an evangelical Christian he has a good portion of the country who will vote for him and will remain oblivious, or indifferent. to the Koch brothers influence,
He's definitely not oblivious or indifferent to the Koch Brothers. He has Koch Brothers written all over him.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,731,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
On Fresh Air today on NPR, Jane Mayer, a staff writer for the New Yorker, who has conducted a long research into Mike Pence's career, was the guest of host Terry Gross. There were some eye-opening details about Pence's past and present activities, revealed on this program.

Pence was described as having gotten himself in big trouble with many people when he was Governor of Indiana, by promoting and getting religious rights legislation passed. It was said that his re-election as governor was in doubt and he jumped at the chance to be the Vice-Presidential Nominee, as a way to salvage his political career. Mayer said that he has developed a role as "sycophant-in-chief" and that his main public role is fawning. If you're wondering what kind of president Pence might be, there's some insights to be gained from this interview.

Listen to the show here or read the transcript:

Understanding Mike Pence And His Relationship To Trump: 'His Public Role Is Fawning' : NPR
Who cares? I don't need to listen to some journalist tell me what to think. I got plenty of smarts I can decide for myself. It's crazy how liberals always need someone else to tell them how to think.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,620,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Who cares? I don't need to listen to some journalist tell me what to think. I got plenty of smarts I can decide for myself. It's crazy how liberals always need someone else to tell them how to think.

So, are you implying that you think that Pence is going to be great and beneficial to our country, as its president? If so, it doesn't seem that you've been applying much critical thinking to your decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies