Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 06:59 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You sound like a damn good officer to me.

Thanks, Lily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I like the comment, lol

Aaron Tipton

I'm still trying to wrap my head around where I fit in with the stereotypes depicted in this article. Prior Air Force, enlisted, college education, yet I am for Trump. I hate to ask the question, but does that put me in the same pigeon hole of the "idiot grunt" that us enlisted are made out to be in this B.S.?

9 Likes

Jim SeeburgerAaron Tipton2d

Same here. But keep in mind, a lot of those "idiot grunt"s are right there with us. And most of them are very sharp indeed.

lol

Thank you for your service, Lily! And I learned a hell of a lot from those "idiot grunts."

Old 10-28-2017, 07:17 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Thank you for your service, Lily! And I learned a hell of a lot from those "idiot grunts."
I am a Marine Corps sister, niece, and girlfriend lol

All my friends are grunts. hehe

Old 10-28-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I am a Marine Corps sister, niece, and girlfriend lol

All my friends are grunts. hehe

Old 10-28-2017, 10:58 PM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Officers and enlisted take a different oath. Look it up. The above is the "enlisted' oath.

Officer Oath (Constitution only)
“I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.â€

Enlisted Oath (POTUS & Constitution)

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.â€

https://citizensagainstproobamamedia...ath-of-office/

BTW I love it when someone who does not know tells me I am wrong when I am one who took the oath.
You're misleading people. Firstly, not only to most (if not all?) officers take an oath of enlistment prior to taking a commissioning oath (for instance, prior to OCS, candidates are sworn into the service as E-5s and take the oath of enlistment . . . the same goes for folks at the service academies and I'm pretty sure that every officer takes a similar route), but you also agree at many different times to follow the law, including the UCMJ, which clearly assert the authority of the president . . . failure for which to follow lawful orders from the president = breaking the law.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:03 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times
Smart people in the military, like smart civilians, know Trump is a crook and fraud, so not exactly surprising results.

Relative education is VERY heavily correlated with Trump approval ratings. The more educated, the lower the approval rating.

It's not nice to say, but you have to be pretty dense or ignorant to think that a bloviating reality TV show star who failed at business, has been a laughingstock his entire career, and who began his Presidential campaign by declaring that Mexicans are "rapists and murderers" would be an good choice for leader of the free world.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:35 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
After the nut shot, upset of a land-slide election by "polls", Dems still don't realize, maybe polls aren't your thing? No?

Old 10-29-2017, 12:41 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
After the nut shot, upset of a land-slide election by "polls", Dems still don't realize, maybe polls aren't your thing? No?
And the above quote is a pretty good example of a Trump cultist. Just parroting nonsense and lies, having nothing to do with the thread topic, and displaying complete ignorance of polling, odds, and logic.

But, at the least, it confirms my previous statement. Trump cultists tend to be fact-, and logic-averse. Military officers, not so much. They would be much less likely to contribute such a silly statement.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:52 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And the above quote is a pretty good example of a Trump cultist. Just parroting nonsense and lies, having nothing to do with the thread topic, and displaying complete ignorance of polling, odds, and logic.

But, at the least, it confirms my previous statement. Trump cultists tend to be fact-, and logic-averse. Military officers, not so much. They would be much less likely to contribute such a silly statement.

Yeah I saw that during the election. Every yard displaying Trump signs and "media polling" reporting 50/50 support in the area. I dunno what crack you're smoking but I want some.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:56 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Polls had Hillary leading Trump by 3 points, and she won by 2.1 points, so they are off by less than 1%, big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies