Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 12:36 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,792,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives

Because, we gained millions of black support and they are working to pin point the common cause and create a solution that maintains as much liberty as possible for all, in an urban metropolitan society. Rural America does not have these problems.
Black Americans are tired of the Democrat run and fueled, killing and crime fields. Fueled by the gangsta rap lifestyle.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,074,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The first step to fix a problem is knowing the problem... if they knew of the problem, there would be no video...
I call BS on this b/c the reason for black players taking a knee during the National Anthem isn't b/c of tendinitis or a sudden ACL injury. There is a problem that can't seem to get fixed.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:40 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,543,670 times
Quote:
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives
Because those things are killing peoole. Poverty increases likely hood of crime. Single parent households, drug use, gang affiliation, dropping out of school all increase the likely hood of living in poverty. To improve the economic outlook for people, attention needs to be on those issues. Currently half the murders in the us are committed by black people. Black people have a high number of births into single parent homes. Part of that is due to culture and part is because the fathers are in jail for committing crimes. This needs to be addressed and the dems aren't addressing it.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,443,129 times
What's a "Black issue"?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:49 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,489,396 times
Quote:
Perhaps that's the problem. To many people, blacks don't seem to want to take care of their own issues, rather they appear not to care, and then don't like it when someone else tries to do something about it.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:52 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,871,636 times
Quote:

Because the Trumpublican party is all about scapegoating and Black Americans are their favorite scapegoat.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,564,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
..Poverty increases likely hood of crime. ... This needs to be addressed and the dems aren't addressing it.
Dems have addressed helping people get out of poverty with programs that allow college to be attainable for poor people as well as middle income and upper income people. Things like student loans and tax credits of $2500/year for all 4 years of college. Education is the great equalizer and it allows people from poor families to get out of poverty and get good jobs.

Dems have addressed it with the focus on keeping birth control accessible. If unwanted children being born to poor single drug addicted mothers is an issue, then removing access to their birth control is NOT the solution. Removing their access to drug addiction programs is NOT the solution. This is the GOP's plan and would make the problem worse, not better.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,605,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Because the Democrats don't and make things worse for them. Should their long standing issues just be ignored? Seems like that's what you want.
Oh please. The only thing you people do is cry about how bad blacks are. That's literally all you people do. Save the crocodile tears for some chump who will believe them.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 PM

73,125 posts, read 62,950,489 times
I think some people who constantly complain about Black people do so to vent their own resentment towards Blacks. I don't see much about "trying to help". It is more about "Black people are a burden on society we don't want them here". Blacks have been looked down on from day one.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:08 PM

45,592 posts, read 61,013,469 times
Are you interested in a real discussion or are you just trolling?

If the former, get ready. If the latter, forget it.

From the quality of the responses so far I'm guessing it's the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies