Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 08:41 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,235,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The first step to fix a problem is knowing the problem... if they knew of the problem, there would be no video...
You know what else would improve racial relations overall? Ditching the idea that every black person should be responsible for the actions of select black people. You want me to grieve with you? No problem. Want me to denounce hoodlums? I'll do that too. But I cannot be in every black person's brain.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 11-29-2017 at 09:29 AM..

Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives
and why are there so many blacks, like the BLM that want everything given to them and think their problems are all created by the cops and the conservatives? It works both ways. NO, not all conservatives are bringing up these issues anymore than all blacks feel picked upon.

Why do atheist think Christian are misinformed or why do elitist think all southerners are uneducated, backwards and racists?

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM

716 posts, read 395,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
...Why do atheist think Christian are misinformed or why do elitist think all southerners are uneducated, backwards and racists?

Regarding Christians, we think they're misinformed due to their claim that “sharia law” is an actual threat to Americans. Or that 43% of Republicans (Christians) said you have to be a Christian to be, “truly American.”. Maybe it's due to screaming their condemnations of homosexuals? Or maybe their prejudiced view of Muslims?

Regarding southerners, it's not just the dreaded 'elites' who know that many are uneducated, backwards and racists. Maybe we think they're uneducated due to the fact that 9 out of the 10 states with the lowest level of education are southern states? Maybe we think they're backwards because the south overwhelmingly voted for the backward racist in the WH?

And racism? I don't believe for a second that anyone is so naïve that they don't understand why racism is more accepted in southern states...

Old 11-29-2017, 12:54 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,395,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and why are there so many blacks, like the BLM that want everything given to them and think their problems are all created by the cops and the conservatives? It works both ways. NO, not all conservatives are bringing up these issues anymore than all blacks feel picked upon.

Why do atheist think Christian are misinformed or why do elitist think all southerners are uneducated, backwards and racists?

Yet once again misinformed about what BLM is.

Black Lives Matter simply is advocating that black people are treated fairly by law enforcement. What's wrong with that?

Tons of statistics to show that it isn't happening. Puh-leez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies