Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 12:38 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
started by a leftist, might i add.
Actually, this thread was started with the intent of figuring out why many conservatives are obsessed with "Black issues". It wasn't to bash Black people. Many people, who happen to not be liberals, came in with the purpose of bashing Blacks.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:40 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, constantly complaining about Black people as a whole and judging Black individuals by the very worst of the population isn't solving anything.

If those problems are affecting society, think about how much worse it's hurting Black people. But I rarely hear that. We only hear "Blacks are a plague on society, they must be kicked out". Not in those exact words, but I suspect this is what some people want.
Who clamors for more group rights? Who marches in the street asking for special group privileges? You have it backward. Conservatives generally believe in judging every person as an individual.

When I meet a Black person, I judge him or her as a unique person. And this is despite the fact that I'm well aware of group differences.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:43 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Actually, this thread was started with the intent of figuring out why many conservatives are obsessed with "Black issues". It wasn't to bash Black people. Many people, who happen to not be liberals, came in with the purpose of bashing Blacks.
I don't see any 'bashing' but clearly the other poster thought that was the intended purpose of the thread.

where do you see this 'bashing'?

Old 10-28-2017, 12:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Who clamors for more group rights? Who marches in the street asking for special group privileges? You have it backward. Conservatives generally believe in judging every person as an individual.

When I meet a Black person, I judge him or her as a unique person. And this is despite the fact that I'm well aware of group differences.
Conservatives “generally believe” in judging people as individuals? LMAO!! Yeah, that’s what I’ve noticed about you conservative CD posters. You always judge people based on their individual traits.

What march in the streets for special group privileges? When was that? It’s a “special group privilege” to demand equal justice under the law?

What “group rights” is there a clamoring for, according to your claim?

Old 10-28-2017, 12:47 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post

So what if Blacks are more likely to march and protest? I don't care. Truth is, Blacks aren't marching for "more rights". You see many people marching to address alot of disparities. Other than that, why does it bother you?

I have it backwards? Look at the threads on this forum that start out with "Why do Blacks",...... It isn't liberals coming here constantly complaining about Black people. I see more conservatives doing this. I am more likely to see conservatives admitting to judging Blacks differently from Whites. This is stuff I have seen here on CD and in real life. I'm not say all conservatives are like that. I am simply stating whom I am more likely to hear such things from.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:56 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They are so concerned because for the last 8 years under Obama if they even blinked at him they were accused of being a racist so now they are busy trying to change that image by over compensating when it comes to black peoples issues.
Bingo! They are trying to correct the image the left is pushing down everyone's throats. I even have an occasional white stranger give me the over the top greeting. I know they are just trying to overcome the Nazi racist stereotypes the left pushes about them.

Meanwhile, I'm trying hard to make sure they know I don't think they're racist just for being white and I'm not an angry black liberal, nor will I be making a scene or breaking any windows. It's a delicate dance. lol

It's utterly ridiculous. I'm so tired of the rhetoric and wish to just live my life like I use to pre-sensitive people.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:31 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,143 times
Quote:
Well, spewing racist nazi at people will eventually create an opposition. The fringe on both sides is growing.

We have always had a fringe element we ignored as a country but we seem to be ruled by the fringe these days. Hopefully, we stop giving these topics so much credibility. But, fear and anger seem to be a guarantor of attention.

Extremists aren't good people to go to for advice. The media does this for sensationalism. Stop watching t.v. and get outside. Most regular folks aren't obsessed with these topics and don't fit these stereotypes.

That black girl you see at the grocery store isn't in a gang in the hood with six welfare babies and that white person isn't a toothless racist from the Ozarks. The media just seems hyped on focusing on these extremes for ratings.
Most of us are just your average American trying to make a good life for ourselves and enjoy our families and friends. That's it. We all care about those less fortunate in some way or another and try and do our share.

Republicans aren't focused on these hot-button issues any more than Democrats. They'll all try and collect votes. Doesn't matter who you are as long as you have a pulse and can vote. They just see the crime in black hoods a hot topic right now becuz its all the media is talking about. It'll change soon and then they'll talk about the new hot topic. It gets pretty gross watching these people act like a school of sharks in a kiddy pool but hey, American news is pretty gaudy.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:01 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,653 times
Quote:
So what if Blacks are more likely to march and protest? I don't care. Truth is, Blacks aren't marching for "more rights". You see many people marching to address alot of disparities. Other than that, why does it bother you?

I have it backwards? Look at the threads on this forum that start out with "Why do Blacks",...... It isn't liberals coming here constantly complaining about Black people. I see more conservatives doing this. I am more likely to see conservatives admitting to judging Blacks differently from Whites. This is stuff I have seen here on CD and in real life. I'm not say all conservatives are like that. I am simply stating whom I am more likely to hear such things from.
Blacks already have equal rights. The idea that you don't is false. Blacks march to address disparities but the solutions asked for almost involve more set-asides or demanding law enforcement to ignore high levels of Black criminality. Blacks are already less likely to be shot, stopped or searched than White people when the levels of criminality are taken into account. It only seems like Blacks are being treated unfairly if you are unaware of how much crime is committed by Blacks. This is the reason that those statistics are constantly brought up. You have one side saying that Blacks are being treated unfairly and making a huge national issue when it's not even true.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 PM

1,289 posts, read 937,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's a tic

Old 10-28-2017, 03:33 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
How is complaining about BET, Black colleges, or Black History month going to improve anyones life?
Maybe because any group's adverse behavior is an enormous cost to taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies