Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 07:46 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I read your post. it basically said black folks are a product of history. Did it not? Where in their did it say people are responsible for their own actions?
No. I was saying Blacks have always been in worse shape than anyone else. What we are seeing today is nothing new. I never said people aren't responsible for themselves. I said things have ALWAYS been this bad, as a response to why someone asked why Blacks have lower incomes, higher crimes rates,etc. I am saying this has been the case for ages. My point was this. Blacks have always had it bad from day one. Treated worse than anyone else. Living in worse conditions than anyone else. What we see with the crime, and other problems is just a continuation what has always been. It is what it is.

No, there is no excuse for committing crime. I'm saying what we see now, it's been this way forever. I'm the first person to say, if you're a criminal, you should be locked up. I'm also putting this into account. The way Blacks have historically been socialized in America, I'm surprised there aren't more Black criminals. It is amazing that there are more accomplishments by Black people pre-1960.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pretty ugly, divisive...even racist thread full of strawman attacks.
Yep and they're boastful of their ignorance and hate.(That's white trash for you they need to feel like they're above black people because of their low self-esteem)

Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Because we care, especially those of us who live in majority black cities. Left wing policies have been proven to be failures and the people most harmed are those that live in big cities, who are mostly black. But there are white people like me who live in big cities too. We all have an interest in making black Americans successful.
Where have right wing policies proved to be successful at pulling black people out of poverty? How long has Mississippi been a red state? That is a good case study of the success of Republican policies on blacks, given the large rural poor black population in Mississippi, that you cannot blame on URBAN democrats.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Where have right wing policies proved to be successful at pulling black people out of poverty? How long has Mississippi been a red state? That is a good case study of the success of Republican policies on blacks, given the large rural poor black population in Mississippi, that you cannot blame on URBAN democrats.
Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas. I wouldn't want to live in those states. Interestingly, the states with the highest per-capita incomes for Blacks are: Hawaii, Maryland, Colorado, New Hampshire, Alaska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Vermont, Massachusetts, Delaware. Most of those states are blue states.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:24 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's a "Black issue"?
Last time I had a fender bender, I took my car to a discount auto body shop.

When they were done, the fender didn't quite match the shade of metallic black on the rest of the car.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Last time I had a fender bender, I took my car to a discount auto body shop.

When they were done, the fender didn't quite match the shade of metallic black on the rest of the car.
What is the point?

Old 10-27-2017, 10:46 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What is the point?
Exactly.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:08 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The first step to fix a problem is knowing the problem... if they knew of the problem, there would be no video...
Exactly right. So why do conservatives always try to deflect, or blame the victim.

NFL: They make it about disrespecting the flag, instead of the problem that was stated.
Charlottesville: They make it about the peaceful protesters being violent, instead of admitting they were attacked.
Multiple police offenses: They make it about "so many blacks are criminals, can you really blame the police" instead of admitting most police are good, but there are bad apples. More than enough that we need to address the problem.
Poverty: They make it about "blacks are just lazy", instead of admitting there are institutional problems.
etc.

And I'll be the first to admit, in many cases, there is a thread of truth. There certainly are some lazy black folks (as well as white folks), and certainly, a portion of that community plays the race card, but the bigger problem is the societal and systematic problems. We can work on fixing those, but we can't make lazy people un-lazy.

There will ALWAYS be reasons and other problems, but it seems the right is fixated on using those as deflectors and/or excuses to not even address the issues that others are bringing up.

So to your point, why are conservative republicans refusing to acknowledge these issues, when we all know (as you point out) that the first step is admitting the problem exists?

Old 10-27-2017, 02:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Dims have kept blacks down from slavery days till now. Republicans have always strived to improve the lives of everyone and especially blacks from fighting and dying to free them, to end Jim Crow, and now to improve the education and economic conditions of blacks.
Nonsense. All b.s. Every word of it. When did Republicans ever fight and die to free us? I sure as hell can’t recall it. You’re all John Brown now?

Go try to help someone else and leave us alone. How about that? We don’t want Republican help. It comes with a knife in the back.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:40 PM

Who Blacks vote for, BET, political affiliation, I find that those issues are brought up more to complain about Blacks than anything else. There are those who will say things like "Why can't Blacks just vote Republican" or "Why do they vote Democratic", as if it is their business who Blacks vote for. People are going to vote for what they perceive as being best for themselves. As for BET, I'm not really into that television station. It's degraded since the 2000s. However, I find it bizarre to hear so many complaints about Black people watching it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies