Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:22 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Because white people in general are obsessed with black people? Look at the amount of threads on CD that ask why aren't black people........or why are black people.........

Whites are always trying to tell black people what they should be doing, thinking and feeling under the guise of "trying to help them". Both political parties do this. Republicans don't really want to help black people, they just want their votes come election time.
I believe it's the Democrats who only want their vote while keeping them on the poverty plantation.

I've gotten where I don't care if Thugs on the south side of Chicago or Baltimore or NOLA kill each other. Just wish they'd stop attacking innocent people.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:23 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
So why don't you guys ever post issues effecting White communities?
Would you rather live in an inner city white community or an inner city black community?

Old 10-26-2017, 01:30 PM

716 posts, read 394,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Because the Democrats don't and make things worse for them. Should their long standing issues just be ignored? Seems like that's what you want.
LOL, I don't think you've actually have read these Republicans threads, insulting black people doesn't really help.

Regarding "their long standing issues", rather than insinuating that they can't think for themselves, maybe you should accept what they want and who they want to represent them?!?

Old 10-26-2017, 01:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,969,471 times
Quote:
I notice that conservative Republicans are constantly bringing up issues affecting the Black community, whether it's BLM, teen pregnancy, violent statistics, voting patterns, political affiliation, Black entertainment, Black politics, etc...

What gives, why are conservative Republicans, who are overwhelmingly White so preoccupied with issues affecting the Black community.

I know Black people that don't bring up Black issues as much as some of these conservatives

I consider myself a conservative Republican and I don't know anyone personally that is preoccupied with black issues. If I didn't visit this board I probably would never hear much about "black issues."

Old 10-26-2017, 01:37 PM

526 posts, read 387,231 times
The 13% makes a lot of noise. The DNC is practically the black party, it's who they pander to the most.

Makes sense that "republicans" notice the problems of a vocal minority.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
black-on-white violence, apparently:
That was interesting that Slats used that as his example of a "Black issue".

Old 10-26-2017, 01:44 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
I'm Blacks and I don't think much when it comes to Black issues unless

1) I come to city-data and see threads like this, or any other thread that complains about Black people
2) I hear something in the news about police brutality
3) Someone calls me the "N" word
4) If I ever feel like some policy would put me in danger(such as Stop and Frisk)

I have better things to do than think about race. Unfortunately, it is a hot-button issue and has always been an big issue for hundreds of years, at least in the USA.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:45 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,965,851 times
Quote:
The leadership in southern states is Republican and the majority of those states is White

So why don't you guys ever post issues effecting White communities?
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations - WorldAtlas.com

Who said anything about which color is the majority? Whites are the majority in both WA and SC but the demographics are totally different considering one is 3% black and the other is ~30% black. Better pay a little more attention to the high negatives in the black community if you live in one of those “backward” south states. The utopias that liberals always mention are freakin’ Snow White states or countries like Denmark.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:47 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations - WorldAtlas.com

Who said anything about which color is the majority? Whites are the majority in both WA and SC but the demographics are totally different considering one is 3% black and the other is ~30% black. Better pay a little more attention to the high negatives in the black community if you live in one of those “backward” south states.
I live in one of those red states, Georgia. I live in a majority-White county. Big meth problems where I live. Out of wedlock birth rates have been going up, for both Whites and Blacks.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:48 PM

52,796 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That was interesting that Slats used that as his example of a "Black issue".
i thought so as well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.